How do you find this game? How is the trophy list / platinum?

Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about this game, so I’m kind of surprised it’s the #3 most played game right now with 2,500 people playing it.

Is it not as bad as I’ve heard? Wondering if I should give it a chance or not. I have always liked the gta games, but to this day have never played a saints row.

Ive also heard the platinum is unobtainable, and a lot of buggy trophies etc. maybe this is no longer the case?

Curious to see the thoughts and opinions of people who have played, or are currently playing this.

I found it to be enjoyable. I definitely would have been disappointed if I purchased it rather than it coming free with the monthly subscription. The quality is definitely below GTA quality.

It is by no means amazing, but I found it entertaining enough. The game is not great, but it is just ok.

I didn't encounter many glitches, just some baffling design choices. The humor is very cringey, but I felt the same way about the previous entries.

Platinum takes quite a while. Very tedious and repetitive. By the end you just want it to be done.

If you want the 100%, the season pass is currently 12$. Very underwhelming for the full price.

Edited by Gonzo7166
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about this game, so I’m kind of surprised it’s the #3 most played game right now with 2,500 people playing it.

Is it not as bad as I’ve heard? Wondering if I should give it a chance or not. I have always liked the gta games, but to this day have never played a saints row.

Ive also heard the platinum is unobtainable, and a lot of buggy trophies etc. maybe this is no longer the case?

Curious to see the thoughts and opinions of people who have played, or are currently playing this.

It's a fun game I really enjoy it and more fun if you can see it as its own thing and not compare it to the old games 

It's hilarious

Wingsuit and flight is awesome

Character models look human and not some barbie doll on crack like some of the past games and I feel a step up from what rockstar has put out like GTA

The jokes are hit and miss

• Like 1

The platinum is very obtainable — I got it from start to finish this past week.

It’s a fun game, but you should go into it with the expectations that you get from the review scores. It’s not as funny or zany as SR3 or 4, the graphics look flat-out bad at times, it’s really buggy, and in general it just feels really dated. But somehow it’s still fun, so meh.

• Like 1

45 hours to platinum. Tries so hard to be silly and over-the-top that it more or less works against it (kinda fun but still dumb). Horribly repetitious, too, but then again, there haven't been a Grand Theft Auto -ish game in ages, so it was still decently entertaining to get back to some open world crime shenanigans. I probably would've picked it up from a bargain bin at some point but since it ended up on PlayStation Plus, no need for that. Won't be touching any of the DLC, though - the main game was quite enough.

• Like 1

Hey,

I finished it in September 2023.

Fully funcional and fun game.

Sadly, Volition has been shut down with the poor reception of it. A 6 or 7/10 game just doesn't make back its production costs these days. 

It's way more chaotic and crazy than the trailers had us believe but I think Volition needed to go further with the game. 

Perhaps incorporating they're signature destruction physics from Red Faction Guerrilla would've made this game stand out from the pack. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Hey,

I finished it in September 2023.

Fully funcional and fun game.

Sadly, Volition has been shut down with the poor reception of it. A 6 or 7/10 game just doesn't make back its production costs these days. 

It's way more chaotic and crazy than the trailers had us believe but I think Volition needed to go further with the game. 

Perhaps incorporating they're signature destruction physics from Red Faction Guerrilla would've made this game stand out from the pack. 

hey look at this guy mr know it all hahah whats up bro, hows the platinum is there anything to hard that will make  you want to skip it?, and does the dlc help it. im thinking of buying the dlc and starting it because im out of things to play

• Like 2

11 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

hey look at this guy mr know it all hahah whats up bro, hows the platinum is there anything to hard that will make  you want to skip it?, and does the dlc help it. im thinking of buying the dlc and starting it because im out of things to play

Hey bro!

It's straight forward open world game but not as massive as a Fallout or GTA and no missable or broken trophies.

It can get fun and chaotic like Just Cause. 

I didn't get the season pass but I have the first 2/3 DLCs  

The second one, Heist and whatever...can be done in around half an hour and will give you a combat chopper, which helps with cleaning up. 

You do get a VTOL and can find random combat choppers without DLC, though. 

Easy, a bit grindy, mindless fun. Thumbs up. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 2

I just started the game. 15 minutes later my game crashed and my save file got corrupted. Had to restart from the beginning.

Great start.

And yeah something is wrong with the controls. A post on Reddit suggested the following:

Left deadzone 3

Right deadzone 3

Sensitivity 55 for x and y

Aim sensitivity 42 for x and y

@veryrareoriginal

Edited by XXIIlII

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 8:20 AM, XXIIlII said:

I just started the game. 15 minutes later my game crashed and my save file got corrupted. Had to restart from the beginning.

Great start.

And yeah something is wrong with the controls. A post on Reddit suggested the following:

Left deadzone 3

Right deadzone 3

Sensitivity 55 for x and y

Aim sensitivity 42 for x and y

@veryrareoriginal

Just a heads up: I wouldn't advise touching the deadzone as it basically breaks the map zoom.

A shame because it does make the shooting much better (I personally made a slight adjustment and put the aim sensitivity on 55 as well).

Overall, apart from the jank shooting which can take some getting used to, the game is really enjoyable.  Main missions are as inventive and as over-the-top as ever and the side missions are mindless fun. Perhaps nostalgia for the old games is causing some folks to remember them differently. All the complaints about a so-called identity crisis pre-launch and yet it plays exactly like Saints Row 3 (with a bit of Watch Dogs 2 thrown in there). Only difference is that it's 2023 and open world games have advanced since then so it seems extremely dated now by comparison. 

I did have to do some controller remapping as I was not clicking with the default layout. It's also annoying that you have to press the touchpad to come out of the map (as opposed to circle which just makes you pull out your phone). This isn't the disaster I was led to believe though, at least, so far. I'm still early in but if it continues like this then this is just another case for waiting a year after a game is released to play the best version of it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Fun game. I had no major technical difficulties.

At first while playing I felt like I've seen it all in other games and it felt better but after some time I really started to like the characters and now I enjoy just driving around the map doing random activities.

I never played any saints game before and I was pleasantly surprised that you can create your own boss and that there are so many style options. Judging by trailer I thought that you have to play as this black girl with short hair (not really my cup of tea to play game about gangsters as a woman...).

• 6 months later...
Posted (edited)

I am probably too old to enjoy something this childish and pointless.  Too much needless cussing, shooting basically everyone all the time.  As a turn into a grumpy old "get off my lawn" man i think games like this have no valuable purpose.  You dont learn anything real, there is no skill involved, its just a time eating grind, and has nothing but unrealistic mind poisoning content.  its a 1/10 and i wish i never started it.

Just Cause did it all better with far less nonsense, and had at least some challenge.

The DLC is now on sale for 65% off, but they arent going to get my $7.  Id rather have incomplete than give them my $.

Edited by audiopile