Trophy Guides?

No idea if this was suggested or said before could you (sly) make a page that takes the top rated comment for each trophy in a game and combines them to make a complete trophy guide? Not only would this make it easy if somebody wants to bookmark a guide, but I'm sure that most people search for a trophy guide to help them with a trophy rather than searching for the specific trophy tips meaning that it could bring more traffic to the site from google searches

No idea if this was suggested or said before could you (sly) make a page that takes the top rated comment for each trophy in a game and combines them to make a complete trophy guide? Not only would this make it easy if somebody wants to bookmark a guide, but I'm sure that most people search for a trophy guide to help them with a trophy rather than searching for the specific trophy tips meaning that it could bring more traffic to the site from google searches

Already said this: https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/15-trophy-guides/page__view__findpost__p__1600

Oh lol I didn't read the whole 4 pages of the thread, and I saw all this trophy guide discussion on the first page so I thought I'd voice my thoughts. :P But damn, this seems like a lot better of an idea than trophy guides. Very cool concept, and I think it will work better than trophy guides, as anyone has the chance to voice their opinion, so people don't feel left out. Not to mention, the fact that the post with the most likes is the one used is genius! Love the idea. :D

Just expanding on this, should tips only be able to be "Liked" by users that have earned the trophy?

definitely, otherwised wed have people voting for it based on who gave it over validity, or just to be an idiot

Sorry if this is mentioned above, but is there a dislike feature to? because i think that would be abused by people that didnt like other users, amoung other reasons, the same reason why there isnt a dislike feature on facbook.

Sorry if this is mentioned above, but is there a dislike feature to? because i think that would be abused by people that didnt like other users, amoung other reasons, the same reason why there isnt a dislike feature on facbook.

I've already stated that I hope this site has no "negative" option, and only has positive options, since these are always abused. Judging by Sly's last posts, I think he's taken this on board.

There's nothing more irritating than putting out a great tip/guide to a Trophy and seeing people "Dislike/Thumb Down" it because they're a friend of someone else, or they didn't do it right and blame the tip instead of themselves.

There isn't a need for it, when naturally the ones with highest positives will go to the top and those with little or none will be at the bottom, I also completely agree with Sly that only those who have unlocked the Trophy should be able to "Like" the tip, again it means far more accurate tips.

There's one other question though... do we allow multiple tips be liked per Trophy? I can see arguments for and against this:

No = Obvious answer, no, only one tip can be liked, helps ensure there is a clear "best tip".

Yes = You don't always get all information in one tip, actually it was thanks to 2 or 3 together with valuable information that assisted you getting the trophy.

Perhaps multiple selections with a limit, 3? Or maybe a "Multi-Like" option (looking at the Multi-Quote button on here), you select all the tips that were useful to you, and it spreads the like out over them, so if you choose 2, they each get 0.5 of a like, if you chose 3, they get 0.3 of a like. Likes are then either rounded up or down to the nearest whole number.

Maybe I'm overthinking this just a little, lol.

I've decided to go with "Works", "Doesn't work" buttons, the tip will show the percentage of success. The two best tips are shown initially and you can load more. You'll be able to report tips and we'll be able to remove a users ability to vote on a tip is it's abused.

I've decided to go with "Works", "Doesn't work" buttons, the tip will show the percentage of success. The two best tips are shown initially and you can load more. You'll be able to report tips and we'll be able to remove a users ability to vote on a tip is it's abused.

Sounds good :D

And how will we know if they abused it or not? Will we be able to see who said what?

And how will we know if they abused it or not? Will we be able to see who said what?

I think a good idea to stop people from abusing the "Works" and the "Doesn't Work" buttons would be to able to identify who clicked which button. From there, you could check to see if they actually have that trophy, etc.

I think a good idea to stop people from abusing the "Works" and the "Doesn't Work" buttons would be to able to identify who clicked which button. From there, you could check to see if they actually have that trophy, etc.

You can only click it if you have the trophy anyway.

that sounds good :D this new feature will be very helpful IMO.

I just want to put in my two cents...

I think this is absolutely brilliant, Sly. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'll be lazy and quote you to express my thoughts on it. This sounds perfect, your everyday casual user can offer their two cents on the best ways to get specific trophies without having to write an extensive guide on it. Can't wait to see it in action and I'll definitely be doing my part to contribute with the tips and hints. ;)

Not sure, I was going to do a system where people could post tips on trophies they've earned and other users could thumbs up/down to make sure the best ones go to the top.

thats a really good idea...that why people aren't like left out if they want to help and you get a bunch of tips of one trophy from different people :D