New 60fps Performance patch

26 minutes ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

Wait, it wasn't 60 before? Game felt perfectly fine when I played it

Previously it was only 30fps (or 40fps on 120hz displays).

When will Gotham Knights follow suit?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 2:19 PM, VerCettI said:

My experience with the 60fps setting was frequent crashing. After changing the setting back I had no more crashes. This game is pretty good though. I recommend

On 8/11/2023 at 1:28 PM, Natt5kift said:

Experienced the same. Downgrade.

Disappointing to hear. Regardless I enjoyed the first game so I'll still check out the sequel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't recommend playing in 60fps. Animation is weird. People move like they drop frames. Weird animations happen from time to time. It feels faster, but not really smoother tho. Feels like 30fps game forced to run in 60fps if that makes sense.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kamilinhoPL said:

I don't recommend playing in 60fps. Animation is weird. People move like they drop frames. Weird animations happen from time to time. It feels faster, but not really smoother tho. Feels like 30fps game forced to run in 60fps if that makes sense.

You're right, seems that NPC animations are still locked to 30 FPS (I believe enemies animate at 60 FPS) which looks choppy and does take a bit out of the experience.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, l33sar54 said:

You're right, seems that NPC animations are still locked to 30 FPS (I believe enemies animate at 60 FPS) which looks choppy and does take a bit out of the experience.

Yep. Game works perfectly fine in 30fps. And looks much better. I was surprised it's not making me vomit like some titles xD (Demon's Souls in 30fps is unbearable). I would recommend people doing 30fps resolution mode on first run, and on second run/trophy clean up check 60fps mode and see for yourself how choppy it can be.

Edited by kamilinhoPL
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had two crashes after 25h playing the whole game in performance mode.

Some combat encounters especially when there's a bunch of fire and enemies/rats on screen can get really rough, even turning around the camera gets so laggy but overall performance mode was alright, I'd take it over the quality mode.