SERVER SHUTDOWN - NOVEMBER 29TH

Paddle-Snake

Just announced via twitter that Gundam Evolution is shutting down on November 29th. If anyone started the game or is planning to start it download it before it gets delisted and work on it. Takes about 60 hours to get the 100%

Edited by Paddle-Snake
Unaware of the EXP changes! Game takes longer to complete.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, timpurnat said:

Is it boostable? Are there bots? How many people are needed?

Not sure if the game is boostable but you would need 12 players for sure if one was to do it. Rank might be possible because I heard it's empty on console and you don't lose rank points until hitting Gold from what I recall.

Bots are in the game but only for the training mode. You do not unlock anything at all in this mode.

Edit: Not sure how the console player base is but on PC you can team stack with 2-3 players and do randoms and easily stomp if your good at multiplayer shooters like this do to the bad matchmaking and even more so if you use communication/counter play units. Might be the best way to go for EXP/MVP but doing 4-6 stacks has a high chance of finding really good players.

Edited by Paddle-Snake
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

had this downloaded a month or two ago, guess it's time to hunt some trophies. game didn't even last a year on consoles R.I.P, tho then again evolution 2 is coming soon

how hard and how long is the grind for Gold?

From what I have seen for console only JP ranked seems to be active but still slow. I would assume maybe like 7-8 hours if the matchmaking is really bad but if its super good easily 3-5 hours. I'll find out once I start the console ver.

Edited by Paddle-Snake

7 hours ago, SMDoS2 said:

I meant the 100% trophy, still wish to trophy hunt it 

It's not that difficult. Most of it is just level/rank grinding.

The only trophy I can see users struggling with is the MVP as you would need to be the best player in the match for it. I would highly recommend using Guntank for MVP as the whole gimmick is that you don't aim to land hits you hit everything that's within range of view.  I got it my first match on console doing this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 1:07 AM, serrated-banner9 said:

how hard and how long is the grind for Gold?

The game is team player skill based.

If you are a good player but others in your team not, the chances of losing is high.

The gold rank trophy is by far the worse.

If you lose too much, is hard or impossible achieve the rank.

The game "reset" the ranks every month, so If you was unlucky to achieved the bronze ranking the game give you a fresh chance to restart the rank again.

Restarting again have better chances to achieve the gold rank, just need be careful in not losing more than winning.

The other trophy is rank 50.

Just keep playing, winning or losing will give the XP.

Other trophies on this game are not hard, quite doable.

But the player need keep playing, otherwise will take time to complete.

I completed ranked matches today, and I have to say, it's not as hard as it sounds.

To begin with, the mode is only available from level 20 onwards. As the game has reduced the amount of XP you gain by winning or losing matches, you have plenty of time to adapt and learn to play with the M.S that best suit you.

When the mode is available there will be 5 matches so you will receive an initial ranking depending not only on you but on your team. 

Im my case, I had 3 wins and 2 loses, and the last one I managed to stay as MVP, and with that I managed to rank Gold IV with a certain margin.  If you don't get it, you'll have to play several times to gold before the end of the season.

The biggest problem is that there are no players available in the ranked match, I tried at different times and couldn't find any. I only got it from the Asia servers with a bit of ping, so be aware when you can't find anything from the America/Europe servers.

• Like 1

Yeah getting to Gold rank isn't difficult at all unless you happen to be extremely bad at these kinds of shooters. I did my placements yesterday and got 3 wins/4 MVPs and it slapped me into Gold 3.

I did read that you can get 3 wins+1 MVP or 4 wins and it'll insta-lock you into Gold. You can also group up with others to cut down on the rank but don't 4-6 stack it or the game will wanna put you up with players who do the same (And likely are very good at the game) and it just reduces the chances of getting it if you really need the help with it.

Should also note that ranked titles will no longer be in the game starting with Season 8 but unsure if this would effect the trophy as it does display your ranking in game.

Also this game does insta-pop on PS5 so if you get the Gold rank trophy make sure to log into that so it registers before the season reset.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 11:31 AM, Paddle-Snake said:

Yeah getting to Gold rank isn't difficult at all unless you happen to be extremely bad at these kinds of shooters. I did my placements yesterday and got 3 wins/4 MVPs and it slapped me into Gold 3.

I just started my run and I'm fairly worried about the Gold rank trophy. I played Overwatch and Paladins before, I'm not terrible but I'm not good either. What are my chances if I play a lot everyday and try to learn the game?

I've been using Guntank to try and get MVP/farm kills but I wonder if I should change strategy.

17 minutes ago, SMDoS2 said:

I just started my run and I'm fairly worried about the Gold rank trophy. I played Overwatch and Paladins before, I'm not terrible but I'm not good either. What are my chances if I play a lot everyday and try to learn the game?

I've been using Guntank to try and get MVP/farm kills but I wonder if I should change strategy.

I got MVP 4 times within my first 11 matches as Pale Rider, the very first Gundam, and the one you play the tutorial with. You could try that. 

For the rankeds, it seems like it will be like the casual games, do your best of course but ultimately it depends on having good teammates.

On 7/30/2023 at 3:31 PM, Paddle-Snake said:

You can also group up with others to cut down on the rank but don't 4-6 stack it or the game will wanna put you up with players who do the same (And likely are very good at the game) and it just reduces the chances of getting it if you really need the help with it.

Hey Paddle-Snake, I remember seeing a post of yours in a boosting session for the game saying to not try to boost because the devs are still active and could permanently ban you. Is this true? Do you know of any examples? It would be great to gather 6 players in a squad and make a squad of 6 alts and just match all the time and always win. Since the point reductions per match, getting 200 points per match every game would basically cut the time of completion in half.

9 hours ago, SMDoS2 said:

I'm also not very good at FPS even though I've played a lot of Paladins, but what I learned from the game until I reached the minimum LV to have access to ranked made me better understand several mechanics.

Two things I would recommend is trying to learn how to play with at least 2 other mobile suits, as you might end up picking them first and running out of options.  And if you have access to ranked (unlocks Lv.20) and still haven't played try as soon as possible, if you manage to win 3 out of 5 it's possible to guarantee the gold rank right from the start.  Because this week the season will end and the rank will be reset on Thursday, which will be a quick opportunity if you don't get gold in the first 5 matches and you can try again next season.

8 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Hey Paddle-Snake, I remember seeing a post of yours in a boosting session for the game saying to not try to boost because the devs are still active and could permanently ban you. Is this true? Do you know of any examples? It would be great to gather 6 players in a squad and make a squad of 6 alts and just match all the time and always win. Since the point reductions per match, getting 200 points per match every game would basically cut the time of completion in half.

I know that custom matches don't grant xp, but it's a lot of work and complicated to get 6 people with 2 consoles and both teams are constantly meeting each other in casual matches, even if lately (at least for me)finding casual matches is taking a little longer.

A full group would be ideal as it has maps which are very efficient when a group is together.

• Like 1

It would be great if everyone could send in some feedback regarding XP increases. As it stands it’s 700XP for the first win of the day. For any further wins it’s 200, for a loss it’s 100. It doesn’t really give any incentive to win when there’s only 100XP difference between a loss and a win. The queue times and match times aren’t super quick either. Bit of a slog to rank up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mina said:

It would be great if everyone could send in some feedback regarding XP increases. As it stands it’s 700XP for the first win of the day. For any further wins it’s 200, for a loss it’s 100. It doesn’t really give any incentive to win when there’s only 100XP difference between a loss and a win. The queue times and match times aren’t super quick either. Bit of a slog to rank up.

It's a pain. And I think just doing the 700 xp per day will not be enough to get level 50. It would be nice to at least be able to do one win a day and slowly progress, but nope, you have to grind for hours. I'm not too hopeful that they will increase the XP, and you shouldn't count on that and get grinding, but it's worth a try. And there's still the mid season 6 balance patch and season 7's balance patch.

Yes, it takes a while to find a game... What I dislike the most is the fact that after it finds it, if someone leaves, the match just ends, but only at certain points in time. Many other times someone disconnects and you're just 5 or 4 vs 6 and doomed to lose. Also only getting XP for winning or losing is incredibly stupid and unfair. It's luck of getting a competent team and not having disconnections. And you don't get any XP for kills and whatnot. I am often in the 3 featured players screen, often mvp of the match as a Pale Rider, and my skill is not rewarded at all. Hell, the other day I was baffled by being MVP of the game but losing the match... 

The game is fun at least. But it will be a slog. Imagine getting more than that nice 700 every win... I would be level 30 something instead of 17.

(Rant over)

• Like 2

If you haven't done that already, I highly recommend switching to the Asia server (on the title screen). There's no noticeable delay (at least for me, in NA) and you can actually find matches. Ranked still took a few minutes, even during peek hours, but the Asian server is way, way more populated!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sydoki said:

If you haven't done that already, I highly recommend switching to the Asia server (on the title screen). There's no noticeable delay (at least for me, in NA) and you can actually find matches. Ranked still took a few minutes, even during peek hours, but the Asian server is way, way more populated!

I also remember not having much lag at all when I went for the ranked trophies there (EU). Nice advice! Taking less time to find matches will make this less of a drag.

1 hour ago, tony_snake_24 said:

It's a pain. And I think just doing the 700 xp per day will not be enough to get level 50. It would be nice to at least be able to do one win a day and slowly progress, but nope, you have to grind for hours. I'm not too hopeful that they will increase the XP, and you shouldn't count on that and get grinding, but it's worth a try. And there's still the mid season 6 balance patch and season 7's balance patch.

Yes, it takes a while to find a game... What I dislike the most is the fact that after it finds it, if someone leaves, the match just ends, but only at certain points in time. Many other times someone disconnects and you're just 5 or 4 vs 6 and doomed to lose. Also only getting XP for winning or losing is incredibly stupid and unfair. It's luck of getting a competent team and not having disconnections. And you don't get any XP for kills and whatnot. I am often in the 3 featured players screen, often mvp of the match as a Pale Rider, and my skill is not rewarded at all. Hell, the other day I was baffled by being MVP of the game but losing the match... 

The game is fun at least. But it will be a slog. Imagine getting more than that nice 700 every win... I would be level 30 something instead of 17.

(Rant over)

What really gets me is that none of the challenges are associated with the player level. All these extra points feeding into the season pass seems like a waste, especially now when it’s completely free for everyone. It would be nice if they permanently doubled or tripled the XP and awarded extra points for good performance instead of the measly 50XP for MVP lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mina said:

What really gets me is that none of the challenges are associated with the player level. All these extra points feeding into the season pass seems like a waste, especially now when it’s completely free for everyone. It would be nice if they permanently doubled or tripled the XP and awarded extra points for good performance instead of the measly 50XP for MVP lol.

Oh yeah, that is annoying too, considering how little xp you get and there being only one source for xp, match related. Yeah that would be nice, although it used to be 4 times the XP, 800. Not sure if they will do it, but I just realized they did reply to my inquiry. I got the usual confirmation email but wasn't expecting a reply. They said the typical thank you for contacting us and for your feedback, rest assured it has been forwarded to the team in charge for consideration for future updates. It may not mean anything, but at least they replied.

If anything happens, it would likely be with the upcoming mid-season balance update, all at once on the 27th of September. If it doesn't happen then it's safe to say it won't. It would help if more people asked for more XP, but don't expect it. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:59 PM, tony_snake_24 said:

Yeah a few weeks back the Japanese Twitter account (Only place for consistent news about the game) made a post discussing that any unfair advantages/uses of exploits or cheating is a bannable offence. Boosting is applied in unfair advantages as you are boosting level or rank for gain. Even with the servers shutting down the game still has people playing it casually or even competitively and they want it to remain fair for them and it's understandable. 

They had a glitch (now patched) with users being able to clip through walls and take advantage of matches to capture points/KO suits quickly without being hit or to camp ranked modes for points and a ban wave was sent to those players or some got re-rolled back to a previous level/rank after they fixed it.

I do not advise any sort of boosting for this game because you may just get banned even if it's just for a trophy. The team wont care and will see it as a TOS thing and it would suck if you just needed 1 or 2 more trophies only to just get banned and not able to get on the game.

All we can do is just keep the grind up and remember to do dallies because that 700 exp bonus is huge. 

Edited by Paddle-Snake
  • Like 1