Trophies to Fight Cancer 2023 (No more submissions)

Hey guys,

I don't think I will be able to complete more games before the deadline so my current count should be 3 Pink games and 3 Orange games.

So the total number of games is 6 and I wish I could've completed more games but I don't have that much time lately...

There are some people who want to donate a amount for their completed games and I would like to do that as well :)

@Beyondthegrave07 Can you please tell me what I need to do for that?

Thanks in advance 👍

I still think it's a great community event and I'm glad that I could participate

Edited by TidusSerger
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, TidusSerger said:

Hey guys,

I don't think I will be able to completed more games before the deadline so my current count should be 3 Pink games and 3 Orange games.

So the total number of games is 6 and I wish I could've completed more games but I don't have that much time lately...

There are some people who want to donate a amount for their completed games and I would like to do that as well :)

@Beyondthegrave07 Can you please tell me what I need to do for that?

Thanks in advance 👍

I still think it's a great community event and I'm glad that I could participate

There's really a few options you can donate to... all worthy causes fighting the good fight and really no bad answers.

The Jimmy V foundation is a good one. Originally found by ESPN years ago in honor of Jimmy Valvano who was a former college coach and ESPN announcer. 

The American Cancer Society is also a very reputable organization that has been helping with research and those battling Cancer for years.

St. Jude is also a great place to donate to who specializes in helping children with cancer and donations make it so that no parent is ever charged for their child's treatment. 

What I'm saying is that there is no wrong places to donate. I donate to a specific team I am on in the American Cancer Society as part of Relay for Life, and as much as I would love to share the link and have a bunch of people donate to my team directly, I have received too many death threats or weird cryptic messages from (former) members of PSNP who have no business knowing what my name is and where I roughly live. Better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 4

Finally finished my 3rd ORANGE game:

La4c9ca.png

And I think that will be me for this event.  I *could* squeeze in one more orange game but I really need to get caught up on art commissions, so I will leave it at 6 completed games.  As with previous events, I will donate £5 for each game that I have completed, and then double that amount.  And I've already set aside a handful of games for next year's event, assuming it happens again. 😂

Keep up the great work, folks!  We're all helping to make a difference.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, JungleCat20 said:

@Beyondthegrave07, @Starrk_01, I just noticed that I’m listed on the spreadsheet as having 11 games done but it should be 10. Five for each color. I’m gonna try to get one more for each color to have a dozen before the month ends. Happy Thanksgiving! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving, this is now updated.

• Like 1

About last night:

L995a81.png

PS4 EU: 70,60% - Team Pink

This game has been in my backlog for a while and is a mildly challenging points shooter. Even though some people found a way to get the Platinum Trophy within 10 minutes, the first boss gave me much trouble. So I decided to level up towards lvl 23. Leveling up worked fast through the challenge mode (needs to be unlocked first). This unlocks Boss Rush Mode. Beating 1 boss gave me the last Trophy before the Platinum Trophy. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Moose Knuckler said:

ORANGE for Jet Moto. Looks orange under the bottom of the vehicle.

spacer.png

Yeah, I didn't think about it, but you're right. The underbelly of the vehicle is orange so I guess I too have a game to submit. Just know this will be approved on December 5th to make sure it doesn't surpass 80% (which it's easy enough where it technically could).

So here's my orange submission:

L2aef12.png

Really short platinum, but it was pretty enjoyable. If you play on the right tracks and don't place worse than 10th on any tracks on Full Season mode, it's pretty easy too.

I wouldn't be surprised if this shoots up to 60% or 70% at some point.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Moose Knuckler said:

ORANGE for Jet Moto. Looks orange under the bottom of the vehicle.

spacer.png

Just FYI this is in Awaiting Judgment for the 2 week rule so we don't forget about it (along with @Beyondthegrave07's). @pelagia14 just FYI for you on the treatment of those sort of submissions as maybe more will come.

3 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Finished Xeno Crisis! If the bottom part of the letters count as pink, this is my second game.

L3a6d1b.png

Sorry it looks red to me.

Finally (and this always seems to happen when I'm responding back to others) my 9TH ORANGE GAME and 14th overall...

Lbd8fe5.png

Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of Sh1ft3r (72.53%)

• Like 3

I finished what will likely be my last game for the event... go orange

The Wild At Heart 

L2cb874.png

(37.46%) Uncommon 

I was originally intrigued by this game after I heard it played similar to the Pikman games. I've always wanted to try the Pikman games, but not really interested enough to pay 50-$60 for them on the Switch if you know what I mean.... so here's my PSN substitute to fulfill that itch.

Overall, the game was pretty enjoyable. I found myself lost a bit too much though because the game really didn't give you much direction and sometimes got a bit frustrated because it was normally something really stupid and simplistic stopping me... which was not seeing that I can drop down in particular spots. Though, this is more fault on my own for just not consulting my map, probably.

The one thing that was really annoying though was the dumbfuckery of the little plips that follow you. I legit had times where they would not come back to me and get abandoned and times where they LITERALLY ran into waste and killed themselves as I was switching back and forth to solve puzzles. It was like times I wanted them to stay still they would follow me and times I wanted them to follow me after fighting an enemy they'd get lost in a corner and wouldn't realize it until dark. 

Anyways, I would recommend giving it a try on Extra despite the silliness of the AI sometimes. The story is pretty good and I enjoyed the light-hearted slapstick comedy.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 4

A bit of a catch up on my end before I forget but here goes. 

I know Super Toy Cars 2 & Potion Party have been approved as eligible games, so adding those. 

Super Toy Cars 2 - Pink

Lafd4f2.png

Potion Party (shoutout to @LilIelaps for doing this game with me) - Pink or orange 

Le89deb.png

I'll probably say add both as pink cos orange games are definitely more common.

I haven't enquired about this game, Super Toy Cars Offroad but since I've done that one too, I thought I'd mention it anyway. 

L6c08f9.png

• Like 4