The game you will never finish - 6.5 Edition

Brabantgamer777

40 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

Most collectibles in the leveling section do NOT count. It must be something that is UNIQUE to Miner/Botanist. Basically all of the Custom Delivery items don't count

Oh, I didn't even realize that while collecting them, thanks for the correction :D

...why the hell did I collect every one of them then?...

Just got the fishing trophy, finally I'm done and can play Spider Man 2 when it comes out lol.

A large portion of stuff I haven't caught yet are from ocean fishing spectral currents, as well as some big fish that spawn once every few days or almost two weeks. I've managed to catch quite a number of legendary big fishes and 2 ocean fabled fishes by pure luck so I was able to get the trophy much sooner. I also did the Shb and EW relics for fisher while waiting in-between ocean fishing trips or big fish spawn windows in order to help fill out the fishing log since there are some fishes locked behind those.

I'm still gonna aim to complete the fishing log as much as I can before 7.0 because it's inevitable they'll add an updated version of this trophy around 7.5. I'd rather be up-to-date so there's more breathing room later on. Good luck to everyone currently fishing! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Just got the fishing trophy, finally I'm done and can play Spider Man 2 when it comes out lol.

A large portion of stuff I haven't caught yet are from ocean fishing spectral currents, as well as some big fish that spawn once every few days or almost two weeks. I've managed to catch quite a number of legendary big fishes and 2 ocean fabled fishes by pure luck so I was able to get the trophy much sooner. I also did the Shb and EW relics for fisher while waiting in-between ocean fishing trips or big fish spawn windows in order to help fill out the fishing log since there are some fishes locked behind those.

I'm still gonna aim to complete the fishing log as much as I can before 7.0 because it's inevitable they'll add an updated version of this trophy around 7.5. I'd rather be up-to-date so there's more breathing room later on. Good luck to everyone currently fishing! 

See, PGB brute forced fishing, it's not that bad

47 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

See, PGB brute forced fishing, it's not that bad

I pretty much just fished for like almost two weeks lol. I still got my weeklies done but outside of that, it's just been fishing. I cleared the new EX then never touched it again lmao.

It took a while since I started around 320 ish out of the 1460 requirement. Back then it really seemed overwhelming, and it still is to anyone in a similar spot as I was. But once I started to focus on fishes per expansion, making exceptions to rare big fishes (which I always prioritized), it felt more manageable to tackle. Felt good as well when I was able to move on from one expansion to the next.

Also learning to manage expectations when showing up to big fish windows has helped a ton in preventing mental burnout. I think what you get out of fishing is ultimately dependent on what you put into it. Sure, there were times RNG felt very unfair but I actually ended up somewhat liking fisher now because of this whole trophy. There's something satisfying with seeing your fishing log slowly get filled out. That sound effect when you catch a rare big fish is also music to my ears lol. 

5 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

I pretty much just fished for like almost two weeks lol. I still got my weeklies done but outside of that, it's just been fishing. I cleared the new EX then never touched it again lmao.

It took a while since I started around 320 ish out of the 1460 requirement. Back then it really seemed overwhelming, and it still is to anyone in a similar spot as I was. But once I started to focus on fishes per expansion, making exceptions to rare big fishes (which I always prioritized), it felt more manageable to tackle. Felt good as well when I was able to move on from one expansion to the next.

Also learning to manage expectations when showing up to big fish windows has helped a ton in preventing mental burnout. I think what you get out of fishing is ultimately dependent on what you put into it. Sure, there were times RNG felt very unfair but I actually ended up somewhat liking fisher now because of this whole trophy. There's something satisfying with seeing your fishing log slowly get filled out. That sound effect when you catch a rare big fish is also music to my ears lol. 

Grats. I've been taking the same approach and have just focused on ARR so far. I'm not in a huge rush for it. I catch a few a day and work on other things. Focusing on a smaller fish pool makes it seem more manageable to me. I'll probably focus on it for real after I do potD and have no new games coming out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shino1337 said:

Is there a Guide for a Fishing newbie? Or what ist the preferred way to start working on the Fishing trophy without wasting too mich time. 

What I have read in this thread ist that some Fishes are time gated so it is probably better to start working on those. 

https://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com/ for the timegated fish

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 8:52 AM, PostGameBlues said:

Massive kudos, dude. I'm just going through the ARR big fishes and timed fishes as we speak, and I've managed to shrink down that list on plushy to a point where there's no longer (ARR) fish available at all times. Still got a long way to go, but I've made a dent!

• Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 10:20 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

The reason for this is that... wait, do they not release the trophy list for new patches until after the patch drops? <_<

Anyways, to answer your question, VER7UZ, the Playstation 4 version trophy list was just slapdashed because this was the first MMO that got a platinum trophy, and the PS4 trophy lists are very restrictive - you can only have trophy points up to 1,230, and removing the 180 from the platinum, you only have a leeway of 1050, which means no more than 11 gold trophies worth of points. Any game with a PS4 version will have no more than 35 trophies on the list.

Patently false. Free Realms and DCUO, both MMOs, had plats before ARR even launched. The PS4 version of DCUO also had the entirety of the PS3's trophy list wich exceeded 120 trophies and that's not the only game to handily exceed thirty-five. 

6 hours ago, Hunky_no_Jutsu said:

Patently false. Free Realms and DCUO, both MMOs, had plats before ARR even launched. The PS4 version of DCUO also had the entirety of the PS3's trophy list wich exceeded 120 trophies and that's not the only game to handily exceed thirty-five. 

Sorry. I didn't know about those PS3 MMOs, I just went off of memory. I didn't realize there were MMOs on the Playstation before 1.0. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hunky_no_Jutsu said:

This reminds me, Monster Hunter Frontier G/Z (PS3 MMO) servers were shut down in 2019, but the trophies are still obtainable through private (illegal/no subscription) servers. How does this site treats these 'gray zone' trophies?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/final-fantasy-xiv-will-get-harder-achievements-if-the-player-who-already-earned-all-2700-of-them-asks-for-it#:~:text=Needless to say%2C it's not,looking for

what do you think about this Article? I have a Bad feeling that in the Future Yoshida will be Motivated That a lot of us Should try it too and will put more and more Hard trophies From now on because he thinks everyone Likes it. It seems He loves hard achievments. 

Edited by VER7UZ-

2 hours ago, VER7UZ- said:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/final-fantasy-xiv-will-get-harder-achievements-if-the-player-who-already-earned-all-2700-of-them-asks-for-it#:~:text=Needless to say%2C it's not,looking for

what do you think about this Article? I have a Bad feeling that in the Future Yoshida will be Motivated That a lot of us Should try it too and will put more and more Hard trophies From now on because he thinks everyone Likes it. It seems He loves hard achievments. 

Dawntrail list has 5 golds, one for each Ultimate. MAKE IT SO YOSHIDA

28 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

Dawntrail list has 5 golds, one for each Ultimate. MAKE IT SO YOSHIDA

And at the end you will Not do it because you „Lazy“ and have other Priorities we know. 

Edited by VER7UZ-
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VER7UZ- said:

And at the end you will Not do it because you „Lazy“ and have other Priorities we know. 

Oh noes, what will I do if I don't do everything?

Although I'd love to have an excuse to redo TEA, and finally finish the others beyond my RDM rapier collection 

Edited by FireMage777

Just to know, for the people who did the miner trophy, did you have to get the "sublime" collectables or can the trophy be done without them ?

From what I saw online, there is quite a bit of RNG in that process, as you only have 5% base drop rate with a condition of having 1000 collectability first.

2 hours ago, lbadplaay said:

Just to know, for the people who did the miner trophy, did you have to get the "sublime" collectables or can the trophy be done without them ?

From what I saw online, there is quite a bit of RNG in that process, as you only have 5% base drop rate with a condition of having 1000 collectability first.

There's 262 items that count and you need 260. You will need some of them

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Recently gone back to this game since endwalker. Wtf happened? There's like a third of the players compared to before endwalker

The commitment for this game is too important, as it's guaranteed that they will add trophies for each patch they release for this game. And the requirements for these trophies only seem to be harder and harder, with trophies that require doing old content not related to the newest patch only. We could even see trophies related to new or past ultimate fights in the next expansion...

On 10/25/2023 at 9:52 AM, VER7UZ- said:

You know what? Let him.  Once I get the platinum, I'll just play off and on and not worry about getting 100% completion in the PS5 version. There is no way I can do any of the Deep Dungeons solo - I completely flubbed a fully voice-chat discorded 20-100 Heaven on High run as we wiped at Floor 91 due to my stupidity. And definitely no way in the 7 Hells am I doing any Criterion Dungeon Savage! I only have 30 years or so left in my life, I don't want to end up cutting that to 15 years by having heart attacks because I keep failing a Deep Dungeon solo run. Kudos to the guy who got all the achievements and kudos double because he plays my favorite rare, Lalafell. 😛

On 10/30/2023 at 1:50 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

And the Palace of the Dead has been conquered. Took me two attempts on War. Now I need to fish, but I'll probably take a break after this Criterion and come back for 6.55 to wrap up my 100%. I definitely felt this and HoH were easier than EO, but maybe that is just cause that was my first time trying to solo a deep dungeon.

Wow is PotD really that easy on WAR? I'm still undecided between MCH and WAR. I was going to go RDM but I feel like if you're going to be a DPS you might as well be MCH. The amount of times you will have to Vercure on RDM while kiting enemies means that your already lower damage compared to MCH is going to be even lower because of all those GCDs spent on Vercure. I also imagine that MCH will easily clear 180 enrage dps check if you stock up on heat gauge and battery. On the other hand, Warrior is always great for survivability but time is the main issue. I dropped WAR for HoH on my first reclear attempt for this very reason.

Also farming for potsherds sucks lol. Getting to floor 100 just to farm potsherds is so time-consuming.

Edited by PostGameBlues