"Blackbelt Champion" Trophy

Joey-Ravn

50 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Some tracks are upwards of 20sec per finish. If that becomes the norm, you will need records or one-shot everything to complete black. That said, if you can one shot white and get to green first, you get a free 4* and only have to do 3 runs. Same goes for being first to any colour. That is likely going to become what is needed.

It's interesting indeed, since the way it is now essentially does promote perfect playing-- the first person who gets the fastest time and progresses will naturally set author times before anyone else can finish, skyrocketing themselves ahead of everyone else! 😂 Once they're the first on the next section, they can intentionally hold back ever so slightly to set the initial author, and then beat it with a proper run, securing 2 runs of a coloured tier above Gold.
How fast you can finish is now valued more over consistency. If they extend the sections time-wise, I definitely don't think it'd be too big or anything, maybe just by a few seconds longer than the norm (pre-update), just to squeeze a bit more time out of the 6 minutes, but I do think the advantage the first people who progress to the next tier will get will definitely shake up the balancing.
I agree with you 100%, this definitely isn't ideal! But hey, maybe people will come to like it, we only just got the update after all, so this is just speculation. 😅

Surely this is all mainly just for winning Royal though, I imagine for the trophy then Gold performances would suffice!

Edited by Shrooba

My experience so far has been pretty terrible, honestly. I've managed to finish the black section of LazyPoleSpeed once, but didn't manage to finish it again, so according to the new trophy requirements, I didn't complete it, I guess... It's so stupid that you have to clear every section 4 or 5 times to proceed, just to struggle on the red and black sections. After 230 hours, I honestly don't think I'm willing to put any more time and energy into this game...

I wish everyone the best of luck with this trophy, but I'm at peace with my 98%. I've met the original requirements of the trophy, so I'm done. 

just got the trophy finally after 2 days of non stop grinding absolute relief  ended up  becoming a royal champion many times lol  , the best royal map to attempt this on is stars of the past , its quite a common map in the rotation right now , but thats the map to master if you want the trophy IMO 

Edited by FresHOnline_

On 1/12/2024 at 9:56 AM, ClassyCaptain said:

My experience so far has been pretty terrible, honestly. I've managed to finish the black section of LazyPoleSpeed once, but didn't manage to finish it again, so according to the new trophy requirements, I didn't complete it, I guess... It's so stupid that you have to clear every section 4 or 5 times to proceed, just to struggle on the red and black sections. After 230 hours, I honestly don't think I'm willing to put any more time and energy into this game...

I wish everyone the best of luck with this trophy, but I'm at peace with my 98%. I've met the original requirements of the trophy, so I'm done. 

I've given up as well with 95 hours down the drain. I was a hundred meters away from the damn trophy. I had time for one last session before the new Royal mode and surprise-surprise, the map never showed up. That makes it two tries in five or six hours. The trophy is impossible if you don't have almost unlimited time to grind it for a few days.. No way to practice and master it at your own pace and get it one day since only the newest maps actually show up in rotation regularly. With the new time limit you'd have to spend way more time to get the same number of tries on each map and I find the requirements to finish the black section more difficult as well. I think this trophy has broken me an ended my trophy hunt for good.. I'm getting old anyway..

To the poster above me: that's incredibly impressive! Congratulations!

Edited by NielsB90

This trophy is even more difficult to obtain. They have changed the way royal works. Instead you have to get enough stars to move onto each section. There's no teleport either if a teammate gets to a section before you. I managed to get to the black track in "choose your car". I thought just doing it once would be enough but you have to get all stars like in each part of the map to finish. If you happen to get to the next section first you end up setting the fastest lap and will gain 5 stars so it's worth practicing and getting this round as not many people are good at it as it's just come out. Hope that helps 

11 hours ago, NielsB90 said:

I just looked at the video of "Air Brake City" in the trophy guide. Man I wish I'd have prioritized it back when I started the game. Looks like a map you could finish in a single try..

Yeah when I included it in the guide it was by far the easiest that I came across. The other videos were also quite reliable with a bit of practice but Air Brake City seemed to be the best. I'll try to make an updated video for the guide when I get back to trying this season out.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:31 PM, SensaiGaia1 said:

This trophy is even more difficult to obtain. They have changed the way royal works. Instead you have to get enough stars to move onto each section. There's no teleport either if a teammate gets to a section before you. I managed to get to the black track in "choose your car". I thought just doing it once would be enough but you have to get all stars like in each part of the map to finish. If you happen to get to the next section first you end up setting the fastest lap and will gain 5 stars so it's worth practicing and getting this round as not many people are good at it as it's just come out. Hope that helps 

That's pretty bad, I don't understand why they did that, it was always about speed. I feel it will be harder and harder as time goes on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

That's pretty bad, I don't understand why they did that, it was always about speed. I feel it will be harder and harder as time goes on.

I do fear for others trying to attempt the trophy as it scared me at first. It is more doable on some maps but it does take practice and knowing which one you can get to the black section quicker. I did eventually get it done on the "choose your car" map which took me a lot of attempts to achieve. It did help to my advantage that players were struggling with the map. Ideally each section should take 3-4 goes give or take and by the last section you should have enough time to give it a go. I had around 3 minutes which was more than enough and did fall twice but managed to do it with 10 seconds spare. Just so it's also here I have put what you can get stars for below:

• Beating the current record of the segment gives 5 stars.
  • Achieving the first record on a segment gives 4 stars.
  • Beating the gold time gives 3 stars.
  • Beating the silver time gives 2 stars.
  • Beating the bronze time gives 1 star.
  • Like 2

As it stands, to get the trophy you need to pick a map or two and practice the crap out of it until you can one shot every section almost every time. Then hope to get it in rotation and not run into someone that sets records you can't beat - setting the first record or breaking an existing one is key so that you only need 3 runs of a track.

So, i tried this choose your car one and i cant get past the black track , i guess i got wait until some really easy one comes up . Do they repeat the maps that were on rotation before or it is always new ones? It amazes me how i can easily get to red on every single one of these royals but get wrecked all the time, choose your car was the only one i could get to black but I cant figure that track out. Very frustrating trophy

On 1/23/2024 at 6:08 AM, bdias10 said:

So, i tried this choose your car one and i cant get past the black track , i guess i got wait until some really easy one comes up . Do they repeat the maps that were on rotation before or it is always new ones? It amazes me how i can easily get to red on every single one of these royals but get wrecked all the time, choose your car was the only one i could get to black but I cant figure that track out. Very frustrating trophy

I had a go at it last night - the black track is pretty easy compared to anything else I've seen recently. Just find the map in the club rooms and practice the turns after the car choice. I found that as long as you can do the hairpin without getting fragile you can build enough speed in the stadium car to land directly in the pool. From there, just make sure you hit the boost curtains to get the finish.

As for the first four parts of Pick a car, take the stadium car for the first 2 and the snow car for the second two - there is a narrow lane you can wallride in blue/red for a free finish that is probably quicker than what you can do in the stadium car.

3 hours ago, barra333 said:

I had a go at it last night - the black track is pretty easy compared to anything else I've seen recently. Just find the map in the club rooms and practice the turns after the car choice. I found that as long as you can do the hairpin without getting fragile you can build enough speed in the stadium car to land directly in the pool. From there, just make sure you hit the boost curtains to get the finish.

As for the first four parts of Pick a car, take the stadium car for the first 2 and the snow car for the second two - there is a narrow lane you can wallride in blue/red for a free finish that is probably quicker than what you can do in the stadium car.

u use the stadium car for the black track? i though you had to use the snow car, can you record a video maybe? that would help a lot

24 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

u use the stadium car for the black track? i though you had to use the snow car, can you record a video maybe? that would help a lot

You get to pick cars for the first part. The end is snowcar only. I only chose the stadium car at the start so that I didn't need to line up the jump. With the snowcar you need to land on the pipe or have insane speed.

4 hours ago, barra333 said:

You get to pick cars for the first part. The end is snowcar only. I only chose the stadium car at the start so that I didn't need to line up the jump. With the snowcar you need to land on the pipe or have insane speed.

ok so i managed to make the jump pretty consistent thanks to your tip, thanks a lot, but now i cant get enough speed with the snow car lol on the last turbo 

edit: i figured it lol, now i need to get the map and that can take hours just to have a shot and then not choke from nervouness urghhh i practiced all the sessions, from my math i will barely have time to make a mistake, the 4th red section takes 25 s per go, it depends if i can get 3 runs instead of 4, that makes a difference

Edited by bdias10
updating

10 minutes ago, barra333 said:

You need to make sure you hit all of the turbos. There is an easy to miss one on the last uphill. Here is a quick video I made of the last 3 sections. Don't mind the fail on the pipe lol. 

https://youtu.be/lCrazXxfq0s?si=z8uZjtTBKG9WECGU

thanks a lot man, it will help a lot. Now i need to get the stupid map but it never comes lol so annoying

So after struggling for almost 15h i finally got this stupid trophy and i SWERE i had the chance to play the map TWICE ONLY. I will give some tips that i found useful that hopefuly can help someone, i am not sure if this is mentioned here but there is a way to see the upcoming maps once you join a royal mode lobby by pausing the game and going to servers advanced settings or something like that and checking the list of tracks, that can help you see if the track you want is on the list, so you dont waste your time like i was lol. Also i believe, i could be wrong, that if you disable multiplatform crossplay you wont have anyone on your team which means you can just lose the 1st match and then you can search a different lobby after 6 min. I tried to change regions but the game still wants me to rejoin the match i quit before,so yeah that can speed up the process. On maps regard, like the guide said AIR BRAKE is BY FAR the easiest but that can takes ages to get in rotation, so the easiest next map is CHOOSE YOUR CAR, but the black track can be a HUGE PAIN with pressure on your brain, so i recommend using my video for the routes, dont even bother with the current maps right now because they are way harder and you probably will waste your time. Credits goes to Barra333 for the help with his video, mainly on track 4 skip, even with only 1 FAULT i had only 20 s to spare, which means you need to 1 shot almost every section. Is really crazy why they made this so much harder and making you wait to even get a shot. Also i forgot to say , every MONDAY WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY one map will go away and a new one will replace it the old one, so that new map will always be played i suppose until the next new one comes. Heres my video, good luck for everyone attempting this, i recommend trying this map while it is still around because like i said no idea when another one that is doable will come.

• Like 2

What is the exact requirement for the trophy right now and what has changed with the January patch? @bdias10 

I have been focusing on all the trackmaster medals and now I feel I can be scared by this trophy. I am confused by all what I have read, thanks for the explanations about the current situation 

2 hours ago, djippps said:

What is the exact requirement for the trophy right now and what has changed with the January patch? @bdias10 

I have been focusing on all the trackmaster medals and now I feel I can be scared by this trophy. I am confused by all what I have read, thanks for the explanations about the current situation 

Apparently before you had 2 min 30 s to complete every single track ONCE, now you have to reach 10 stars which means you need to 3 to 4 runs on each track, and u absolutely need to be the fastest on the server which means it needs to have some luck on who you will play against. You also have 6 min now for everything, to me it is pretty dumb what they did, even more with the fact you cant even choose the map you want, plus if you quit the lobby you cant even join a new server because the game forces you to play that match until your team loses it, i highly recommend looking up for the new maps since they play once every 30 min, but like i said Choose your Car is the 2nd easiest so i would practice that and try it to get the trophy right now tbh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, djippps said:

The guide here hasn't been updated yet, but here is the description I just had pushed through for the guide on PST.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Apparently before you had 2 min 30 s to complete every single track ONCE, now you have to reach 10 stars which means you need to 3 to 4 runs on each track, and u absolutely need to be the fastest on the server which means it needs to have some luck on who you will play against. You also have 6 min now for everything, to me it is pretty dumb what they did, even more with the fact you cant even choose the map you want, plus if you quit the lobby you cant even join a new server because the game forces you to play that match until your team loses it, i highly recommend looking up for the new maps since they play once every 30 min, but like i said Choose your Car is the 2nd easiest so i would practice that and try it to get the trophy right now tbh

I just wanted to say thanks for pioneering this trophy. I finished the campaign last night and shifted my focus to this trophy as it was my last challenging thing to do. I was a bit worried scrolling through all of the posts saying that this updated trophy is a plat killer xD. With your tips it only took me 2 hours to do. I think people are overreacting a bit. I never played the old royal mode but I'm sure if people follow your tips they'll manage just fine in this new mode.

Now the only thing I need for this damn plat is a second controller for the split-screen trophy. Does anyone know if there is a workaround for not having a second controller? I do have ps4 controllers but it appears they won't work. 

• Like 1