Headset recommendations

Iksde

Long story short, since the birth of my son my gaming days changed from gaming evenings some time ago to occasional gaming nights. 

Playing at night requires decent audio setup, i. e., a good head set. I am looking for any recommendation that would fit PS5, Xbox Series S, and even Switch. 

I am not an expert when it comes to headsets and I don't want to get something I will regret later. 

Thanks for all answers. 

Edited by Iksde

I'm not sure about the Switch, but I use a Logitech G533 headset for PS5 & PC (Would also work for Xbox). It's a wireless headset that has a battery life of 18 hours. Good audio, good mic quality (if you care about that), sturdy build, as well as comfortable, & it's a cheaper headset as well so you won't break the bank for it. You do need a USB slot (which I think would only work with the Switch in docked mode) & it instantly pairs to it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Here's a treasure trove of threads that could help you out:

Unfortunately, these are mostly PS related, so I'll leave the thread open in case others have something for each console. 

Thank you for the links and for leaving the thread open. While finding a good headset for PlayStation is quite easy, finding one for both PS5 and Xbox is a chore for me. I have an old Turtle Beach headset, and my Xbox ignores it completely. 

17 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

I'm not sure about the Switch, but I use a Logitech G533 headset for PS5 & PC (Would also work for Xbox). It's a wireless headset that has a battery life of 18 hours. Good audio, good mic quality (if you care about that), sturdy build, as well as comfortable, & it's a cheaper headset as well so you won't break the bank for it. You do need a USB slot (which I think would only work with the Switch in docked mode) & it instantly pairs to it.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will check it out :)

Today the top recommendation when it comes to headsets is the Audeze Maxwell. Note that you'll need to pay a little bit extra (20) to have it be compatible with the Xbox also due to Microsoft requiring companies to pay a fee, which Audeze used to absorb the cost for but now have passed it on the consumer (not their fault, it's on Microsoft).

It gets recommended for having the best sound and also comes with EQ so you can modify it more to your liking if you wish. There are a few details to it though. For a start I think it might be the priciest headset, and on top of that you likely will have to wait a bit for them to actually send you one. Comfort-wise I've heard it is a big improvement on the Penrose (previous model), fixing all of its issues, but it is still heavy, though apparently the weight is distributed well. It is also a Planar Magnetic instead of a Dynamic Driver, which is the norm for headsets. Difficult to get across to someone who doesn't know about the matter what that changes, but essentially expect the Bass to be 'cleaner/clearer', but for you to 'feel' it less.

Edited by Rozalia1

For PS I use the RIG 700 HS. The reason being is that it is ultra lightweight and pretty good quality, Battery life isn't great though.

For Xbox I use the Corsair HS75 XB, same reason as it is ultralight though better as it has 20 hour battery life and a free Dalby Atmos code. There are 4 presets though you can use Dalby Amos software to create your own sound. I believe there is a similar Corsair headset that supports both consoles. This headset turns itself off when you shut down the Xbox.

Headsets I've had and think are over rated. Well Astro headsets, over priced, too heavy and frankly not that great. Sony's 3d pulse, Uncomfortable and frankly I think the sound quality is average at best. More to the point the Pulse is as heavy as F so try before you buy. Turtle Beach forgot the model but it's PS. Again way to heavy and uncomfortable, I mean we're talking hours of gaming and you want a seamless experience. Both these brands are like new shoes that never wear in.

Maybe my head is a weird shape? I play craploads of online gaming and the 2 I recommend have a removeable boom if you just want audio with no mic.

Anyone in Australia want a pulse headset? Ultra cheap, in fact pay for postage and it's yours.

Edited by Z1MZUM

37 minutes ago, ElektrickRage said:

I don't use a head set anymore I just use ear cable ones like you get for your phone. I think the sound for the ones I use is good enough. Headsets make my hair funny, indents into my scalp, I don't like them after a few hours anymore.

This sounds like why I went for the ultra light ones, I understand your reasoning

• 1 month later...