Season 6 Update

linkingSun

So, the new update just dropped, alongside Illari, the new support character, and there aren’t any new trophies added into the game.

she does have both pixel and cute sprays, which are normally associated with trophies. I managed to unlock her cute spray, which appears to be linked to killing with her ultimate, but I only got a small notification in the chat bar stating: Challenge Complete: Solar Flare

Could the lack of trophies be because of the already huge trophy list (92 inc. plat)? 

6 minutes ago, linkingSun said:

So, the new update just dropped, alongside Illari, the new support character, and there aren’t any new trophies added into the game.

she does have both pixel and cute sprays, which are normally associated with trophies. I managed to unlock her cute spray, which appears to be linked to killing with her ultimate, but I only got a small notification in the chat bar stating: Challenge Complete: Solar Flare

Could the lack of trophies be because of the already huge trophy list (92 inc. plat)? 

120 is the trophy cap, after that new trophies either stop or an additional list is added (look at gems of war).

I think the trophies are simply not live yet, although I hope trophies are done for this game because I want to quit (comp is dead).

4 minutes ago, DHawk12 said:

120 is the trophy cap, after that new trophies either stop or an additional list is added (look at gems of war).

I think the trophies are simply not live yet, although I hope trophies are done for this game because I want to quit (comp is dead).

I find it strange they aren’t live since the other trophies usually go live within seconds of booting up the game.

maybe it’s because of this new progression system they have, which looks great. Either way, I’m enjoying Illari so far.

I'm still updating, but can say there are no new trophies atm. Seems pretty weird to just stop adding them, but I'd probably be done with the game if they did. The PvE was really all that I was interested in and that was just a lie.

Edit: I finished the download, there are indeed no trophies as the game is playable.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

I hate that they’ve locked the story missions behind a paywall! I know it’s only a couple of quid, but to get the 3 story missions and 2 skins it’s £35!

character progression system is pretty cool. I like this idea of mastering heroes. I play Sombra, Brig, DVA & Ramattra mostly, and I think I’ll focus on Illari too.

I'm glad that there are no trophies for the new PvE, but nothing for the new character? Is there nothing on the Xbox versions as well?

This is new of them, so you'd assume that her trophies would appear at some point, maybe once a future major update comes. That or they are fully done with trophies, here's hoping that if they do add them, they will be unlocked retroactively.

I hope that they are done with trophies lmfao
After 100%ing this game twice i'm tired of grinding a battle pass for 1 new character just to get the trophies in like 2 hours and having no fun doing it

Just clarifying before someone asks, I enjoy overwatch just not the fact characters are locked behind a battlepass and that you have to grind it or spend money for a "speed-up" Just find it scummy

Edited by dtb345
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Wow! Surprised at the no trophies for playing the story missions and for new character! 
I don't mind doing them, just hate how trophies don't auto-pop on PS4 <-> PS5 after I earn them on one platform. A lot of them are hard/random as hell.

It's only a PlayStation issue, because when I loaded up the Steam version today everything auto popped. This looks like Fall Guys, and there are some other games that are running into this problem. I wish Sony would step in, because there's something wrong where games are auto-popping on other platforms but not on PlayStation.

Edited by PortaLuna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PortaLuna said:

It's only a PlayStation issue, because when I loaded up the Steam version today everything auto popped. This looks like Fall Guys, and there are some other games that are running into this problem. I wish Sony would step in, because there's something wrong where games are auto-popping on other platforms but not on PlayStation.

It’s still a devs issue. Blizzard can definitely make either version auto pop any way they want. If would be dump to ask Sony to regulate that all trophies should auto pop.

Fall guys’s issue is mediatonic‘s fault as well. They could have done auto pop just incapable or unwilling to.

It’s devs’s decision if there’s autopop or not. Or even partial autopop. Just imagine Sony asks Stroke the hamster to support auto pop then you will understand it.

Edited by archangeltw_

2 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I was informed by some friends that the new hero achievement on Xbox is always delayed by a week. They could just be trying to equalize this and we might still see it next week if this is the case. That said, I'm pretty doubtful.

To cite a source means to give credit for the original source of information, an idea, or way of articulating an idea. It is a standardized method of acknowledging resources used in your research.

32 minutes ago, I_Kaoji_I said:

To cite a source means to give credit for the original source of information, an idea, or way of articulating an idea. It is a standardized method of acknowledging resources used in your research.

Not sure what you are trying to say here. If you check Trueachievments, you'll see that the new hero achievements are released one week later than on PSN. It's possible they are trying to standardize this with the PSN trophies, or they are simply not adding anymore. We will know for sure next week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

It’s still a devs issue. Blizzard can definitely make either version auto pop any way they want. If would be dump to ask Sony to regulate that all trophies should auto pop.

Fall guys’s issue is mediatonic‘s fault as well. They could have done auto pop just incapable or unwilling to.

It’s devs’s decision if there’s autopop or not. Or even partial autopop. Just imagine Sony asks Stroke the hamster to support auto pop then you will understand it.

You misunderstood, I never said anything about Sony enforcing or mandating auto-pop. When I mentioned Sony, it was for them to provide support to these development houses that want to offer auto-granting of trophies. MT over a year ago publicly indicated that it is their intention to support auto-granting of trophies. I don't see why they would mislead. They must be having some kind of PS issue because auto-pop works on every other platform. On the other hand, it could be an easy fix, but just not a real priority, that would surprise me a little bit, especially with the public acknowledgment. 

1 hour ago, PortaLuna said:

You misunderstood, I never said anything about Sony enforcing or mandating auto-pop. When I mentioned Sony, it was for them to provide support to these development houses that want to offer auto-granting of trophies. MT over a year ago publicly indicated that it is their intention to support auto-granting of trophies. I don't see why they would mislead. They must be having some kind of PS issue because auto-pop works on every other platform. On the other hand, it could be an easy fix, but just not a real priority, that would surprise me a little bit, especially with the public acknowledgment. 

Overwatch doesn’t auto pop between PS4 and PS5. It has nothing to do with other platforms, since, according to you, auto popping achievements on steam is alright. A lot of online games auto pop on the PlayStation system so it’s the devs that doesn’t want the game auto pop on PlayStation and that’s it. 

Since you mentioned Fall guys, Fall Guys OR will auto pop the other two stacks and auto partial pop the PS5 stack and break the PS5 trophy counter. It’s the issue within the PlayStation system (it’s mediatonic being too lazy to fix them) and I don’t understand why SIE needs to teach mediatonic/overwatch how to script while most games have no problem. Same with overwatch.

Edited by archangeltw_

1 hour ago, archangeltw_ said:

Overwatch doesn’t auto pop between PS4 and PS5. It has nothing to do with other platforms, since, according to you, auto popping achievements on steam is alright. A lot of online games auto pop on the PlayStation system so it’s the devs that doesn’t want the game auto pop on PlayStation and that’s it. 

Since you mentioned Fall guys, Fall Guys OR will auto pop the other two stacks and auto partial pop the PS5 stack and break the PS5 trophy counter. It’s the issue within the PlayStation system (it’s mediatonic being too lazy to fix them) and I don’t understand why SIE needs to teach mediatonic/overwatch how to script while most games have no problem. Same with overwatch.

Wrong; Overwatch 2 exclusively doesn't auto-grant on PlayStation 4 and 5. Fall Guys and Overwatch 2 should auto-grant trophies on PlayStation, and they don't. This is per official sources of both games. Once again, you're mistaken that these devs don't want auto-granting on PlayStation. It also belies logic that these studios would intentionally auto-grant everywhere except PlayStation. 

Fall Guys has had an issue since F2P, so players that began after the launcher change cannot auto-grant on PlayStation. In both cases, people use a workaround to unlock the trophies that they do not otherwise earn. Teaching scripting? You do not understand because I never mentioned anything about that. You're manufacturing comments and then responding to them here. Regardless, SIE is precisely there to help and partner with studios having trouble with anything; they have an entire team dedicated to post-launch support, including trophies. Sony has an interest in trophies, including access and the ability for players to earn them, so SIE proactively stepping in wouldn't be an overreach.

Sadly it's likely not a priority for either team, but I remain hopeful that auto-granting will eventually come to Overwatch 2 and Fall Guys. Bye!

5 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Not sure what you are trying to say here. If you check Trueachievments, you'll see that the new hero achievements are released one week later than on PSN. It's possible they are trying to standardize this with the PSN trophies, or they are simply not adding anymore. We will know for sure next week.

On trueachiements are't new achievement/ trophys the last Was for life weaver

Edited by I_Kaoji_I

7 hours ago, PortaLuna said:

Wrong; Overwatch 2 exclusively doesn't auto-grant on PlayStation 4 and 5. Fall Guys and Overwatch 2 should auto-grant trophies on PlayStation, and they don't. This is per official sources of both games. Once again, you're mistaken that these devs don't want auto-granting on PlayStation. It also belies logic that these studios would intentionally auto-grant everywhere except PlayStation. 

Fall Guys has had an issue since F2P, so players that began after the launcher change cannot auto-grant on PlayStation. In both cases, people use a workaround to unlock the trophies that they do not otherwise earn. Teaching scripting? You do not understand because I never mentioned anything about that. You're manufacturing comments and then responding to them here. Regardless, SIE is precisely there to help and partner with studios having trouble with anything; they have an entire team dedicated to post-launch support, including trophies. Sony has an interest in trophies, including access and the ability for players to earn them, so SIE proactively stepping in wouldn't be an overreach.

Sadly it's likely not a priority for either team, but I remain hopeful that auto-granting will eventually come to Overwatch 2 and Fall Guys. Bye!

Try first to explain how other games like destiny has no problems with multi-platforms, they have better engineers? Or Sony just step in for them?

2 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

Try first to explain how other games like destiny has no problems with multi-platforms, they have better engineers? Or Sony just step in for them?

I'm not familiar enough with Fall Guys' trophies while Destiny I haven't played for years so I'll speak for what I think (educated guess) is the problem with Overwatch's trophy implementation only:

I think that they programmed the trophy to be unlocked as soon as players successfully complete one of the requirements.(Ex: You get 4 kills at the same time with Junkrat's tire for the ROADKILL trophy). 
So, that's why when we started playing PS5 version, the trophy does not auto-pop. I did not perform the required action. 

What they SHOULD have done instead, was to make trophies tied to their in-game achievement system. Meaning, they should have made trophies pop whenever it detects that you unlocked that in-game achievement. 
(Using the same example as above, I would unlock the ROADKILL trophy after I earn the in-game achievement ROADKILL + the sticker). The unlock requirement IS basically the same, but this time...When you launch the PS5 version, ROADKILL would auto-pop because they would detect that you have unlocked the ROADKILL in-game achievement. 

(For games that don't have in-game achievements, they tie trophies to internal counters instead. For example, they program games to count how many kills you've done in total, but don't always share those numbers to players)

So who's to blame? Both Blizzard and Sony imo:

- Sony because they have created a new trophy system for the PS5, which forced all PS5 games to have a dedicated PS5 trophy list vs shared lists like certain PS3/PS4/PSVita games. Though, it seems the new system is better for devs as they are adding trophy more easily than before.

- Blizzard because they should have programmed their trophy as I explained above, but you can't really blame them as they probably didn't predict this would happen or simply lack of experience making console games. BUT, we can certainly blame them for not trying to fix it right now. Though, trophy hunting is still pretty niche so this may be low priority for them to fix (if ever). We are in a Trophy website so of course we want them to fix it, but I guarantee you the rest of the world prefer they use their resources on making more new content.  

Hope this makes sense =P

Edited by DragonSpear2462