The game you will never finish - 6.5 Edition

Brabantgamer777

4 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

I feel like the PotD  trophy would have been more doable if it was the first 100 floors like the other deep dungeon trophies.

I would be also agree with Doing the Dungeons with people to 200 and 100. Doing it Solo Has to be an Option for players who wants a Challange After Doing it with people. Especially its an MMO it is designed to play with others. Why Doing it Solo in an online Game Doesnt make sense to me. When they want to do something like that they can Release offline Version of the Game and put that trophy in the List. 

4 hours ago, SilverArrow20XX said:

Always hated Deep Dungeon content in general.

Losing several hours of mind numbingly boring progress every time you die on the upper floors just kills my motivation.

Other trophies are fine. I was planning on doing all that stuff eventually anyway. Wouldn't mind Ultimates too.

Though I do dread them eventually adding trophies for completing all the crafting logs.

A lot of people doesnt like the Deep Dungeons, but like you See they Dont give f%# about it. It is out of my imigintaion How they Sit in their offices and Talk about to put these trophies in the Lists or as a achievemt for those who collect ingame. Especially if they read Feedbacks from Players. Found a Thread in the time where they put it in the ingame List and people where complaining about it a lot. Years later they do the Same with the Playstationlist. They Dont care what we want. They only want convulsivly to play their Content and be logged in. This is something i can understand somehow but They can definitly think more How to motivate Players with trophies/achievemts to stay. Escpecially Yoshida who Said of you feel Burned out play something Else. This man has Lost a lot of Points for me.

the crafting Logs Arent that Bad. Started as a gardener two days ago and was at 35% or so. Now Im at 91% within one day. Its fast when you use the right Websites. I think miner will be the Same. The Fish Log right now i cant say nothing about it. It also Makes fun to visit old Locations and Farm. Was a fine trophy For Me but thats my opinion. 

Edited by VER7UZ-

I still trying on EO solo clearing and rokkon too but when i see the ptd and hoh i think i will never get the 100% (and of course PoTD and HOH will be harder than before because we had no same skill set than before)

I have worked to get 100% on my account for like 14 years now but SE destroyed my score now

When will SE make a trophy lke "be Top 1 in pvp tournament from X season" or the trophy "Be in the TOP 10 from a ishgard Restoratioon" so now they be sure to that people will nevr get 100% ever

Oh and yeah, even if people beat Potd HoH and EO now, let's be sure if we get a trophy list on FFXIV on PS6 or PS7 we will have for sure doing it again and again and again......

Edited by AntoShin

23 minutes ago, AntoShin said:

I still trying on EO solo clearing and rokkon too but when i see the ptd and hoh i think i will never get the 100% (and of course PoTD and HOH will be harder than before because we had no same skill set than before)

I have worked to get 100% on my account for like 14 years now but SE destroyed my score now

When will SE make a trophy lke "be Top 1 in pvp tournament from X season" or the trophy "Be in the TOP 10 from a ishgard Restoratioon" so now they be sure to that people will nevr get 100% ever

Oh and yeah, even if people beat Potd HoH and EO now, let's be sure if we get a trophy list on FFXIV on PS6 or PS7 we will have for sure doing it again and again and again......

Don't put an ongoing MMO version of a game if you're worried about 100% account. Sucks, but that's the reality of it. 

58 minutes ago, AntoShin said:

Actually, PotD and HoH have technically gotten easier over time. Generally speaking the potency changes to skills resulted in certain jobs being very strong in this content. You also get access to new food, so more HP (granted not that much), but it adds up. It's still hard, but I assure you that the content is easier today than it was when it was released. This is pretty much true for everything in FFXIV.

Best FF trophy list ever. 5 to 10 people from PSNP will reach 100% before next patch. 

Also someone should write new guide for FFXIV because it only takes 10 to 15 years of your life to complete PS5 list and you even have to turn back into time to get some trophies. 

FFXIV PS5 should have more than 500-600 trophies before PS6 version hits the market, so we aren't half way there. 

PS4 trophy list was so lame. Now you have to be god at the game to do it. 

As they say: What we couldn't do yesterday, we might do today. Working together. 

27 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Best FF trophy list ever. 5 to 10 people from PSNP will reach 100% before next patch. 

Also someone should write new guide for FFXIV because it only takes 10 to 15 years of your life to complete PS5 list and you even have to turn back into time to get some trophies. 

FFXIV PS5 should have more than 500-600 trophies before PS6 version hits the market, so we aren't half way there. 

PS4 trophy list was so lame. Now you have to be god at the game to do it. 

As they say: What we couldn't do yesterday, we might do today. Working together. 

Where is all this hyperbole even coming from?

7 hours ago, AntoShin said:

When will SE make a trophy lke "be Top 1 in pvp tournament from X season"

Elder Scrolls Online actually had this trophy for years, be number 1 rank in PvP for the whole week. It really turned me off from ever trying this game.

17 hours ago, FireMage777 said:

Fun fact, both PotD and HoH trophies have been achieved in the wild, they both are no longer 0.0% earned

Until we see more its hard to say much. People buy the DD titles much like they do on ultimates. 

But there’s also a lot of people in the DD community these days. I doubt it’s trophy hunters regardless though. 

17 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Actually, PotD and HoH have technically gotten easier over time. Generally speaking the potency changes to skills resulted in certain jobs being very strong in this content. You also get access to new food, so more HP (granted not that much), but it adds up. It's still hard, but I assure you that the content is easier today than it was when it was released. This is pretty much true for everything in FFXIV.

Yeah they definitely got easier from what I heard from the DD community due to those and job changes. WAR and SMN are considered the best in PoTD due to the changes in EW where WAR is super tanky and won't die to autos while SMN can delete most enemies with Bahamut while kiting them. WAR is considered the best in HoH for the same reason as PoTD but better considering HoH enemies hit harder in the higher floors.

Edited by Blue_Asian

it's definitely easier now, I think my first dd solo clear was in stormblood and it felt like the game had to let me win for me to win, I recommend watching some HoH 91-100 vods and some palace floor 180 vods from before 2020 if you want a feel for how reasonable things have become. they definitely sorted most jobs not being viable at all since then plus 15% vit food, 30s sustain potions, action potency creep, qol things.

I've done those DD too many times so I'll do it in 7.0 as a new job so at least something feels fresh. there's no rush with this game that never ends after all!

Currently working on Big Fishes starting from ARR. I figured why not get the hardest fishes done first and save spearfishing for a victory lap towards the end.

Caught 32 so far (out of like 300ish? not sure), 3 of which are legendary (Kuno the Killer, Shonisaurus, Nepto Dragon).

I feel like by the end of this whole journey I would either end up in a mental institute or become a Buddhist monk meditating in the mountains. When the fish you want bites but it fails to hook successfully for the 4th time during a window it makes you want to commit seppuku. But once you finally catch it it's like you're in a state of nirvana. 

I'm only on day 2 of this whole thing, I'm not religious but I'm praying to every god that I can to see it through to the end. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 10/5/2023 at 6:21 PM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Don't put an ongoing MMO version of a game if you're worried about 100% account. Sucks, but that's the reality of it. 

There is the PS4 version list which is complete and has no DLC trophies, but they are no longer actively supporting the PS4 version due to how bad the load times are and how possible it is to crash the game. I got a crash just six minutes into logging into my Free Trial and had to shut down the game cold and reboot it to log back in because I got an error saying I couldn't log in because I didn't log out. The PS5 version is far superior.

Yes, I know that completing an MMORPG Is impossible, at least until the game shuts down. This is because MMOs must constantly add content or risk losing veteran players. When you play a single player game, unless it has recyclable content(like Dragon Quest Builders allowing to have to a free-play area where you can build anything you want once you get the materials), then once you are done with everything, you get rid of the game. There is no point in replaying a game you've gone over.

This is true of all entertainment with only one run. I have a whole series of murder mysteries involving this PR agent in Las Vegas and her romantic adventures with two men and a black cat. There are chapters where we enter the cat's world and he talks to other animals and uses his skills in catiitude to help the PR agent solve murders, and in the end all of these murders lead to a mob boss. We have a vengeful female assassin who 'clones' herself by using cosmetic surgery on willing girls so she can have them die so people think she's dead, a hunky ex-priest, and a sexy magician who also works as a counter-terrorist and had to dump PR agent heroine because the mob are after him. The entire series is amazing...

But I am not cracking those books open ever again. I've read them all and there is no point rehashing the plots., at least not until I am too old to play video games.

As you said: "sucks but that's the reality of it." Single player experiences may last a long time, but they WILL end. And when that happens, the game is no longer fun. Even if I made multiple characters in Pokemon Violet, I'd probably do the same thing in each of those runs and then I'd get bored and just sell my games to people who haven't played them yet.

MMOs need to avoid that because keeping players is how they make money. If you made a video game that everyone enjoyed and bought, then to get more money from them you either have to put out DLC for said game or create a sequel, and both take money. MMOs cannot make a sequel or that would alienate the fans who worked hard to do your content. That's why they keep updating with new content and changing the story. The old content is obsolete so new stuff must be added. And it ties in-game cheevos to that, so that means more trophies. Let's face, damned if you do, damned if you don't - you either have a 100% trophy list and delete the game that gave those trophies forever, or you never have a complete trophy profile and keep enjoying the fresh new stuff that MMO land adds. :D

Alright I beat HoH solo, its uhh pretty wild. I made it to floor 95+ twice in a row before the stars aligned and adds stopped critical hitting me into oblivion. Good luck to all of you, 2 down 1 to go, now to waste twice as much time on PotD. 😭

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asmund said:

Alright I beat HoH solo, its uhh pretty wild. I made it to floor 95+ twice in a row before the stars aligned and adds stopped critical hitting me into oblivion. Good luck to all of you, 2 down 1 to go, now to waste twice as much time on PotD. 😭

Congrats!

• Like 1

This is not related to trophy hunting, but when should I play this game to get mount farms? My main character needs one more gwibber and I can't seem to find a solid group for just 11 successful runs of Hades' Elegy. (I don't blame parties for not wanting to do this triall, Hades' Elegy is just ten minutes of stupid cutscene animations and BS mechanics. 😠) In fact, if I want to put up a Party Finder, when is the best time to do it? Or should I just find a raiding discord and pray they'll accept a noob? <_<

1 hour ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

This is not related to trophy hunting, but when should I play this game to get mount farms? My main character needs one more gwibber and I can't seem to find a solid group for just 11 successful runs of Hades' Elegy. (I don't blame parties for not wanting to do this triall, Hades' Elegy is just ten minutes of stupid cutscene animations and BS mechanics. 😠) In fact, if I want to put up a Party Finder, when is the best time to do it? Or should I just find a raiding discord and pray they'll accept a noob? <_<

Prime time is the evening in your time zone. Typically around 6-10pm on weekdays. And 12-10pm on weekends. 

12 hours ago, Asmund said:

Well done! I'm currently bashing my head against my desk trying to catch big fishes. Almost done with ARR, only need 20 more before I move on to HW. 

I'm not looking forward to redoing HoH solo 100 again... my RDM clear back in ShB was pretty clutch. Those double auto crits will hunt me again 😭

2 hours ago, Eqill5 said:

I’ve never played a game like this before, and have no intention of ever starting it... but I’m just curious as to what the estimated time to 100% is from scratch? The hours investment looks diabolically insane

I'm afraid the answer to that is close to infinity as possible. Soloing all three deep dungeons fully takes hours of work because the enemies do fatal damage to you in one shot near the end and can aggro you easily if you aren't careful. On my failed 20-100 Heaven on High run with a full party with voice chat, we wiped to THREE patrolling monsters that showed up in the same room. :(

Also, there are a lot of grinds and RNG. Raiding the Excitatron treasure dungeon is highly luck dependent, as if you open the wrong door, you are kicked out of the dungeon and have to get summon another. And don't get me started on getting 344 unique Triple-Triad cards and all 46 sightseeing spots in Endwalker areas(some which require precise jumps to get to).