PlayStation Productions - every known project

Slava

Looking forward to the upcoming projects. Will be following PlayStation Productions closely. I also plan on watching and then later collecting physical releases of the shows and films. 

• Like 3

I cannot imagine a universe where amazon makes a god of war series ignoring the greek saga and it turns out anywhere near watchable. Biggest L out of all of this for sure. Kratos is either going to look like a CGI monster or a normal guy with clown makeup on. I would much rather have PS productions make the GoW games in house as movies and keep them faithful to the games, while making short series for the psp games and ascension to fill in the gaps. 

Other than that, Uncharted was ok,nothing special but not that bad. The acting was a bit unconvincing and the plot a bit generic but a fun movie. Haven't seen TLoU but it seems to tick the boxes. I'd rather play Tlou 2 before watching. The GT movie looks better than expected and actually very intriguing, twisted metal might be generic as well but we'll see. I'm curious to see how they adapt the rest of their franchises, especially Jak and Daxter

Edited by cy1999aek_maik
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

I'm curious to see how they adopt the rest of their franchises, especially Jak and Daxter

There's not a lot of info about Jak & Daxter, the wiki page doesn't even list it. Ruben Fleischer who directed Uncharted just said he's working on it, and that's about it. 

But it's been said somewhere, that at least one of these adaptations will be animated. In my mind, CGI animation would fit Jak the best out of these 10 projects. But who knows, we'll see.

• Like 2

I haven't seen the Uncharted movie or the Last of Us show since they don't really interest me but I will probably be interested in the Ghost of Tsushima movie if it turns out to be genuinely good. Maybe Days Gone too if that has competent people behind it but I feel like that would probably be better off as a show.

• Like 1

For those unaware, Gran Turismo is not an adaptation of the video game. It is the real life story of Jann Mardenborough who was a huge fan of Gran Turismo and went on to become a race car driver in the Nissan GT series, beating 90,000 opponents. 

13 hours ago, Slava said:

There's not a lot of info about Jak & Daxter, the wiki page doesn't even list it. Ruben Fleischer who directed Uncharted just said he's working on it, and that's about it. 

I don't want Fleischer anywhere near anything related to PlayStation. He has absolutely no respect for the IPs. He butchered Uncharted.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope Gravity Rush is good! I don't think it fits outside of the anime style (something like Arcane would be cool), but really interested in that. The rest of them, except for maybe Days gone, doesn't look like really good choices. 

Specially Twisted Metal, oh god, that trailer..

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Slava said:

Prepare your cringe inhibitors

I expected worse.

At least it seems to have some proper vehicle combat, good sets and open range locations. And I find it apropriate that the Sweet Tooth actor is just chewing away the scenery.

Probably not winning any emmys, but I dunno, might be mindless fun.

I'm just a bit tired of silly loudmouth self-aware protagonists. Everyone wants to be Deadpool.

• Like 1

Matt Fowler - IGN Movies:

"Twisted Metal is absurd and hilarious in exactly the ways you want a dystopian Cannonball Run to be. Yes, it matches the games' crude humor but, mostly, it springboards from there and creates its own dark and warped wasteland sensibilities."

8/10

Currently at 68% on RT with an 6.6 average rating (19 reviews).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Added Gran Turismo scores + corrected Twisted Metal scores.

Interestingly, both Twisted Metal's critic and user scores have increased significantly. Gran Turismo also saw a score increase. The user score on Rotten Tomatoes is especially high - 98%. The movie has yet to release in the States because it was delayed. But it has been rolling out in other territories.

Uncharted's score also changed, but for the worse - its tomatometer dropped by 1%. Looks like some reviewer decided to crap on it months later :D.

I wonder what's next. I don't see any new release dates after GT.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently Sony published this video where at 2:13 (I highlighted it) you can see something from Gravity Rush. Apart from the obvious (it looks horrible), what could it be? Something from the movie? Taken from the game so they could make the animations easier? Anyway, they had everything in place to do a decent anime of Gravity Rush with one of the most beautiful athmospheres out there, and it seems they won't use it.

Also, there's something similar from Patapon at 2:32, which I guess is another unnanounced movie.

What do you think @GravityQueeen?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

Recently Sony published this video where at 2:13 (I highlighted it) you can see something from Gravity Rush. Apart from the obvious (it looks horrible), what could it be? Something from the movie? Taken from the game so they could make the animations easier? Anyway, they had everything in place to do a decent anime of Gravity Rush with one of the most beautiful athmospheres out there, and it seems they won't use it.

Also, there's something similar from Patapon at 2:32, which I guess is another unnanounced movie.

What do you think @GravityQueeen?

Hey, dear Jeanolt!

So, I have conflicting opinions. I agree with you and think that PlayStation Productions could easily make a Gravity Rush anime series and put it on many streamings there is, even a beautiful animated movie like Chihiro sounds better, as you said they have everything almost set for that and a wonderful world/atmosphere to work with... In the other hand, I find it interesting that they are making a movie with real actors (live action, I know) because it might be more appealing to newer audiences, and if the IP gets more attention and brings hope for more games or a third entry, dude, that would be a dream for many of us. So, yeah, I kinda wanted something more appealing to me, but personally games matter more and if for a new Gravity Rush game we need to get an average adventure movie, I would say "so be it", but hey, don't wanna sound pessimist, I hope the movie will be fun and I'm already excited with the future of the franchise because obviously this gem hasn't been forgotten. I never care when the derived product deviates a bit or a lot from the IP, I'm always more interested in knowing if the new piece of art works as a standalone, if it is beautiful and made with heart and care, so I might not be too hard to please. With that said, when I think about the grav lady, damn it, this Kat better be good! 

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1

Until Dawn will get a movie with PlayStation Productions, too. Great, slasher movies are the best! High hopes here. I wonder if they would use the game's story and if Rami Malek would play the Josh role again, that would be awesome. 

Sources:

https://www.ign.com/articles/until-dawn-movie-in-development

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/sony-is-making-an-until-dawn-movie-211729859.html

Edited by GravityQueeen
  • Like 1