SERVER SHUTDOWN - NOVEMBER 29TH

Paddle-Snake

3 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Oh yeah, that is annoying too, considering how little xp you get and there being only one source for xp, match related. Yeah that would be nice, although it used to be 4 times the XP, 800. Not sure if they will do it, but I just realized they did reply to my inquiry. I got the usual confirmation email but wasn't expecting a reply. They said the typical thank you for contacting us and for your feedback, rest assured it has been forwarded to the team in charge for consideration for future updates. It may not mean anything, but at least they replied.

If anything happens, it would likely be with the upcoming mid-season balance update, all at once on the 27th of September. If it doesn't happen then it's safe to say it won't. It would help if more people asked for more XP, but don't expect it. 

I’ve received the same generic reply and I also don’t have any hope they’ll increase the XP. It’s a worth a try though. The game is better with friends by the way, you’ll have better chances of winning that extra 100XP per match lol.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Gold rank is very hard trophy. You win 2 for example and lose 3 so never able to reach gold. Only if you very lucky and win something like 5 games in a row and was mvp in some

I played ranked around the same time as you. (Recognized you in 1 of my matches, one that we lost miserably :p )

In the end I won 3, lost 2 and instantly got to gold. So what you wrote is not inherently true.

Given I am becoming a very sweaty gundam evolution player :p

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I played ranked around the same time as you. (Recognized you in 1 of my matches, one that we lost miserably 😛 )

In the end I won 3, lost 2 and instantly got to gold. So what you wrote is not inherently true.

Given I am becoming a very sweaty gundam evolution player 😛

Good for you. I was not lucky. Played already 15-20 ranked matches,some win and some lose and can’t move to the gold

19 hours ago, Paddle-Snake said:

Yeah a few weeks back the Japanese Twitter account (Only place for consistent news about the game) made a post discussing that any unfair advantages/uses of exploits or cheating is a bannable offence. Boosting is applied in unfair advantages as you are boosting level or rank for gain. Even with the servers shutting down the game still has people playing it casually or even competitively and they want it to remain fair for them and it's understandable. 

They had a glitch (now patched) with users being able to clip through walls and take advantage of matches to capture points/KO suits quickly without being hit or to camp ranked modes for points and a ban wave was sent to those players or some got re-rolled back to a previous level/rank after they fixed it.

I do not advise any sort of boosting for this game because you may just get banned even if it's just for a trophy. The team wont care and will see it as a TOS thing and it would suck if you just needed 1 or 2 more trophies only to just get banned and not able to get on the game.

All we can do is just keep the grind up and remember to do dallies because that 700 exp bonus is huge. 

Yeah I think I won't take any risks then and just play. Thanks. 

17 hours ago, Mina said:

I’ve received the same generic reply and I also don’t have any hope they’ll increase the XP. It’s a worth a try though. The game is better with friends by the way, you’ll have better chances of winning that extra 100XP per match lol.

I see. Still worth a try as you said. Thank you for trying :D 

16 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Gold rank is very hard trophy. You win 2 for example and lose 3 so never able to reach gold. Only if you very lucky and win something like 5 games in a row and was mvp in some

If you win 3 out of the 5 initial placement matches you get to gold right away. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I played one match with you the other day and you played very well as Guntank, so I assume it's a matter of getting good teammates for ranking up.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Don't ask for boosting requests here. Use the sessions section of the site
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Good for you. I was not lucky. Played already 15-20 ranked matches,some win and some lose and can’t move to the gold

If you really can't get to gold, you can try winning 3 of the 5 placement games again for the final season on 25 October, but keep trying now of course.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

15 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

I was in the same boat. My team lost all 5 placement matches in a row, we were absolutely demolished by what appeared to be the only other people playing ranked at the time. It was quite frustrating because they were clearly team stacking. In the end I was ranked Silver 2 and had to claw my way to Gold, it took weeks with randoms.

What I did was play a couple matches a day and if I lost a few in a row I’d stop and try another day. I realised the matchmaking is poo and I kept finding the same enemies/spud teammates over and over which was unhelpful. Not sure if season 6 has made any tweaks to matchmaking. Wish you the best, keep trying and you’ll get there.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed boosting discussion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mina said:

Sure we can try to play together. I also can add you into a little group chat if you’d like. Anyone grinding out the game is welcome to join.

I was in the same boat. My team lost all 5 placement matches in a row, we were absolutely demolished by what appeared to be the only other people playing ranked at the time. It was quite frustrating because they were clearly team stacking. In the end I was ranked Silver 2 and had to claw my way to Gold, it took weeks with randoms.

What I did was play a couple matches a day and if I lost a few in a row I’d stop and try another day. I realised the matchmaking is poo and I kept finding the same enemies/spud teammates over and over which was unhelpful. Not sure if season 6 has made any tweaks to matchmaking. Wish you the best, keep trying and you’ll get there.

Yes,this what I say,not only skill required but also big luck is needed. If you not win too much your only way to grind ranked and hope for wins. Players also very very skilled on ranked,mostly from Asian regions. Big problem is that ranked mode is dead and people play this mode only on some hours. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Yes,this what I say,not only skill required but also big luck is needed. If you not win too much your only way to grind ranked and hope for wins. Players also very very skilled on ranked,mostly from Asian regions. Big problem is that ranked mode is dead and people play this mode only on some hours. 

Oh it’s so luck based, you are right. I’m not sure if unlocking ranked for everyone made it potentially harder, now all the noobs can join anytime.

I thought gold rank wouldn't be a problem cause my win rate in public matches was way over 50% and I was getting MVP very often. But once I got 20 rank and entered ranked mode in the end of Season 5 I was smashed by sweating dudes with high ranks who seem to be playing this game since release. I lost 4 out of 5 placement matches but still got Silver 1 which isn't too bad. After that I played some matches alternating between winning and loosing being unable to move my rank forward and eventually won 3 matches in a row and ranked up to Gold IV.

I don't expect there will be any changes to XP, season 6 patch was most likely the last one and devs are either working on a new project already or looking for a new job. No one will bother to patch this game few months before shutdown to help 20-30 people speed up their boost lol

9 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

I thought gold rank wouldn't be a problem cause my win rate in public matches was way over 50% and I was getting MVP very often. But once I got 20 rank and entered ranked mode in the end of Season 5 I was smashed by sweating dudes with high ranks who seem to be playing this game since release. I lost 4 out of 5 placement matches but still got Silver 1 which isn't too bad. After that I played some matches alternating between winning and loosing being unable to move my rank forward and eventually won 3 matches in a row and ranked up to Gold IV.

I don't expect there will be any changes to XP, season 6 patch was most likely the last one and devs are either working on a new project already or looking for a new job. No one will bother to patch this game few months before shutdown to help 20-30 people speed up their boost lol

There is a roadmap with 2 confirmed balance patches. Still unlikely to have XP changes though but who knows.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve just completed my 100% today. It took me 650+ matches with a win rate of 45% to get to level 50. According to the in game timer I’ve spent 82 hours overall (with some idle time I imagine). It felt a lot longer than that, but I don’t think the PS app is accurate (sitting at 220 hours).

I hope this gives anyone interested an indication of how long they’ll be playing before shut down. Unless the devs raise XP you’re looking at about 70-80 hours for a legit completion. I haven’t tried boosting but I’ve been told it’s possible.

Edited by Mina

20 hours ago, Mina said:

I’ve just completed my 100% today. It took me 650+ matches with a win rate of 45% to get to level 50. According to the in game timer I’ve spent 82 hours overall (with some idle time I imagine). It felt a lot longer than that, but I don’t think the PS app is accurate (sitting at 220 hours).

I hope this gives anyone interested an indication of how long they’ll be playing before shut down. Unless the devs raise XP you’re looking at about 70-80 hours for a legit completion. I haven’t tried boosting but I’ve been told it’s possible.

How much of that time was spent searching matches? I would've tried to maybe grind it more beyond the 1 win a day between boosts, but when it takes 30-40 minutes to find a single match...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Varhur said:

How much of that time was spent searching matches? I would've tried to maybe grind it more beyond the 1 win a day between boosts, but when it takes 30-40 minutes to find a single match...

Geez I hope you’re not waiting that long between every match because it only takes a few mins in Asia casual.

I will use Japan’s timezone as a reference (JST). When it’s evening or later at night in Japan, it’s a good time to find matches in the Asia server because most people are home from work/school. I find the US/EU server dies down around this time.

However if I wanted to play in the mornings JST time I had to switch to EU/US because the Asia server was dead.

If you’re trying to play ranked, don’t bother looking for matches in EU/US. I’m almost certain it’s completely dead and it might only be good for boosting purposes (this is just a guess, it’s not been tested by me). If you’re trying to play ranked legit then Asia is the way to go but again, look for matches when it’s evening/later at night in Japan. The wait time is longer too, probably about 10 mins or slightly less.

19 hours ago, Mina said:

Geez I hope you’re not waiting that long between every match because it only takes a few mins in Asia casual.

I will use Japan’s timezone as a reference (JST). When it’s evening or later at night in Japan, it’s a good time to find matches in the Asia server because most people are home from work/school. I find the US/EU server dies down around this time.

However if I wanted to play in the mornings JST time I had to switch to EU/US because the Asia server was dead.

If you’re trying to play ranked, don’t bother looking for matches in EU/US. I’m almost certain it’s completely dead and it might only be good for boosting purposes (this is just a guess, it’s not been tested by me). If you’re trying to play ranked legit then Asia is the way to go but again, look for matches when it’s evening/later at night in Japan. The wait time is longer too, probably about 10 mins or slightly less.

I've been actually trying to boost it today with 11 other people and it went absolutely terrible. All of us searching at the same time and we're spending 30-40 minutes doing absolutely nothing, both on NA/EU and Asia server. We tried searching with two parties of 6, then four parties of 3 and everyone searching solo. We only managed to find a single match and that's it.

What a truly fucked-up state of the game.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:48 AM, Varhur said:

I've been actually trying to boost it today with 11 other people and it went absolutely terrible. All of us searching at the same time and we're spending 30-40 minutes doing absolutely nothing, both on NA/EU and Asia server. We tried searching with two parties of 6, then four parties of 3 and everyone searching solo. We only managed to find a single match and that's it.

What a truly fucked-up state of the game.

That is truly unfortunate. I had a quick look at the TA website to see what Xbox players were up to and there’s some talk about boosting being a thing but there’s no solid info. I mainly see players complaining about the grind and wanting to give up too. I really feel for you and anyone else still going through the grind because there’s clearly no intention of changing the XP. With only a few months left to go before closure you’d have to push harder than just one win a day. I got to level 50 in two months because I played nothing but Gunevo every day for 5-8 hours a day. When I didn’t have time to slog through a grindfest I’d play for the first win only.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:55 AM, Varhur said:

Doesn't help that the game balance is completely on it's head, 10 losses in a row is extremely common, feels like everyone feels like they can 1v6 (and no one is able)

The balancing is awful. When I originally attempted ranked for the gold trophy, the opposing team was almost always the same six-stack for all of my placement matches so I lost all five in a row. If I didn’t have witnesses with me I don’t think anyone would’ve believed me. It was frustrating because then I spent another two weeks trying to get Gold and it was me going up and down ranks between Silver 1 and Silver 2. The game is the wild west and the devs don’t care.

unless they change the XP per match, there are lot of ppl who won't be able to get to level 50 (myself included) I usually have 1 max 2 hours weekdays to play and weekend a little more time but not that much.

I've left aside lots of game just playing this one and currently I'm at lvl 31.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2023 at 2:55 PM, Varhur said:

Doesn't help that the game balance is completely on it's head, 10 losses in a row is extremely common, feels like everyone feels like they can 1v6 (and no one is able)

I've tried playing the Melee units but I'm dog shit at em, yet I'll see dudes with Barbatos flying around and constantly stunning -> one shotting people, shit's insane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mina said:

The balancing is awful. When I originally attempted ranked for the gold trophy, the opposing team was almost always the same six-stack for all of my placement matches so I lost all five in a row. If I didn’t have witnesses with me I don’t think anyone would’ve believed me. It was frustrating because then I spent another two weeks trying to get Gold and it was me going up and down ranks between Silver 1 and Silver 2. The game is the wild west and the devs don’t care.

This one does not sparks joy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mina said:

That is truly unfortunate. I had a quick look at the TA website to see what Xbox players were up to and there’s some talk about boosting being a thing but there’s no solid info. I mainly see players complaining about the grind and wanting to give up too. I really feel for you and anyone else still going through the grind because there’s clearly no intention of changing the XP. With only a few months left to go before closure you’d have to push harder than just one win a day. I got to level 50 in two months because I played nothing but Gunevo every day for 5-8 hours a day. When I didn’t have time to slog through a grindfest I’d play for the first win only.

Game not worth spend 20-30 min match for 100 xp points for example.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Game not worth spend 20-30 min match for 100 xp points for example.

Oh I totally agree, it’s not worth the time and effort if you don’t care about the 100%. But if you’re looking to finish this game before closure don’t get blindsided by the grind.