"Blackbelt Champion" Trophy

Joey-Ravn

55 minutes ago, iDavjd said:

I just wanted to say thanks for pioneering this trophy. I finished the campaign last night and shifted my focus to this trophy as it was my last challenging thing to do. I was a bit worried scrolling through all of the posts saying that this updated trophy is a plat killer xD. With your tips it only took me 2 hours to do. I think people are overreacting a bit. I never played the old royal mode but I'm sure if people follow your tips they'll manage just fine in this new mode.

Could be you are just very skilled at the game? I have the Turbo plat and didnt struggle with the other trophies in this game but I’m never getting the trophy unless they remake Airbrake City.

Also - did you do it in the first try? It’s not uncommon to spend 4-5 hours just waiting for a specific map to show up (especially with the new Royal rules) so you may have been lucky in that regard if you got more than one try.

There’s also a factor of diminishing returns. In my experience it gets harder and harder the more frustrated you get (waiting for maps etc.) so knocking it out in the first try like you did is the way to do it.

Edited by NielsB90

46 minutes ago, NielsB90 said:

Could be you are just very skilled at the game? I have the Turbo plat and didnt struggle with the other trophies in this game but I’m never getting the trophy unless they remake Airbrake City.

Also - did you do it in the first try? It’s not uncommon to spend 4-5 hours just waiting for a specific map to show up (especially with the new Royal rules) so you may have been lucky in that regard if you got more than one try.

There’s also a factor of diminishing returns. In my experience it gets harder and harder the more frustrated you get (waiting for maps etc.) so knocking it out in the first try like you did is the way to do it.

During my first try, I didn't end up getting it lol. I literally had 1 star left on the black, I was pretty mad at myself. I basically just followed @bdias10's tips. I practiced the "Choose Your Car" map for about 20 minutes. If you've done the author medal trophies the first four tracks should be very easy, and the last track just requires a few minutes of practicing when to hold the brake (right after the first booster activates). After practicing, it took me 4 or 5 tries to get the map to appear. (This was when I choked). After this, it took around another 45 min to an hour to see it again, and this was where I did it. 

Also in regards to what you said about waiting 4-5 hours to see the map: @bdias10 gave a really good tip for this. When you spawn in and the match starts, go to advanced settings and check if your desired map is in the map rotation for your specific match. I discovered there are 20 total maps in the royal pool, and in each royal match, you play 4 different maps. This means you have a 1/5 chance of seeing your desired map each time you queue. If your map isn't there, then you just leave and re-queue after 6 minutes. Add 1 minute to include the time it takes for the game to start and find a match. So since every 7 minutes you have a 1/5 chance to play your map, it should on average take 35 minutes to find your desired map. 

Another small tip: If you are worried about becoming a bit rusty while queueing, you can practice the map you want to play in between the seven minutes it takes to q again.

Hopefully, this helps 

Edited by iDavjd

5 hours ago, iDavjd said:

Now the only thing I need for this damn plat is a second controller for the split-screen trophy. Does anyone know if there is a workaround for not having a second controller?

Have you tried remote play from a phone? I didn't do it for this game, but that's how I got the co-op trophies in Sackboy. 

7 hours ago, iDavjd said:

I just wanted to say thanks for pioneering this trophy. I finished the campaign last night and shifted my focus to this trophy as it was my last challenging thing to do. I was a bit worried scrolling through all of the posts saying that this updated trophy is a plat killer xD. With your tips it only took me 2 hours to do. I think people are overreacting a bit. I never played the old royal mode but I'm sure if people follow your tips they'll manage just fine in this new mode.

Now the only thing I need for this damn plat is a second controller for the split-screen trophy. Does anyone know if there is a workaround for not having a second controller? I do have ps4 controllers but it appears they won't work. 

Oh you have no idea how happy i get reading stuff like this, i am really glad i could help. Yeah but tbh i think is because people dont know about this and they didnt have that luck to get this map lol, most maps are fkin hard to even get to black , let alone beating it, congrats 

6 hours ago, NielsB90 said:

Tbh man, I waited 12h to get the chance to play Twice. It is indeed a pain, but if you follow what i did you will speed the process a lot since you can see the upcoming maps and then only wait 6 min after joining a new lobby, it still can take a while but you can always be practicing the black section which is the only one that requires some training. Tbh i highly recommend trying since we never know when a doable map will come again, it can takes months and months, i swere you will find it easier than you thought.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

There is a new track from "Chickeninabox" got the trophy right now on my second try!

Good luck and happy hunting!

This was it! I got 16 stars on my first try. 

This one is so much easier than any other I've tried. The relief is immense! Thank you all so much and thanks for the map rotation tip! 

• Like 1

This was also the map for me! Definitely helped that I was the first to enter the red section, so I was able to continuously improve on my own records. Still almost didn’t manage to get it due to nerves. Funnily enough, I found white the trickiest part of the map to get consistently…

Still, super happy to get this awful trophy over with! The platinum is finally mine!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a brand new very doable map in rotation priority at the moment called “Crystal Cavern”. I was one finish away twice from getting it there. I’d just recommend practicing a bunch in the club maps before playing, the black is hard to learn but you can get it consistently with 1-2 hours practice. I got really lucky though and “KEKL - Hosts” came up which is 6-15 second maps. I practiced it previously so got the trophy the first time it came up for me, seems to very rarely be in rotation at the moment though. 

Edited by damienjablonski

• 4 weeks later...

I spent 10 hours trying to get chickeninabox to show up the 1 time it did, i choked and didnt complete it, i got the trophy on through the road. If you can beat the red track the black one has a huge short cut thats quick and very easy to do, however the red track isnt easy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, just to say there is currently a very easy map in the current rotation  of the Royal mode: "Piers of Press, ..." by Raway.

I was playing randomly the royal mode and I encountered this map. From scratch, I reached the black section before the end of the clock. After the match, I checked the black section on training and it was really ok. 

On my own, I will play the mode next week-end just for this map. it is definitely a map for this trophy.

The only issue is that this map seems to be in the middle of the rotation (see https://www.trackmania.com/royal)  so, rather be quick if you want to play this map. 

Hope this will be useful 😘

Edited by djippps

Update of my previous message: I played 13 whole royal matches this week-end. Here are some remarks:

- I got only once "Piers of Press" (which is a map in the middle of the rotation) and I got until 6 stars of the black section, so definitely close 🤔 ... Another good map seems to be "Sliding Away" (wet woods map) which appeared only twice. In my opinion, there are currently the best choices.

- in terms of probability, the most recent and old maps seem to appear much more frequently. For instance, the most recent map was in all of my 5-6 last matches, which is noticeable.

- Players:

+ There are so much bots, in general 3-6 teams of real players.

+ The hardest moment is probably around super royal mode (8pm CEST), the most advanced players are here. As mentioned in the guide, this is important in terms of bonus stars to advance quickly, earning 10-15 seconds at the beginning can reavealed to be huge in the black section. In "Piers of Press", it was probably this point which was missing for me in my previous try.

+ Practice a lot the good maps in solo.

I am getting tilted right now just waiting the good maps come back.

Conclusion:   the best strategy is probably to check regularly when a good map for the trophy pops (3 new maps per week), checks the red-black sections on training on solo, and if you see it is easy to finish, then spam the mp mode as a madman 😂 😝.

Update: I got the trophy a few minutes ago on "Sliding away", I got lucky enough to get some best times and it saved me like 45sec. So this trophy requires a very good knowledge of the map and also some luck. It is clearly a stressful and annoying trophy now. In the end, I would have much more appreciated a trophy like "get 5 wins in Royal Mode". 

Edited by djippps

On 4/28/2024 at 5:02 AM, djippps said:

The hardest moment is probably around super royal mode (8pm CEST), the most advanced players are here. As mentioned in the guide, this is important in terms of bonus stars to advance quickly, earning 10-15 seconds at the beginning can reavealed to be huge in the black section. In "Piers of Press", it was probably this point which was missing for me in my previous try.

And the easiest time (almost all bots) would be to start a royal match 5 min after Super Royal starts - all the good players there, so you have regular royal to yourself. Almost guarantees a first finish and record on the first few maps.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 11:02 AM, djippps said:

Update of my previous message: I played 13 whole royal matches this week-end. Here are some remarks:

- I got only once "Piers of Press" (which is a map in the middle of the rotation) and I got until 6 stars of the black section, so definitely close 🤔 ... Another good map seems to be "Sliding Away" (wet woods map) which appeared only twice. In my opinion, there are currently the best choices.

Update: I got the trophy a few minutes ago on "Sliding away", I got lucky enough to get some best times and it saved me like 45sec. So this trophy requires a very good knowledge of the map and also some luck. It is clearly a stressful and annoying trophy now. In the end, I would have much more appreciated a trophy like "get 5 wins in Royal Mode". 

I just made it on the "Sliding Away!" map, thanks for the tip.

I practiced the map beforehand and it was still extremely close because I messed up twice on the red section, which cost me at least 30 seconds.

I disabled cross play to play with bots.

Every time I started Royal, I checked to see if either "Piers of Pressure" or "Sliding Away!" was in the map queue.

Yesterday I got 9 stars in Piers of Pressure without practicing it - that was sad.

A little tip about the black section of "Sliding Away!":

You don't have to ride the map as intended (but I recommend it). If you fall off after the first zigzag, you can just ride to the end on the grass, which adds about 25 seconds per run. The only problem is that you have to land on the wheels, which means luck.