The game you will never finish - 6.5 Edition

Brabantgamer777

4 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Wow is PotD really that easy on WAR? I'm still undecided between MCH and WAR. I was going to go RDM but I feel like if you're going to be a DPS you might as well be MCH. The amount of times you will have to Vercure on RDM while kiting enemies means that your already lower damage compared to MCH is going to be even lower because of all those GCDs spent on Vercure. I also imagine that MCH will easily clear 180 enrage dps check if you stock up on heat gauge and battery. On the other hand, Warrior is always great for survivability but time is the main issue. I dropped WAR for HoH on my first reclear attempt for this very reason.

Also farming for potsherds sucks lol. Getting to floor 100 just to farm potsherds is so time-consuming.

The nice thing about WAR is that you can just fight any mob. You don't really need to use any potions until around the 160s. So if you are just trying to farm pots, it is probably the best option. I only found time to be an issue on the 171 and above. I just never stop fighting and am constantly pulling mobs. You can even survive fighting two mobs at once if you rotate your defensives (granted this is never on purpose but mistakes happen). The last set is actually not bad because you should have 3 resolutions that you can use to kill mobs at the end. I had a comfy 9 minutes left on that one. The 181-190 is the toughest and you basically just want to spam your Flights, and Alterations and probably use a Rage if needed to meet the time.

I  have still not cleared Endwalker's story, I am at the Bestaway Burrows not advancing the plot. I just log in, do my tribal quests, and log out. Also, today I have to do my weekly custom deliveries and whatnot. I didn't even get the Wondrous Tales as I am bored with roulettes and whatnot even though I need to get my remaining jobs to Level 90. :(

First plan of action is to get to Bloodsworm with the Stormblood tribes so I can get them allied and be done with them. All of my jobs are Level 80 in battle, crafting and gathering so the Stormblood tribes give me nothing and neither do the Shadowbringers tribes. Then I will try to finish Endwalker so I can unlock all the Endwalker tribes and get to work on those. I don't know if I will finish at all. FFXIV is getting a bit boring now. :(

12 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I  have still not cleared Endwalker's story, I am at the Bestaway Burrows not advancing the plot. I just log in, do my tribal quests, and log out. Also, today I have to do my weekly custom deliveries and whatnot. I didn't even get the Wondrous Tales as I am bored with roulettes and whatnot even though I need to get my remaining jobs to Level 90. :(

First plan of action is to get to Bloodsworm with the Stormblood tribes so I can get them allied and be done with them. All of my jobs are Level 80 in battle, crafting and gathering so the Stormblood tribes give me nothing and neither do the Shadowbringers tribes. Then I will try to finish Endwalker so I can unlock all the Endwalker tribes and get to work on those. I don't know if I will finish at all. FFXIV is getting a bit boring now. :(

Take a break if you're bored. I find it a little odd you're already bored with the game, yet haven't even finished EW. 

Try Bozja, Eureka, other content that doesn't necessarily have to do with trophies to find more entertainment. Maybe find some friends/good FC to join. 

I only really got bored after I finished all the content I wanted (Bozja completed, all duels completed, triple triad mount done, all jobs 90, Eureka completed + Ozma mount). 

If you just log on every day to do roulettes, then yeah you're gonna get bored lol. 

• Like 1

I am surprised there were no new trophies to 6.51 considering there is a new Variant Dungeon added in that patch. Maybe the Aloalo Island trophies will be added to the inevitable trophy list for 6.55? I really loved the BGM for it. (I haven't visited it but I saw someone streaming their Another Aloalo savage run, and that fairy with the pistol is probably the scariest boss ever. 😄)

3 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I am surprised there were no new trophies to 6.51 considering there is a new Variant Dungeon added in that patch. Maybe the Aloalo Island trophies will be added to the inevitable trophy list for 6.55? I really loved the BGM for it. (I haven't visited it but I saw someone streaming their Another Aloalo savage run, and that fairy with the pistol is probably the scariest boss ever. 😄)

...the trophies for 6.51 and 6.55 content were already in the 6.5 list...

3 consecutive solo PotD attemps with WAR, 3 consecutive disconnects at Floor 176, Floor 192, and Floor 198. 

I feel like I pissed off some god because what the hell is this...I get why DCs in deep dungeon count as KO and they boot you out, but it sucks so much to have 30+ hours of attempts flushed down the toilet because of something you cant control. I have direct internet connection to my PS5 now, there is literally nothing else I can do to prevent DCs. PotD isn't even hard (cause WAR's OP) but being met with DCs on the very last set of floors is so discouraging and draining. Floor 1-140 are a massive slog as it is. I am so glad they ditched the 200 floor bullshit for other deep dungeons because the longer a deep dungeon run goes on, the more I have to pray that I don't DC. 

Feel like switching over to MCH to make the climb back up faster but honestly, WAR is so good especially with using Resolution + Witching. DPS have to use Resolution at one to maybe 3 enemies max whereas WAR just gets to pull all 'easy' enemies, witching them and use Resolution. Really hate PotD and I can't wait to be done with this shit (if I ever have a run where I don't get fked over by a DC).

Edited by PostGameBlues

6 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

3 consecutive solo PotD attemps with WAR, 3 consecutive disconnects at Floor 176, Floor 192, and Floor 198. 

I feel like I pissed off some god because what the hell is this...I get why DCs in deep dungeon count as KO and they boot you out, but it sucks so much to have 30+ hours of attempts flushed down the toilet because of something you cant control. I have direct internet connection to my PS5 now, there is literally nothing else I can do to prevent DCs. PotD isn't even hard (cause WAR's OP) but being met with DCs on the very last set of floors is so discouraging and draining. Floor 1-140 are a massive slog as it is. I am so glad they ditched the 200 floor bullshit for other deep dungeons because the longer a deep dungeon run goes on, the more I have to pray that I don't DC. 

Feel like switching over to MCH to make the climb back up faster but honestly, WAR is so good especially with using Resolution + Witching. DPS have to use Resolution at one to maybe 3 enemies max whereas WAR just gets to pull all 'easy' enemies, witching them and use Resolution. Really hate PotD and I can't wait to be done with this shit (if I ever have a run where I don't get fked over by a DC).

I'm sorry you had disconnects and that voided your runs. This is one of the main reasons I hate Deep Dungeons and will never do them except for level grinding. Square-Enix needs find a way to make it so you aren't penalized on anything for bad Internet. 🤬

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Yeah, I get the idea of why they count it as a KO, but don't agree with it. It's one of those situations where they are trying to protect the integrity of an achievement at the cost of fun.

PotD is too long to lose a high-floor run to a DC. I get that if they allowed you to try the floor over from the start, you could basically just keep pulling out your ethernet cord to reset it if you are doing bad on the clock, or ended up burning too many pomanders due to bad debuffs.

Hope your next run is a success. The only good part is that on WAR, you can pretty much chill and watch YouTube while climbing the first 150 floors.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

PotD is too long to lose a high-floor run to a DC. I get that if they allowed you to try the floor over from the start, you could basically just keep pulling out your ethernet cord to reset it if you are doing bad on the clock, or ended up burning too many pomanders due to bad debuffs.

I'd only try Deep Dungeon if they removed the restriction where you void the run if you wipe but that is never going to happen because Square-Enix are harsh judges and know that us filthy Americans would just simple rage-quit over and over until RNG was in our favor. That's why they ban you from Duty Finder for a full half hour if you abandon a Roulette. 😛

8 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I'd only try Deep Dungeon if they removed the restriction where you void the run if you wipe but that is never going to happen because Square-Enix are harsh judges and know that us filthy Americans would just simple rage-quit over and over until RNG was in our favor. That's why they ban you from Duty Finder for a full half hour if you abandon a Roulette. 😛

Well, I dunno about that. Deep Dungeon is a rouge-like experience in FFXIV, and permadeath is just a staple of the rouge-like genre. Love it or hate it, that's just the genre itself.

I do think they could introduce a version where you can retry floors if your group wipes and maybe call the current iteration Savage, but honestly, I don't think that would ever happen.

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Yeah, I get the idea of why they count it as a KO, but don't agree with it. It's one of those situations where they are trying to protect the integrity of an achievement at the cost of fun.

Hope your next run is a success. The only good part is that on WAR, you can pretty much chill and watch YouTube while climbing the first 150 floors.

Yeah, it makes sense why they punish DCs but it just really sucks especially on PotD. I've been watching some random vlogs or listening to podcasts while climbing my way back to the higher floors. But once I'm on Floor 101-140 I start allocating enough attention to the game to not do something stupid lol. Hopefully I get this done in the next couple of attempts, I'm really fed up with the tediousness of PotD.

4 hours ago, lgnis-Fatuus- said:

Gonna start doing attempts with Warrior it sounds like. I've been to Behemoth 3 times now with MCH and wipe to enrage every time.

Not a WAR main by any account. Is there a good resource for the best damage rotations for WAR in PotD? I'm assuming I only need to know how to single target in PotD/DD.

The job is incredibly braindead at level 90, it is even more braindead at level 60. Maybe just watch Finh's guide to get the hotbar for behemoth's meteor rotation and you'll probably learn everything else along the way very easily.

On 11/16/2023 at 2:09 AM, PostGameBlues said:

Finally, I can breathe! PotD solo 200 complete!

*applauds* Congratulations! That's quite the achievement. ;)

I'm going to compile a list of all the trophies i can do and also finish up the trophies I need to do for the platinum. I still need to work on FATEs(haven't even broken 200 yet) and collectibles(ugh), but I got everything else down.

Edited by ProfSeajay7

On 10/3/2023 at 7:08 AM, Thomas2400 said:

So many people complaining about the grind for these trophies, it's a subscription based MMO, they'll keep adding trophies that take a long time because it'll probably keep people who care that much about having 100% on every game subbed for months maybe years and that makes them more money than a list that can be finished in a week 

I'll do what I'm doing with every other trophy, work towards it and if I get them before I take a break from the game then great, if not I can carry on when I return  

Well I'm ready to admit this was a bad take, I didn't think it would be this much of a grind 

Any tips on getting gear for the botanist so I can get my perception up to 4000 and get these last gathering log entries 

I can just about get over 3000 with food which is good for two of the entries unlocked by the Ilsabard folklore book 

I've pretty much bankrupted myself trying to rush it and buy gear on the marketplace 

Also do the other folklore books for sea of stars and world unsundered have entries I can gather without having a high perception level, there is one in the current set so I'm wondering if it would be quicker to just grind more collectibles and get the folklore or get money doing other stuff for better gear 

5 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

Well I'm ready to admit this was a bad take, I didn't think it would be this much of a grind 

Any tips on getting gear for the botanist so I can get my perception up to 4000 and get these last gathering log entries 

I can just about get over 3000 with food which is good for two of the entries unlocked by the Ilsabard folklore book 

I've pretty much bankrupted myself trying to rush it and buy gear on the marketplace 

Also do the other folklore books for sea of stars and world unsundered have entries I can gather without having a high perception level, there is one in the current set so I'm wondering if it would be quicker to just grind more collectibles and get the folklore or get money doing other stuff for better gear 

My recommendation is to get into crafting. Craft a set yourself and sell all of the excess mats you gather in the process. The gear you craft and meld now will get you through the 90-100 leveling process in DT. Keeping up with your crafters is pretty easy, and you would need the gear to finish the crafting relic anyway, so it's two birds with one stone.

5 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

My recommendation is to get into crafting. Craft a set yourself and sell all of the excess mats you gather in the process. The gear you craft and meld now will get you through the 90-100 leveling process in DT. Keeping up with your crafters is pretty easy, and you would need the gear to finish the crafting relic anyway, so it's two birds with one stone.

This is pretty much the quid pro quo for anything in FFXIV, do your best now and catch up so you will be ready for the next expansion before they announce it. :lol:

For me, that means ditching my current tanks and leveling up a new tank from scratch, the best one in the community's opinion, WARRIOR. It's the best tank because (a) You get it as one of the eight starting classes in Marauder, (b) it has tons of self-heals and mitigation that reduces damage better and (c) it just looks more bada$$. 🤬

Okay, I'm just parroting what 90% of the FFXIV thinks is the best tank but I found out that the two tanks I picked for story purposes were... not really fun to play. And I need a tank to be Level 85 so I can start doing the Endwalker Role Quests beore Thanksgiving. ;)

I also glammed Warrior in the Choir robe, so that she'll be ringing the Carol of the Bells into Blasphemies for Christmas. ^_^

Edited by ProfSeajay7

38 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

This is pretty much the quid pro quo for anything in FFXIV, do your best now and catch up so you will be ready for the next expansion before they announce it. :lol:

For me, that means ditching my current tanks and leveling up a new tank from scratch, the best one in the community's opinion, WARRIOR. It's the best tank because (a) You get it as one of the eight starting classes in Marauder, (b) it has tons of self-heals and mitigation that reduces damage better and (c) it just looks more bada$$. 🤬

Okay, I'm just parroting what 90% of the FFXIV thinks is the best tank but I found out that the two tanks I picked for story purposes were... not really fun to play. And I need a tank to be Level 85 so I can start doing the Endwalker Role Quests beore Thanksgiving. ;)

I also glammed Warrior in the Choir robe, so that she'll be ringing the Carol of the Bells into Blasphemies for Christmas. ^_^

Warrior is just the easiest tank to survive with in dungeons, but Dark Knight and Gubbreaker do more DPS (last time I checked anyway) so they are more for trials/raids. Either way, any of the four tanks work well enough at any level. But I'll tell you this for free, Warrior is the most boring to play. All 3 other tanks were more fun. 

i think the goal of square enix is you stay forever on the game , because they added things are long to finish / hard to finish . criterions... dungeons solo... the all mining / all botanist / the blu ectect... 

Oh my loved peacefull game is a story of my past... now you is average more limits.

• Like 2