Could be fun?

Mickzilla10

That's the second time I've heard that. What makes it like Monster Hunter?

Had me at Contra, but I was wondering this as well.  I watched a gameplay vid or two and didn't see the comparison.  Tough bosses?  Crafting new weapons? 

4 player online/local co-op, has all the makings of a fun game.

When i seen this game advertised i had my douts, but after seeing the trophy list and all the good reviews im looking forward to it. A platinum trophy foer this game was unexpected as it isnt quite the triple A game. Oh yeah and its FREE ( OH HAPPY DAYS )

i've never played either metal slug or contra, so this kind of game is new to me. In fact, the only things that really caught my attention was the cute scott pilgrim visuals and the deep weapon customization i heard it has. I just hope the game isn't as hard as sidescroller games tend to be. Or at least i hope this game has different difficulty levels.

Don't got to + but just search the game itself. It is free and ready to buy :)

lol exactly what I did

EDiT: i went through the psn store on the ps4 and it was $20, has to go through the site to download free

Edited by Khriz134

That's the second time I've heard that. What makes it like Monster Hunter?

Well, you get an open area where you are given a certain objectives of eliminate certain troops, gather certain materials, destroy a boss, etc.  Then you bring the materials you gather on the missions back and craft better armor and weapons.  Pretty much the usual monster hunter formula, except with elements similar to the metal slug style of 2d shooters.  Personally I think they work out together very well.

Well, you get an open area where you are given a certain objectives of eliminate certain troops, gather certain materials, destroy a boss, etc.  Then you bring the materials you gather on the missions back and craft better armor and weapons.  Pretty much the usual monster hunter formula, except with elements similar to the metal slug style of 2d shooters.  Personally I think they work out together very well.

Oh ok. Yeah I was just watching some of the gameplay in another thread and was saying how it actually reminded me more of the Megaman ZX games. They appear to have a very similar format or M.O.

• 3 weeks later...