The game you will never finish - 6.5 Edition

Brabantgamer777

7 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

Testing it as a company  and do it as a player solo ist much different.

One and the same. Also they added the achievement AFTER players were already doing 1-200 solo

7 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

Isnt there a way to give the developers a feedback to change this? I dont think they´re reading somthing on this site.

Not all feedback should be considered. This is such a case. Hydaelyn forbid they don't hand some trophies to players

7 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

Not all feedback should be considered. This is such a case. Hydaelyn forbid they don't hand some trophies to players

This is just your opionion. It doesnt stand for others. No one wanted the fisher trophy except you. So following your logic the trophy should not be in the patch cause no one wanted it except one person. But they did it and so people can give feedback to things you dont care about. it going offtopic here we can discuss at via DM if we want. 

Edited by VER7UZ-

2 minutes ago, VER7UZ- said:

This is just your opionion. It doesnt stand for others. No one wanted the fisher trophy except you. So they should not have put it in your logic because no one wanted it. But they did it and so people can give feedback to things your dont care about. it going offtopic here we can discuss at via DM if we want. 

Who cares who wanted what? It's not your game, it belongs to SE. They wanted to put these trophies in, so they are in. Simple as that. Do them or don't, but whining isn't going to make them go away

5 minutes ago, Thaerick said:

Guess I gotta redo the solo DDs now. Oof. 

I love the fact these are added. But it should be retroactive… 

we can just do what every other ffxiv player does when the devs do something they don't like and complain until they change it for us. 

it's sort of bizarre because it's not even 6.5 content and they acknowledge the difficulty by making the trophies gold, and have fishing mining and botany achievements that can be unlocked from opening the achievement log right next to them if you already meet the conditions.

• Like 2

Can't wait for win 5,000 games of Rival Wings pvp to be a trophy next year....please provide the name of whoever was responsible for this specific trophy list.....we must stop them before it's too late 😆.

Edited by Asmund
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Asmund said:

Can't wait for win 5,000 games of Rival Wings pvp to be a trophy next year....please provide the name of whoever was responsible for this specific trophy list.....we must stop them before it's too late 😆.

Like i said before, isnt there a possibility to get in contact with them? 

10 hours ago, VER7UZ- said:

Yeah There is a guy Right know who finished every achievemt in this game. Very Impressive. 

and yes it is an mmo but for me its Not an Argument to put out such trophies. People playing it for decades Even without trophies. They Should motivate Them with trophies Not Push Them away in a Game like this.  I started 14 because the trophies were very friendly Designed and of course i wanted to Play the Game. 

Yeah, saw him on IGN, It's a japanese guy... and become the first to unlock all 2,751 achievements...well, not anymore with this new patch, but still..

If SE wanted to frustrate us, they succeeded

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spiddel said:

it's cruel to not let me earn the solo palace and solo hoh trophies by opening up the achievement on the achievement log because I have already done them, I don't really feel like doing them again for just a trophy.

Yeah I got my Necromancer like a few months ago so thats cruel to have to do them again since they don't autopop.

49 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

You're a troll dude. You STILL don't have All By Eurekaself after all your big talk so don't start spouting more nonsense like "this is glorious". 

It's called priorities. I stopped caring as much when I knew zekunlu missed a day of Loporrits so the 6.3 race was guaranteed to not go to them, and I had other games to hit and more important things in XIV to do; you know, like fish which I had all of as of 6.4

• Haha 1

I have The Necromancer and two other solo titles, but I've earned them on PC. I don't want to redo them because it's very time consuming. Makes no sense why they will not autopop on PS5, it's a simple in-game achievement check like they already do for some other trophies. And it's a fairly standard practice for cross-save games like Genshin Impact. Certainly a reason to bring this issue to the developers.

Edited by CoolXIV
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CoolXIV said:

I have The Necromancer and two other solo titles, but I've earned them on PC. I don't want to redo them because it's very time consuming. Makes no sense why they will not autopop on PS5, it's a simple in-game achievement check like they already do for some other trophies. And it's a fairly standard practice for cross-save games like Genshin Impact. Certainly a reason to bring this issue to the developers.

I would love that, I would have 100% easily, shortly after each patch release as I tend to clear on pc then only come back to ps5 for trophies because I made the mistake of playing on ps5 prior to pc (FF14 without gshade is just a ps3 game on a ps5 imo). It would be amazing to simply look at my chievos in game and watch all the instanced trophies pop one after the next instead of recapping on console.

Edited by Asmund

I bet whoever was in-charge of updating the trophy list towards the in-game achievements was told to use up the trophy points they had remaining for Endwalker. This likely explains digging around for older achievements to staple on for the "final" major patch. I've said it in the beginning, nothing will be hands-off! 

With their first PS5 expansion of trophy points under their belt, want to bet they will be better prepared to use up more each patch in 7.0? PvP, new ultimates, new exploratory bozja-like content, staple-in all possible new stuff, and whatever they want to throw to keep you subscribed. Of course the hidden motive to stapling new trophies, ensure you are paying upwards $180+/year to keep up. 

Okay, I saw the new trophy list and I am so glad I am going to only be playing FFXIV on this account on the PS4 forever or until they announced that the game will be dropped from the PS4 so you can only play it on the PS5. I am going to do 1000 levequests and 100 guildhests and enjoy it.

I am so disappointed by Square-Enix. They saw AngelusDemon getting his Necromancer title and decided "Hey every can get the Necromancer title, let's make it a trophy!"

After I joined a 20-100 run of Heaven-on-High (and had to enter voice chat) and we wiped on Floor 91(because I kept spamming pomanders), I decided "No more Deep Dungeons for me." If I can't do a 20-100 run of Heaven on High with Discord voices screaming at me, there is no (censored) way I am doing Deep Dungeon solo runs. I'm already having chest pains and I do not want to drop dead from a heart attack and have my PS5 sold at an estate sale just because I died and got a Duty Failed on Floor 199 of the Palace of the Freaking Dead.

I am going to be 51 this December. If this is what it takes to get 100% of the trophies in FFXIV's better version, then I will rather have my birthday present be an all-expenses-paid trip to Las Vegas and a reservation for a week-long tryst with (seriously censored as it involves having sex with an expensive hooker).  😠

Two things I came away with:

(1) No cow is sacred to Square-Enix's trophy squad. If they want us to 100% the game by having Necromancer in our names, they'll f'ing do it. Pal-Less Palace should not be in 6.5, it should have been in Heavensward. :(

(2) MMO DLC trophies are all meant to force us to stay logged in forever and will do everything in their power to do so.

Also, once I get Eden's Eternity Savage and the last two YorHa raids done and 100% Shadowbringers DLC, that will be my last completion. FFXIV on my old account will forever be at 76% because even if I did everything else, I will never be able to do the following in my entire life:

1. Raid the Excitatron. (I did a Treasure Map Hunt with Zonureskin maps. We got to the final invocation twice and ended up eaten by the sweeper. [Funny enough, the last two portals had the Sweeper get killed by a summon the first time.) Treasure Maps are not my jam because they are impossible to solo and chances are RNG will sh** on my face.
  2. Get 344 Triple Triad cards. (I only did Triple Triad in FFVIII and only because I needed those cards to transform them into power up items and do the CC quest for a trophy. I am not interested in Triple Triad though I do open the cards I get from boss drops.)
  3. Participate in Criterion Dungeons. (I will do all 12 paths of the Variant Dungeons as it's casual content and you goof around in that and even swap your jobs in dungeon and get some nice rewards. Don't even get me started on Criterion Savage. If I can't be raised and everything enrages to one-shot and wipe us and kick us out the dungeon for a wipe, I am not doing it. 💥)
  4. Any Deep Dungeon.
  5. Completing World Boss FATEs.
  6. Obtaining the Splenderous Tools. I am not doing Crafting Savage. 🥺

Needless to say, I am going to never play the PS5 version of FFXIV on my current account. I will continue to play Free Trial to 100% and then maybe get a sub to do the rest of the expansions' MSQ, but after that, we're done and this account will go back to Shantae and the Seven Sirens while I play FFXIV on my previous account for fun casual content and Nemona's Adventures with the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. 😛

If Dawntrail requires us to do something even more BS than Palace of the Dead 1-200 solo, then I will start my own mystery murder series with his likeness being the murder victim. 😠

That said, I am speaking as a completionist who wishes this whole thing was not true. As a normal player, I am not going to worry about it. I failed to get 100% Stormblood DLC when the level cap was 80 because Alphascape V4.0 Savage was a zillion TPK wipes. Now I got 100% Stormblood DLC and will soon get 100% Shadowbringers DLC...

I just wish they realized how many people they are alienating by adding in retroactive trophies like this. At least they could have put the Pal-Less Palace and Heaven is a Lonely Place trophies in with the Eurekall by Yourself one instead of springing it like this.

I'm not trying to piss off people who love to do Palace of the Dead solo. In fact, I might torture my Free Trial character with getting 1-50 Palace of the Dead solo(since it's hard to get queues for that content nowadays). However, I'm speaking for the casual player who is upset that 100% FFXIV is no longer possible.

Also, thanks for the spoiler dialogue for the Margrat quests MakoSoldier, I think Margrat's rant summarizes what we're all feeling right now. 😜

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Casuals have never been able to get 100% on the PS5 list, ever. It's a good thing we're getting diversified trophies and actually have trophies worth their value. The only real valid complaint is that if you had already done it, there's not much in the way of auto pop for PotD or HoH. Now they just need to put in Ultimate trophies

• Like 1

Always hated Deep Dungeon content in general.

Losing several hours of mind numbingly boring progress every time you die on the upper floors just kills my motivation.

Other trophies are fine. I was planning on doing all that stuff eventually anyway. Wouldn't mind Ultimates too.

Though I do dread them eventually adding trophies for completing all the crafting logs.

Edited by SilverArrow20XX