• Story
  • EX trial
  • Alliance
  • Custom Delivery
  • Island Sanctuary
  • Possibly the 'finish all tribal quest' finale
    • Variant
    • Criterion
    • Hildibrand Trial possibly? They showed a new trial during fanfest? 
      Spoiler

The trial is Asura, in FF4 that's Bahamut's wife. Arena looks like Radz so it might be Hildy or a random add like Memoria Misera in SHB.

• Manderville Relic upgrade
    • Splendorous Tools upgrade
    • Story again, remember the patch for Death Before Dawn which had a single trophy?

I fear for a big fish trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 4:12 PM, Brabantgamer777 said:

<spoilers redacted for a 30 year old video game that came out on Super Nintendo>

Spoiler

Uh nope, Asura is Leviathan's wife in FFIV. Asura is the Queen of Monsters and Leviathan is the King of Monsters, both found in the Feymarch underground. Bahamut is the Lord of Monsters and is on the Moon. How long has it been since you played FF4? 😆

Preliminary patch notes are out:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/91118b14eb8b1d98681a0dc5cd8c6249ca71b9f0 

Don't see anything about new fish being added. For reference, when they added the Shadowbringers Big Fishes they had this on the patch notes:

0lt0GID.png

They have the line 'New fishing holes have been added' in this patch note 

Spoiler

maybe on the Thirteenth?

but, Big Fishes have always been added on existing fishing holes. Looking unlikely we'll get a trophy for it but never say never.

Aged like milk. 😂

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Haha 2

On 9/29/2023 at 9:54 PM, PostGameBlues said:

Big Fishes have always been added on existing fishing holes. Looking unlikely we'll get a trophy for it but never say never.

The day that Big Fishing is a trophy will be the day that FFXIV jumps the shark(no pun intended). Big Fishing is terrible and a certain Youtuber who made guides for new players(which were the guides I watched when I came back to FFXIV and what got me to come back) says never to do it because of the time and weather requirements. I tried doing the first big fishing quest and... I kept getting the stronger fish instead of the shark. :(

On 9/29/2023 at 6:46 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Uh nope, Asura is Leviathan's wife in FFIV. Asura is the Queen of Monsters and Leviathan is the King of Monsters, both found in the Feymarch underground. Bahamut is the Lord of Monsters and is on the Moon. How long has it been since you played FF4? 😆

Oops, I even completed the pixel remaster this year. No idea why I got them mixed up.

8 hours ago, Brabantgamer777 said:

Oops, I even completed the pixel remaster this year. No idea why I got them mixed up.

No problem. It's nice to know that Asura will get to be a primal trial in FFXIV... even if the four-armed, three-faced woman will be cosigned to HILDEBRAND. 😁

Then again, the Yojimbo fight in Kugane Otashi was really brutal. 😛

Edited by ProfSeajay7

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Maybe a trophy for completing the quest for getting all of the Extreme mounts. But yeah, the OP got pretty much everything I expected.

I wouldn't mind that but I think a lot of completionists would riot. My last account character managed to get four of the Shadowbringers mounts(Fae Gwibber, Innocent Gwibber, Ruby Gwibber and Gwibber of Light)... and the Fae Gwibber was purchased with moogle tomestones. I have yet to get the (censored) Shadow Gwibber because the Extreme Trial for that mount takes 10 minutes even if you burn him to zero because he has HP barriers that trigger cutscenes. You know who I am talking about, sepheroith - the Elegy. I am probably going to have to farm Totems for it and I need 28 more totems and OMGTHATFIGHTSTAKESFOREVER! 😠

I am sure that the Endwalker Extreme mounts will take even longer because they ALL have annoying cutscene attacks. 😩

25 minutes ago, Skateryoshi said:

I was gonna come back to do EO solo and everything else but with this it might just be over for me too 😕 real disappointing. 

Seriously. They actually know People playing and enyoing this for trophies also and have a real life? This is absolut torment for everyone who wants to collect trophies. Are they aware of that, they will lose a lot of Players cause they Maybe Quiting the Game or many people wont buy it because of that? 

i Dont want to gripe but Seriously what Are they thinking with this Patch? How they turned from no Patch trophies in the PS4 Version to such an masochistic List? Everyone was afraid about the Big fisher trophy except FireMage777 😉, But the developers exceeded themselves with the Solos etc. 

Edited by VER7UZ-
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

i Dont want to gripe but Seriously what Are they thinking with this Patch? How they turned from no Patch trophies in the PS4 Version to such an masochistic List? 

The reason for this is that... wait, do they not release the trophy list for new patches until after the patch drops? <_<

Anyways, to answer your question, VER7UZ, the Playstation 4 version trophy list was just slapdashed because this was the first MMO that got a platinum trophy, and the PS4 trophy lists are very restrictive - you can only have trophy points up to 1,230, and removing the 180 from the platinum, you only have a leeway of 1050, which means no more than 11 gold trophies worth of points. Any game with a PS4 version will have no more than 35 trophies on the list.

If they tried to add in all of the expansions as DLC trophies in the PS4 version, it would have been rejected by PSN because there would be so many story-related trophies that the list would exceed 1230 points. The PS5 trophy lists have no such restrictions so they could put in as many trophies as they damn well please, and considering they were only able to put in enough trophies to cover the base game in the PS4 list, they did everything in their holy power to ensure that EVERY expansion will be covered in the PS5 list...

Even if that means you can't get the platinum on the Free Trial due to requiring Shadowbringers. (At least now more trophies can be earned on Free Trial now that it's expanded to include Stormblood. ;))

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

The reason for this is that... wait, do they not release the trophy list for new patches until after the patch drops? <_<

Anyways, to answer your question, VER7UZ, the Playstation 4 version trophy list was just slapdashed because this was the first MMO that got a platinum trophy, and the PS4 trophy lists are very restrictive - you can only have trophy points up to 1,230, and removing the 180 from the platinum, you only have a leeway of 1050, which means no more than 11 gold trophies worth of points. Any game with a PS4 version will have no more than 35 trophies on the list.

If they tried to add in all of the expansions as DLC trophies in the PS4 version, it would have been rejected by PSN because there would be so many story-related trophies that the list would exceed 1230 points. The PS5 trophy lists have no such restrictions so they could put in as many trophies as they damn well please, and considering they were only able to put in enough trophies to cover the base game in the PS4 list, they did everything in their holy power to ensure that EVERY expansion will be covered in the PS5 list...

Even if that means you can't get the platinum on the Free Trial due to requiring Shadowbringers. (At least now more trophies can be earned on Free Trial now that it's expanded to include Stormblood. ;))

Thanks for the Solution. Thought the Point System is only for xbox. Thanks for the Information  💯👍.  

and no the trophy List always reveals a few Hours before the Update is done. You can only read in the Patch notes that they put new trophies in as a Information but Not which ones. 

Jesus christ someone at the SE dev team really woke up and chose violence today HAHAHA.

There goes everybody's 100% lol. Why did they even add trophies that don't have anything to do with the current patch content? Makes no sense. I guess it's more of a 'here, do these trophies to keep you busy cause our game is practically dead till 7.0 comes out'.

The fishing trophy will 100% be one of the rarest trophies to exist. It's by no means impossible, but it practically is unless you no-life this game. I cannot stress enough how RARE some Big Fishes are. We're talking 'spawn once a month if RNG is not good' type of rare. And not only that, catching them SUCCESFULLY is another matter. Also ocean fishing trips have their own sets of rare fishes that only spawn during spectral currents so throw that in there as well.

I will still TRY (emphasis on word TRY LMFAO) to 100% this game. But I definitely accept now that I am fine with not 100%ing this game. This is definitely too much. I would 100% take clearing all ultimates trophy and soloing all deep dungeons over 100% fishing log. 

Fishers that have 100% log I kid you not barely have any time to do anything else in this game. From regular fishes to ocean fishing trip fishes to big fishes. It's like a game of its own. Unless you are 100% passionate about fishing you will easily find yourself giving up.

Good luck trophy hunters, and whoever was the sick bastard at SE that did this, I hope you are happy LOL. It's too ridiculous that I'm laughing.

Edit: This also means that they can now retroactively add trophies for content released years ago. Do they still somehow think that giving us Ultimate trophies is 'too much' considering they gave us a 100% fishing log trophy? Makes zero sense lol.

Also, i guess TECHNICALLY, you don't have to catch all Big Fishes. Just wait for new patches/expansions where they add more fishes and you'll get the fishing trophy. Eventually. In the distant future lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Well, guess I won;t be unsubbing anytime soon.

-Record 1460 unique fish

-Solo Palace of the Dead

-Solo Heaven on High

The last two make no sense and are much harder than EO.

I already cleared HoH solo 100 with RDM back on ShB, I practically remember nothing so I'm essentially gonna learn from scratch again. PoTD solo 200 is definitely the hardest to solo. 1-130 is a snoozefest from what I've heard but from there it definitely ramps up a lot. Also, since I'm on Materia/OCE datacentre now it's practically impossible to find people queuing for PoTD so I'm gonna have to raise my aetherpool weapon and armor by myself. Why did I transfer lol.

11 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Jesus christ someone at the SE dev team really woke up and chose violence today HAHAHA.

There goes everybody's 100% lol. Why did they even add trophies that don't have anything to do with the current patch content? Makes no sense. I guess it's more of a 'here, do these trophies to keep you busy cause our game is practically dead till 7.0 comes out'.

The fishing trophy will 100% be one of the rarest trophies to exist. It's by no means impossible, but it practically is unless you no-life this game. I cannot stress enough how RARE some Big Fishes are. We're talking 'spawn once a month if RNG is not good' type of rare. And not only that, catching them SUCCESFULLY is another matter. I will still TRY (emphasis on word TRY LMFAO) to 100% this game. But I definitely accept now that I am fine with not 100%ing this game. This is definitely too much. I would 100% take clearing all ultimates trophy and soloing all deep dungeons over 100% fishing log. 

Fishers that have 100% log I kid you not barely have any time to do anything else in this game. 

Good luck trophy hunters, and whoever was the sick bastard at SE that did this, I hope you are happy LOL. It's too ridiculous that I'm laughing.

Edit: This also means that they can now retroactively add trophies for content released years ago. Do they still somehow think that giving us Ultimate trophies is 'too much' considering they gave us a 100% fishing log trophy? Makes zero sense lol.

Why accept this and not Go against this bastard at SE 🙃? Are the developers of 14 Not Famous for listning to fans Wishes? They wont stop with this until we will stop them. They destroying the Experience for Many Players with something like that and its Not so that the Game is for free. For me its just an unfair thing against the Player Community to do such things. 

Edited by VER7UZ-

1 minute ago, VER7UZ- said:

Why accept this and not Go against this bastard at SE 🙃? Are the developers of 14 Not Famous for listning to fans Wishes? They wont stop with unless we will stop them. They destroying the Experience for Many Players with something like that and its Not so that the Game is for free. 

The percentage of people that care about 100%ing this game is not enough to make them care lol. That's why they added in-game achievements like 'Collect 20k accursed hoard from deep dungeon'. Because they know for a fact that there is someone crazy enough to do these kinds of things. It's an MMO after all. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

The percentage of people that care about 100%ing this game is not enough to make them care lol. That's why they added in-game achievements like 'Collect 20k accursed hoard from deep dungeon'. Because they know for a fact that there is someone crazy enough to do these kinds of things. It's an MMO after all. 

Yeah There is a guy Right know who finished every achievemt in this game. Very Impressive. 

and yes it is an mmo but for me its Not an Argument to put out such trophies. People playing it for decades Even without trophies. They Should motivate Them with trophies Not Push Them away in a Game like this.  I started 14 because the trophies were very friendly Designed and of course i wanted to Play the Game. 

Edited by VER7UZ-