The game you will never finish - 6.5 Edition

Brabantgamer777

I love final fantasy, I have most of the final fantasy platinum and I wanted to make the saga, but I always think if it is worth undertaking such a number of hours for this edition in addition to the work it would cost.

I don't want to imagine how many hours it would be to have this 100%.

But I hear people talk wonderful things about 14, plus I loved 16 and many melodies and Easter eggs come from 14, I wonder if I'm missing out on a wonderful game.

I don't know if I'll finally let it go because an FF XIV is equivalent to many games that I still have to play or get into this madness just because I love its worlds, its songs or its stories.

13 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Well done! I'm currently bashing my head against my desk trying to catch big fishes. Almost done with ARR, only need 20 more before I move on to HW. 

I'm not looking forward to redoing HoH solo 100 again... my RDM clear back in ShB was pretty clutch. Those double auto crits will hunt me again 😭

I feel that. I see you're doing it by expac. I would suggest you look at the timer for the legendary fish regardless of the expacs - Since you can cut some leeway for some of the more dogshit fish if you can luckily get the legendaries.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Big_Fishing#Legendary_Fish

I really do not want to go into HOH/POTD at high ping. Really hope that they release cross datacenter travel soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Griffon234 said:

I feel that. I see you're doing it by expac. I would suggest you look at the timer for the legendary fish regardless of the expacs - Since you can cut some leeway for some of the more dogshit fish if you can luckily get the legendaries.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Big_Fishing#Legendary_Fish

I really do not want to go into HOH/POTD at high ping. Really hope that they release cross datacenter travel soon. 

I've been so lucky with the ARR legendaries. I got them all during the first spawn window I went to catch them. I've heard people taking weeks to catch some of these.

The problem is now I'm paying for that with one of the ARR big fish I'm struggling to catch.

Anomalocaris: 9 windows, 20 bites and no success. Fish requires a medium !! tug for mooch but 80% of the time you'll get weak ! tugs. If you do get a medium tug 90% chance it's another medium tug and not a heavy !!! tug which is what you want. Then if you do get a heavy tug, 90% chance it'll fail. I don't know why this fish is giving me this much trouble. Tried searching it on Google if people had same experience but no one even mentions it so it's really just incredibly bad RNG. Most people mention Nepto Dragon, Namitaro or Helicoprion for tricky ARR big fishes.

Youtube/Twitch has been essential in making sure my sanity is kept in check. I think what I learned is you just have to go to every spawn window not expecting anything. If you do, the disappointment just really weighs heavy on your mind and it's not gonna do you any good. Considering I still have HW, SB, ShB and EW Big fish AND Ocean fishing spectrals to do, I need to make sure my mind is well-equipped to deal with all this misery about to come lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SublimeHawk said:

If you do the deep dungeon trophy requirements on PC, they won't just pop on PS5 right? Or do they? 

They do not. You must complete them on console.

4 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I've been so lucky with the ARR legendaries. I got them all during the first spawn window I went to catch them. I've heard people taking weeks to catch some of these.

The problem is now I'm paying for that with one of the ARR big fish I'm struggling to catch.

Anomalocaris: 9 windows, 20 bites and no success. Fish requires a medium !! tug for mooch but 80% of the time you'll get weak ! tugs. If you do get a medium tug 90% chance it's another medium tug and not a heavy !!! tug which is what you want. Then if you do get a heavy tug, 90% chance it'll fail. I don't know why this fish is giving me this much trouble. Tried searching it on Google if people had same experience but no one even mentions it so it's really just incredibly bad RNG. Most people mention Nepto Dragon, Namitaro or Helicoprion for tricky ARR big fishes.

Youtube/Twitch has been essential in making sure my sanity is kept in check. I think what I learned is you just have to go to every spawn window not expecting anything. If you do, the disappointment just really weighs heavy on your mind and it's not gonna do you any good. Considering I still have HW, SB, ShB and EW Big fish AND Ocean fishing spectrals to do, I need to make sure my mind is well-equipped to deal with all this misery about to come lol.

Agreed yeah. I definitely go to a lot of ponds without expecting anything - but alas, it still feels very disappointing since it's a colossal waste of time, and probably a sign I should probably take more breaks for this too.

You'll need to get the majority of the stuff in Ocean Fishing, but I definitely suggest skipping the Fables lol, it is like gambling but with no real reward lmao. Hate that there's RNG in proccing the spectral, RNG then proccing the intuition, and then such a short window for the Fable, with sometimes only 1-2 attempts assuming everything else aligns. Awful

3 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

They do not. You must complete them on console.

Agreed yeah. I definitely go to a lot of ponds without expecting anything - but alas, it still feels very disappointing since it's a colossal waste of time, and probably a sign I should probably take more breaks for this too.

You'll need to get the majority of the stuff in Ocean Fishing, but I definitely suggest skipping the Fables lol, it is like gambling but with no real reward lmao. Hate that there's RNG in proccing the spectral, RNG then proccing the intuition, and then such a short window for the Fable, with sometimes only 1-2 attempts assuming everything else aligns. Awful

Yeah, the plan is to skip Fabled fish because honestly catching them sounds miserable. Once I get this fishing trophy along with the PotD and HoH solo trophies then I'm gonna try getting them since we really don't have anything else to do till 7.0. With Legendary fishes, I will try to catch them all but I usually leave them for last because they require so much preparation and I feel that I'm better off catching other Big Fish in the mean time. Exception is when the Legendaries have very rare spawn windows like Cinder Egg in ShB which as of right now will spawn in 1 day, next window being 7 days later (yikes).

Since there's enough leeway to where you can skip all Legendaries and Fabled fish (plus a bit more if you really struggle with some regular Big fishes) and still get the trophy, I'm not stressing that much about them at the moment. I would love to get the 'Big Fish' title though. I've always thought it was a neat title.

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 10/9/2023 at 2:13 AM, PostGameBlues said:

Yeah, the plan is to skip Fabled fish because honestly catching them sounds miserable. Once I get this fishing trophy along with the PotD and HoH solo trophies then I'm gonna try getting them since we really don't have anything else to do till 7.0. With Legendary fishes, I will try to catch them all but I usually leave them for last because they require so much preparation and I feel that I'm better off catching other Big Fish in the mean time. Exception is when the Legendaries have very rare spawn windows like Cinder Egg in ShB which as of right now will spawn in 1 day, next window being 7 days later (yikes).

Since there's enough leeway to where you can skip all Legendaries and Fabled fish (plus a bit more if you really struggle with some regular Big fishes) and still get the trophy, I'm not stressing that much about them at the moment. I would love to get the 'Big Fish' title though. I've always thought it was a neat title.

You should be doing Unconditional when it's next up, with the correct set up it's a participation legendary

5 hours ago, FireMage777 said:

You should be doing Unconditional when it's next up, with the correct set up it's a participation legendary

Yeah I've been keeping eye on the rarer legendaries. Unfortunately a number of them spawn when I'm at work or asleep and I'm not ready to disrupt my sleep schedule yet lmao. Even some of the regular Big Fish spawn once every few days like this stupid Bobgoblin Bass in Dravanian Hinterlands which comes up in 4 days after I missed it 2 days ago. Still got a few HW Big Fish to catch but honestly I might as well move on to Stormblood and catch the easier ones there.

8 hours ago, Brabantgamer777 said:

Managed to get the mining log trophy just now. Didn't realise you needed pentamelded gear for it so that was a big chunk of gil gone, haha! Now on to botany before I dip my toes into the fishing log.

You don't need pentamelded gear, it's possible to gather enough items with purple scrip gear + perception materia + perception food. And since you don't need to gather every single item, you might not even need the food :D
I don't have a single pentamelded gear and got the botanist trophy 👌

I think the only things I will do for my old account in this game's terms after getting the platinum in the 6.1-6.5 DLCs are the trophies for getting all the records from the variant dungeons, completing the Manderville Weapon relic quest, and all the stuff with the tribal quests and custom deliveries, since those last things are good EXP. I'll probably also suffer through all the Extreme Trials just because I am a mount fiend(I have all of the ultimate mounts - Kirin, Firebird, Kamuy of the Nine Tales(though I did get a couple of the kamuys through the Moogle Tomestone event) and the Lundwaffe(though I got the Fae Gwibber from the Moogle Tomestone event), I'll probably grab that Apocryphtal Bahamut too just for sh**s and giggles. 😜 I'll also complete the Alliance Raids and Pandemonium...

When I clear the MSQ. I am just starting Garlemald... <_<

Got through HoH solo! It felt easier than EO to me and took me 3 tries. On my first run, I got to 99 and ran out of time. On my second run, I  also got to 99 but died as I popped my witching when a second control aggroed me. I did it on WAR and recommend anyone else to do the same. You can fight any enemy and the debuffs are not much of a hindrance. I used this video as a reference and it worked out very well.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Got through HoH solo! It felt easier than EO to me and took me 3 tries. On my first run, I got to 99 and ran out of time. On my second run, I  also got to 99 but died as I popped my witching when a second control aggroed me. I did it on WAR and recommend anyone else to do the same. You can fight any enemy and the debuffs are not much of a hindrance. I used this video as a reference and it worked out very well.

Congrats! Hopefully my reclear can also go smoothly like your runs. I was meaning to go SMN because EW SMN is just busted in general in Lvl 70 content like UCoB/UWU. But I might try Warrior on my relearning run. I think I'm not as comfortable with solo deep dungeons as tank because the timer becomes your enemy more than anything. We'll see though. Gonna need to farm some regen pots as well.

I just want to get the fishing trophy done before Spiderman 2 comes out. Would be good to play that game in the meantime to avoid burnout. Then back to the deep dungeon trenches lol.

7 hours ago, lgnis-Fatuus- said:

Awesome job! Out of curiosity, are you a PC main and just log PS5 to pop trophies, or do you mainly play PS5? Trying to figure out if I should get to 90 on PC, then do 91-100 on PS5, or do it all on PS5 to get used to playing console, etc.

Thanks. I did it all on PS5.

56 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Congrats! Hopefully my reclear can also go smoothly like your runs. I was meaning to go SMN because EW SMN is just busted in general in Lvl 70 content like UCoB/UWU. But I might try Warrior on my relearning run. I think I'm not as comfortable with solo deep dungeons as tank because the timer becomes your enemy more than anything. We'll see though. Gonna need to farm some regen pots as well.

I just want to get the fishing trophy done before Spiderman 2 comes out. Would be good to play that game in the meantime to avoid burnout. Then back to the deep dungeon trenches lol.

I have just been chipping away at fishing. Almost through ARR fishing. Time is certainly something you have to conscious about, but really only matters from 71-100. Typically you wanna try to avoid using anything big on 71-80 and just keep chain pulling. Hopefully, you pick up some good pommanders you can burn. 81-90 you wanna try to burn all of your flights and alterations (not together). Then just have all of your floor wipes for 91-100 if possible. On my clear run, I managed to have 6 floor wipes and a flight. So I actually only needed to fight 2 full floors and 1 flight. Had 26 minutes on the clock.

12 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Thanks. I did it all on PS5.

I have just been chipping away at fishing. Almost through ARR fishing. Time is certainly something you have to conscious about, but really only matters from 71-100. Typically you wanna try to avoid using anything big on 71-80 and just keep chain pulling. Hopefully, you pick up some good pommanders you can burn. 81-90 you wanna try to burn all of your flights and alterations (not together). Then just have all of your floor wipes for 91-100 if possible. On my clear run, I managed to have 6 floor wipes and a flight. So I actually only needed to fight 2 full floors and 1 flight. Had 26 minutes on the clock.

26 mins on the clock actually makes me view this a lot more brightly as a tank - since I am concerned about time. Did you do any landmine plays or just fought enemies back to back? And did you do any multipulling etc?

Edited by Griffon234

10 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

26 mins on the clock actually makes me view this a lot more brightly as a tank - since I am concerned about time. Did you do any landmine plays or just fought enemies back to back? And did you do any multipulling etc?

So the reason I had so much time was because I entered the 91-100 set with 3 Magicite and 3 Petrifications and a flight. This means I really just needed to fight two normal floors, and 1 flighted, and then I could nuke the rest of the set. Time is only tight on the 71-80 and 81-90 sets. The more pommanders you save, the easier the final set becomes. I really recommend trying to get to the last set with at least 4 floor wipes left. Anything less and I don't think you have enough time to win.

7 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

So the reason I had so much time was because I entered the 91-100 set with 3 Magicite and 3 Petrifications and a flight. This means I really just needed to fight two normal floors, and 1 flighted, and then I could nuke the rest of the set. Time is only tight on the 71-80 and 81-90 sets. The more pommanders you save, the easier the final set becomes. I really recommend trying to get to the last set with at least 4 floor wipes left. Anything less and I don't think you have enough time to win.

Yep, that's why I screwed up and got the party wiped on Floor 91 in that voice chat run - I spammed Pomanders and they yelled at me to stop. One of the others was having a headache at Level 90. And then we got ambushed by three patrols with no Petrification or Magicite. :(

That soured my entire Deep Dungeon experience. I think I'd rather do the Variant Dungeons casual play... once I get past the main story of Endwalker.

On 10/14/2023 at 8:58 PM, PraiseTheFluppi said:

You don't need pentamelded gear, it's possible to gather enough items with purple scrip gear + perception materia + perception food. And since you don't need to gather every single item, you might not even need the food :D
I don't have a single pentamelded gear and got the botanist trophy 👌

I completely forgot about the existence of food. Now I feel like an idiot. Have gotten the botany log trophy, but that one pops quite a bit before you have every item. With the mining log I could miss 1. Time to put on country music and get to fishin'.

I have 350 out of the 1460 already, so let's see how long it'll take.

Edited by Brabantgamer777
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lbadplaay said:

Is there a site with a full list of what can be gathered for botanist/miner ?

Do everything count ? collectables that you turn for custom deliveries too for example ?

Not everything counts, no. Every Most items in your gathering log that have a checkmark next to them after you collect them count, so all regular miner and botanist items (including excluding collactibles in the regular gathering list) as well as all regional folklore items :) Items in the Collectables and Sidequest tab don't count.

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Not everything counts, no. Every item in your gathering log that has a checkmark next to it after you collect it counts, so all regular miner and botanist items (including collactibles in the regular gathering list) as well as all regional folklore items :) Items in the Collectables and Sidequest tab don't count.

Most collectibles in the leveling section do NOT count. It must be something that is UNIQUE to Miner/Botanist. Basically all of the Custom Delivery items don't count

• Like 2