"Blackbelt Champion" Trophy

Joey-Ravn

... how? Just how?

I've been trying to get this Trophy and it looks like it's a Platinum killer for me. I've never managed to get to a black section of a Royal map, let alone finish it. How do people do this? Do I have to luck out and get a good team that can move me to the black section with enough time to beat it, if the track is relatively easy?

If there are tracks you feel comfy on, you can practice the tracks and their sections by going through the Library on solo play, then look for the Royal maps on the list, then you can select the sections you want to practice on, like Red and Black. Keep practicing, finish it as many times you want until you feel you can beat it. And the best of all, there is no time limit.

And keep in mind you want to do all of these within a week, as Royal maps go in rotation weekly.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Joey-Ravn said:

Thanks for the tip! I guess I'll have to sit down and grind...

Unfortunately, you’ll get to make it. Team up with players (cross-play on) and hope they can help you teleport to the late sections fast. Knowing the sections before black will help to get there quickly and have many seconds spared to go through it.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

12 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

And keep in mind you want to do all of these within a week, as Royal maps go in rotation weekly.

Do they all rotate at the same time? And is there any way to tell what is about to go? There are a couple I could do with a bit of practice, but don't want to bother if they are going to drop off tomorrow. 

A lot of practice. I could consider myself a good player and still haven't got a "black belt" in this season, but I get to black/red every match. The easiest are JumpFlash!, Colorpool, Summertubes, basically everything that have short rounds, or rounds that require skill and aren't luck-based.

You also need a good team, since every teammate gives you an extra second for each round they complete. If they depend on you, then the amount of extra seconds will be smaller. The same if you play on your own.

Always go slower on the easier ones; it's better to lose 1 second than 20 if you fail.

Another solution is just having a good teammate that can carry you to the black section. But you will have 30 seconds only to complete it. I've reached the end of Summertubes with one minute left, that's the best possible scenario (except if you're a pro player, that's for sure).

Little breakdown for every round:

JumpFlash!

- White and Green just require you to remember the side you need to tilt on. You can go full speed.

- On Blue, do everything at full speed until you jump. In the air, desaccelerate for a second, fall into the circle, and then continue at full speed. In the next curve brake and do a short 180 instead of sliding.

- Red: Full speed, slide to jump the other platform, then put the car straight (don't slide) to jump to the third platform and prevent a crash with the moving violet things. The fourth and fifth platforms don't pose a threath.

- Black: Jump to the halo with the car looking straight to the left. Not a little, directly to the left.

Summertubes:

Basically go slow most of the time. Brake on the Blue zig-zag but no that much, or the car will fall anyway. In the Red, there's a circle that moves to the side (the yellow circle). It's not a threat so you can go really fast.

There's no trick to the black one. You need at least a minute to complete it so it depends on your previous time, but it's totally doable. Go slow because failling means you aren't going up again. The car handles like a dirt rally car when soaked. Remember this for every round.

Colorpool

In the Red, go full speed, crash twice, and put the car looking straight to the goal. Then brake! The longest possible brake, it doesn't matter if you don't fall in the goal, the only objective is to make it to the last platform in one piece.

This is what I remember now, sorry if it wasn't clear enough.

Edited by Jeanoltt

If for some reason you signed up to the Club Access (The highest tier), there's a club that has all of the royal maps for you to practice.

If (understandably) you don't have, you could practice by downloading the maps on the PC version. Will need a PC for that, ofc lol

7 hours ago, DesmaBR said:

If for some reason you signed up to the Club Access (The highest tier), there's a club that has all of the royal maps for you to practice.

If (understandably) you don't have, you could practice by downloading the maps on the PC version. Will need a PC for that, ofc lol

You can find the Royal tracks in the weekly rotation from the Library on solo play, without having to subscribe to Club access and join the club.

What really annoys me about this trophy is the amount of tracks in the rotation. There are a few where finishing a black section is perfectly doable. 

Easiest one I’ve seen so far is Golf Club. I practiced this yesterday for an hour and apart from one small section in the black part very doable. 

But it took 5 hours before I had a chance at it because of the amount of tracks. Most of the time I’m playing the tracks that I find near impossible to do in time.

So you have to make it count when your favorite easy track shows up. Messed up the last turn in my first time the track came up. And 3 hours later another shot. Messed up the red section but maybe there was enough time left to finish..

Almost. ?

Edited by Baker

30 minutes ago, Baker said:

What really annoys me about this trophy is the amount of tracks in the rotation. There are a few where finishing a black section is perfectly doable. 

Easiest one I’ve seen so far is Golf Club. I practiced this yesterday for an hour and apart from one small section in the black part very doable. 

But it took 5 hours before I had a chance at it because of the amount of tracks. Most of the time I’m playing the tracks that I find near impossible to do in time.

So you have to make it count when your favorite easy track shows up. Messed up the last turn in my first time the track came up. And 3 hours later another shot. Messed up the red section but maybe there was enough time left to finish..

Almost. 1f602.png

That is a tough break. I always screw up the narrow boost part on that one.

I found riseform to be the easiest to complete. Go carefully through white/green/blue, then on red the first jump is full speed but the second is much slower than you expect. That is the only jump you need to do. Black is long, but easy. There is one downhill U-turn, but as long as you enter it slowly you should be OK. At the very end, when you are on the top level facing the finish (which is below you), you can just drive off the platform at the finish line. The biggest challenge here is time. Depending on how good your team is (for bonus time) and where you fall you might get 2-3 restarts. I think I completed it with 8 bonus seconds and 2 falls on red, but otherwise clean.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, barra333 said:

That is a tough break. I always screw up the narrow boost part on that one.

I found riseform to be the easiest to complete. Go carefully through white/green/blue, then on red the first jump is full speed but the second is much slower than you expect. That is the only jump you need to do. Black is long, but easy. There is one downhill U-turn, but as long as you enter it slowly you should be OK. At the very end, when you are on the top level facing the finish (which is below you), you can just drive off the platform at the finish line. The biggest challenge here is time. Depending on how good your team is (for bonus time) and where you fall you might get 2-3 restarts. I think I completed it with 8 bonus seconds and 2 falls on red, but otherwise clean.

I practiced Riseform as it’s also easy but that little jump in the red section always screws me over. And yeah, it’s a long track to finish. I always run out of time in the black section. But also here, played for 8-9 hours straight today. Got Riseform 2 times..

7 minutes ago, Jeanoltt said:

In red you go full speed and slide, so when you crash into the wall you are straight into the next corner. The jump is done braking at the same time you get the turbo, never stop braking or you'll go wide.

In the black section you get full control on the air (it's like a plane) so go full speed and then full brake when you are close to the first ring, to lower the car and enter it.

[Hold R2] = Higher altitude

[Hold L2] = Lower altitude.

I think we’re talking about a different track?

I meant the track where you go full speed and need to jump through a hoop. That’s it. In red and black there are rotating walls and I always crash into them. Seems luck based unless there is some sort of timing when to start driving and I haven’t figured it out yet.

Edited by Baker

5 minutes ago, Baker said:

I practiced Riseform as it’s also easy but that little jump in the red section always screws me over. And yeah, it’s a long track to finish. I always run out of time in the black section. But also here, played for 8-9 hours straight today. Got Riseform 2 times.

Whatever speed you think you need for the second jump, go slower. Or go back to the practice and look at what speed range works. It is good because there is no randomness of bouncing around - just point your car at the right speed. The RNG of course selection is a pain though.

13 hours ago, Jeanoltt said:

In red you go full speed and slide, so when you crash into the wall you are straight into the next corner. The jump is done braking at the same time you get the turbo, never stop braking or you'll go wide.

In the black section you get full control on the air (it's like a plane) so go full speed and then full brake when you are close to the first ring, to lower the car and enter it.

[Hold R2] = Higher altitude

[Hold L2] = Lower altitude.

Then is just going slow to not fall after the second circle, I think most blacks in the game are just long but not hard, you just need to go slow. I find red rounds harder, but you have more time to complete them.

Sorry, my bad. I explained that track here, I''ll expand it a bit:

On 21/05/2023 at 3:51 AM, Jeanoltt said:

JumpJump!

- Red: Full speed, slide to jump the other platform, then put the car straight (don't slide) to jump to the third platform and prevent a crash with the violet walls. Accelerate when the righr violet wall is exactly in the middle of its rotation. The fourth and fifth platforms don't pose a threath, you should do the four at full speed and brake a bit for the last one.

- Black: Jump to the halo with the car looking straight to the left, take it like an F1 curve(Out-in-out) Not a little, directly curved to the left, that way the car will fall into the black platform.

I haven't reached farther than this so I'm sorry I can't help you with that lol.

Edited by Jeanoltt

8 hours ago, Baker said:

How about this one? :awesome:

I swear this trophy is cursed for me. The amount of times I was inches away from getting it and something went wrong has passed at least 20.

At least you are consistent with the black golf course judging by your videos, get there with a little more time and you should have it, golf courses white to red are relatively easy should be possible to get to black with 1 minute plus. Post a video when you succeed, so we can celebrate ;-)

• Like 1

The only map I am very comfortable with and trained for a bit just got removed (Heaven).

The current map pool is just not my style except for Jump!Jump!Jump! But I don’t want to play hours just to get a single shot.

The plastic maps are pain for me, and that’s pretty much everything the map pool currently offers. I wait for 2-3 weeks for a new pool and hope for the best. There are easier maps in the rotation for sure but it’s just a matter of time they’ll be brought back.

3 minutes ago, MushuMixLipa said:

Jesus, thought I was unlucky 1f602.png

What annoys me the most about this attempt is I was a solo team so I had only 4 bonus seconds. One teammate and I would have had it. ?

Let’s keep at it I guess. Luckily I really enjoy this mode and I’m racking up the wins.

• Like 3