Anyone else hoping this is just a spin-off series before getting back to Cole's storyline?

FatSuit

Thats kind of a shame since i found Delsin pretty cliche and angsty. Cole wasn't very original either, but at least there was a great twist involving him in the first infamous game.

Delsin was a bit cliche, but really the dialogue between him and his brother was so much better than with Cole and Zeke. There were a few funny parts (the roof top scene in I2 with Zeke and Cole watching TV was funny), but most of it was pretty lame.

I found myself laughing a number of times with Delsin and Reggie. Though Sucker Punch did a good job with the characters, much more human IMO.

I would rather see a sequel with Delsin.

• Like 1

I heard somewhere that SP looked a trophy stats and found that more people picked the good ending. They wanted to continue with the bad ending, but since a majority of people chose the good ending they went with it. Furthermore, I heard there was a lot of enthusiasm over starting from scratch with a new character.

Therefore, I think Cole is dead -- and will stay dead.

I read this somewhere too.

Cole is gone and I hope he stays that way, not because I don't like him or anything but I think his storyline was fulfilled just fine through the first two games and I don't want to see some kind of cheap excuse used for him to suddenly be alive again, let him have his heroic death and die with honour and dignity. 

Never said anyone did. But in all honesty, if you hadn't played it....why would you read topics about the new game that could have potential spoilers?

If you see something about a series being a spin off you dont particularly expect people to go all foward and reveal what happened, more in the context of "After what happened" instead of "He dead."

If you see something about a series being a spin off you dont particularly expect people to go all foward and reveal what happened, more in the context of "After what happened" instead of "He dead."

When you put it like that, it makes sense. My bad for assuming that people had played through the others.  :shakefist:

No I prefer Delsin even though they are both extremely shallow characters, if you were to ask me something about each the only thing I would be able to come up with is Cole hates his powers and Delsin is the complete opposite. The only dlc I see they making that makes sense is just another character that shares his/her power with Delsin and go on from there, a lot of people were honestly pissed that paper trail content doesn't give you paper powers so maybe that's something to go on.

• 4 weeks later...

Sucker Punch have stated that they wanted to do a sequel with evil cole as the villian but they looked at the stats for Infamous 2 and saw most prople choose the good ending. So they decided to let Cole die and they made Deslin instead. Now we have to bare in mind that this is a video game if Sucker Punch really want to they will resurrect Cole, but it seems unlikely.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cole is dead dumbasses, just accept it already, damn.

I love Cole! im really tired of sucker punch changing the character though. inFamous 2 originally had a totally different guy in that before the angry fanbase wanted Cole back. But this time i guess they slipped by with Delsin. But yea im hoping they continue Cole's amazing story!!!

Uh no Cole was always ment to be in Infamous 2.

The story is rife with contradictions. If kessler can go back in time so can cole, plus the lightning at the end of Infamous 2 that happens to strike in a 3 pattern.  Cole is still alive and kicking ass somewhere.

Man some people can't just accept the truth, COLE IS DEAD!

• 1 month later...

technically according to the good ending if anyone was paying attention cole is not dead its heavily implied that he isnt by the whole sudden lightning storm going on once zeke and coles body are far out at sea im no expert but since coles power is lightning and it was a fairly clear day previous i think that lightning storm was cole reviving or he wasnt truely dead at all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In Second Son's collectible files, the Info guy states clearly that not everyone died in the blast that happened in New Marias. It also states that in the Paper Trail Conduits Quiz. So from it being said multiple times, I feel there MIGHT be a chance Cole didn't just get killed off.

Question 9:

What happened to conduits after the events in New Marais?

The majority of people with the Conduit Gene died but some survived

That’s right! Approximately 90% of conduits all over the world died when The Beast was destroyed in New Marais. The deaths were so widespread that conduits were believed to have experienced an extinction event. But in the following months it became evident that some conduits managed to survive—even some who were present at New Marais at the time of The Beast’s destruction. To this day, we do not know why some perished and others survived, but we suspect some kind of Ray Field Radiation event occurred.