"Blackbelt Champion" Trophy

Joey-Ravn

5 minutes ago, Baker said:

What annoys me the most about this attempt is I was a solo team so I had only 4 bonus seconds. One teammate and I would have had it. 1f602.png

Let’s keep at it I guess. Luckily I really enjoy this mode and I’m racking up the wins.

You’re playing cross-play? Higher chances to have good teammates who played prior to the console release.

9 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

You’re playing cross-play? Higher chances to have good teammates who played prior to the console release.

Yeah. But I can get to almost every black section by myself. And in almost every black section there wouldn’t be enough time left if my teammates get to that section earlier so I can join. 

If only I could figure out that small jump in the red section in Riseform and this trophy would be a piece of cake. But I can’t seem to nail it.

Edited by Baker

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Here you go! 

Got it on a totally unexpected map. With a little reverse trick driving. I guess all the practice paid off.

I can take a little break from the game now. 1f602.png

This map is so easy except for the black part. This part drives me crazy but the reverse looks more viable then driving normal.

Do you just let it roll or do you accelerate backwards (L2)?

I have this map usually to black with 1+ minute left but couldn’t figure out the end.

EDIT: Oh, well and congrats by the way ?

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

This map is so easy except for the black part. This part drives me crazy but the reverse looks more viable then driving normal.

Do you just let it roll or do you accelerate backwards (L2)?

I have this map usually to black with 1+ minute left but couldn’t figure out the end.

EDIT: Oh, well and congrats by the way 1f601.png

Thanks.

Until the black section it’s very easy and therefore I practiced it and noticed the gold medal ghost is driving in reverse. I don’t think it’s even possible normally as you can’t maintain enough speed. I’m just rolling. I never touched L2 once going downwards.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Baker said:

Thanks.

Until the black section it’s very easy and therefore I practiced it and noticed the gold medal ghost is driving in reverse. I don’t think it’s even possible normally as you can’t maintain enough speed. I’m just rolling. I never touched L2 once going downwards.

I practiced this stage a lot because of the ending. And I got it 2 times out of 100 driving normally. Way to inconsistent so I stopped my attempts.

This map should be in rotation a little bit longer so I practice this in reverse. Thanks.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Baker said:

If only I could figure out that small jump in the red section in Riseform and this trophy would be a piece of cake. But I can’t seem to nail it.

That jump was horrible until it clicked on me, it's a very specific placing of the car and you need to basically brake as much as you can after jumping. But then I discovered the black section it's the longest in the whole game lol. 

Congrats on getting the trophy! I've been super unlucky lately and being the only one without a team, practically impossible to beat black without the extra seconds.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

That jump was horrible until it clicked on me, it's a very specific placing of the car and you need to basically brake as much as you can after jumping. But then I discovered the black section it's the longest in the whole game lol. 

Congrats on getting the trophy! I've been super unlucky lately and being the only one without a team, practically impossible to beat black without the extra seconds.

Do you know about the shortcut in the end on Riseform? A few platforms early you can just drop down straight to the finishline. It saves a lot of seconds. The track can easily be beaten below 40 seconds. That’s my best time in practice but I still took it pretty slow.

Edit: Made a quick clip of it.

Anyway. Good luck!

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3

The pipe track is actually so easy too, but I can’t do the last zig zag on the black tube right before the finish.

I also almost got the black ice map with reactor boost and the big hill and flipped once I reached the top.

Its doable but if I reach black with 1 minute Rest what’s pretty common I get sweaty as hell and fail on easy stuff ?

4 hours ago, Baker said:

Here you go! 

Got it on a totally unexpected map. With a little reverse trick driving. I guess all the practice paid off.

I can take a little break from the game now. ?

What difference is driving in reverse making? Managed to get to this black section a few times but could not fathom how it was possible to maintain the required speed to hit the final jump. Will have to have a practice at this reverse driving if it helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lion1325478 said:

What difference is driving in reverse making? Managed to get to this black section a few times but could not fathom how it was possible to maintain the required speed to hit the final jump. Will have to have a practice at this reverse driving if it helps.

I tested the reverse and it’s great. I got it 7 out of 10 times perfectly. Then I got it in my Royal match and failed 5 times in a row… lol.

If you ever drove a car backwards you know where the difference is. You have a much different steering angle because you can go into the corner then steer for the front to follow. Don’t know how to explain, but I hope you get it ?

Thats why sideward parking is done in reverse. You can steer your front into position, while your back almost hit the border, but you can’t bring your back in position anymore.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Baker said:

Do you know about the shortcut in the end on Riseform? A few platforms early you can just drop down straight to the finishline. It saves a lot of seconds. The track can easily be beaten below 40 seconds. That’s my best time in practice but I still took it pretty slow.

Edit: Made a quick clip of it.

Anyway. Good luck!

Yes, I learned about this shortcut! However, I never managed to get there in time in matches! ?

Congrats on getting this trophy! 

Now, I challenge you to get it again on all other stacks! :awesome:

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

On 24.5.2023 at 5:05 PM, Baker said:

Here you go! 

I can take a little break from the game now. 1f602.png

wow, nice that backwards strat looks way more doable than forward.

congrats :D 

• Like 2

On 24-5-2023 at 9:48 PM, lion1325478 said:

I don’t know exactly. But the gold medal ghost in practice does it. And a PC player wrote in the chat it’s much easier backwards. I could not do it forwards and this backwards thing worked for me even though I think it’s still pretty hard to do. It was more of a fluke, but I’ll take it.

On 25-5-2023 at 1:33 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Yes, I learned about this shortcut! However, I never managed to get there in time in matches! ?

Congrats on getting this trophy! 

Now, I challenge you to get it again on all other stacks! :awesome:

Unfortunately I don’t stack games but I wouldn’t mind doing it again. The first thing I did after getting the trophy is play a few hours more of Royal mode. It’s a lot of fun. And I finished a black section 2 more times. On Golf Club and Riseform. I guess the pressure was off.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Baker said:

I don’t know exactly. But the gold medal ghost in practice does it. And a PC player wrote in the chat it’s much easier backwards. I could not do it forwards and this backwards thing worked for me even though I think it’s still pretty hard to do. It was more of a fluke, but I’ll take it.

Unfortunately I don’t stack games but I wouldn’t mind doing it again. The first thing I did after getting the trophy is play a few hours more of Royal mode. It’s a lot of fun. And I finished a black section 2 more times. On Golf Club and Riseform. I guess the pressure was off.

I swear, I reach black all the time with +1 minute or more.

I am pretty good on Mount Neverest, the Track with the long plastic end and Jump!Jump!Jump! And when I am about to finish I get something like a little heart attack and choke so hard you can’t even imagine.

At this point I am literally crying just before hoping into Royal.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

I swear, I reach black all the time with +1 minute or more.

I am pretty good on Mount Neverest, the Track with the long plastic end and Jump!Jump!Jump! And when I am about to finish I get something like a little heart attack and choke so hard you can’t even imagine.

At this point I am literally crying just before hoping into Royal.

Hey man. You will get it eventually. If you want to play together send me a friend request. 

On 5/24/2023 at 0:12 PM, Baker said:

Thanks.

I actually achieved this trophy on the same course! 

You can do the black section going forward just need to drift/skid around the first two obstacles, beat it with around 35 secs left. ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exstruh said:

I actually achieved this trophy on the same course! 

You can do the black section going forward just need to drift/skid around the first two obstacles, beat it with around 35 secs left. ;)

Hey nice man. Congrats.

You’re obviously much better at the game than me because I thought driving forwards was impossible. ?

• Like 1

JumpInSplash is definitely the easiest map imo, but didn't get it once when going for it today. Got the trophy eventually on Jump!Jump!Jump! You just gotta figure out the jump through the hoop and after the jump just slow down to get some speed over the beam to get enough speed for the next jump, last part you can just take very slowly. There were a few other maps I thought were pretty doable in practice, but already forgot the names of those ?

9 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

I did it on JumpInSplash after like 150 games. Finally I can rest now…

Nice! I still don’t understand the red and black jumps in that map. Seems totally luck based to me.

I also went from around 500 finishes to getting the 1001 finishes trophy and way past that for this trophy. Took me at least 20 hours.

3 minutes ago, Dzware said:

JumpInSplash is definitely the easiest map imo, but didn't get it once when going for it today. Got the trophy eventually on Jump!Jump!Jump! You just gotta figure out the jump through the hoop and after the jump just slow down to get some speed over the beam to get enough speed for the next jump, last part you can just take very slowly. There were a few other maps I thought were pretty doable in practice, but already forgot the names of those ?

I was just hoping for Jump!Jump!Jump! but JumpInSplash is always a great opportunity to pull some luck.

I bonked rotor in the end and also bonked the inner finish ring and fall off in the end but it counted and I couldn’t be happier.

Edited by xIRockyRock

9 hours ago, Baker said:

Nice! I still don’t understand the red and black jumps in that map. Seems totally luck based to me.

I also went from around 500 finishes to getting the 1001 finishes trophy and way past that for this trophy. Took me at least 20 hours.

I also completed the black section on Jumpinsplash. The timing of it is that you want to start accelerating from the start line once the rotors go just past the centre point, this will mean you won’t hit the rotor. Then it’s just about the line, but this feels the same as you what you aim for on the previous sections, just have to control your acceleration for red and black so you don’t just flat out.

• Like 2