Trophies to Fight Cancer 2023 (No more submissions)

It's great to see this running again. I was hoping for it and have set aside some orange games! 

If anyone would like some colour suggestions, I recommend:

Inscryption for a dark pink: 

La74f05.png

Super Time Force Ultra for a light orange:

L1ab094.png

Or The Sexy Brutale (definitely the easiest of the three) for either pink or orange:

L004390.png

• Like 3

I'll join NO MATTER WHAT because it's always important to donate and raise awareness to really important topics. We are lost in the mundane of the political discussions (or game discussions) instead of what really matters.

I'll also donate 5$ for my games once the event ends, whether if I complete them or not. I hope many people can help too if they are able to do it.

Thanks once again Grave for hosting the event despite your responsabilites as a mod. The banner looks actually nice that way lol.

• Like 3

Definitely will be joining in, hunting trophies for a good cause - what's not to love? I happen to have a few games lined up already that I think will count but will wait for the final details to see if they're up to standard!

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

Jokes aside, I have tritanopia, and judging between what is pink and what is orange is literally impossible for me lol (with just the color, not when they are explicitly named somehow). 

First time I read that as trypophobia and was very confused why that would cause a problem! But that aside I'm sure people will help you out if you need help with the colours (myself included!) :)

Edited by Hisuiryu
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Jokes aside, I have tritanopia, and judging between what is pink and what is orange is literally impossible for me lol (with just the color, not when they are explicitly named somehow). 

Maybe we can make a list of suggestions of games to help the people that can't see the colors. I can leave suggestions later today.

Overall, very neat idea. I think I can fit this in my schedule.

Question: just new games or are games below a certain percentage also welcome?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Would it help if I listed games that will work in the OP and add them to the OP during the event as people finish?

My first thought would be to list games available on PS+ extra/premium, would this be helpful?

Seriously, I don't mind helping you or anyone else with this. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

It's great to see this running again. I was hoping for it and have set aside some orange games! 

If anyone would like some colour suggestions, I recommend:

Inscryption for a dark pink: 

La74f05.png

Super Time Force Ultra for a light orange:

L1ab094.png

Or The Sexy Brutale (definitely the easiest of the three) for either pink or orange:

L004390.png

Already starting off strong with some judgments. @Beyondthegrave07 is still figuring out how to word some of the rules but I've already talked to him about these (specifically the first one).

No to the first one, yes to the other two for the colors you mentioned.

Also like @Beyondthegrave07 I'll be matching his donation. We will see if I regret that later 😅

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ConAir said:

Maybe we can make a list of suggestions of games to help the people that can't see the colors. I can leave suggestions later today.

Overall, very neat idea. I think I can fit this in my schedule.

Question: just new games or are games below a certain percentage also welcome?

- Below 80% rarity

-No DLC only

- Game must be 2 weeks before counting. 

-100% base game only is OK 

Right now we are establishing some base rules:

This is what we are thinking right now:

1. 5 second rule - if it takes longer than 5 seconds to make a decision on the color, it doesn't count (so the more obvious, the better).

Example:

Is that pink or light red in the background? Idk, and even looking at it it's hard for me to say since everything else is so red so this is a no from me.

Lf3b0af.png

2. No zoom needed - If you have to zoom in to see it, it doesn't count.

Example:

Lf669ea.png

The pink on it is really insignificant and when viewing a profile, it's not easy to see with the naked eye. Doesn't count this time, sorry.

3. No lips or mouth only - people were quite cheeky in the past with this one and would use human lips or inside of a mouth as the "pink" color. Unless if the mouth or lips are a focal point, it will not count this time. So many people did this in the past and were really getting away from the spirit of the event.

Examples:

L0e120d.png

La75448.png

And before people get too hung up on this, I used these examples and invalidated games I am currently playing or could use. I'm not doing it to be an asshole, I promise. Quite the opposite, I want it to be easier for you to choose games without everything being questioned or feeling unsure about your picks. Also, don't want to fry my brain trying to decide either so I'm taking a very simplistic approach to it to streamline decision making 

Though, as long as it's visible and easy to see, you shouldn't have any issues. See the below examples that would still work. 

L345c19.png

Killzone is easily still orange and even though the rest is gray, still counts.

Yellow-y orange,  but the left side is orange enough. It counts.

L3606c0.png

Not a whole lot of orange there, but it's easy enough to spot. It counts.

Ld90e8d.png

Not a lot of pink, but that Donut is definitely pink as it could be. Counts.

Laf74c9.png

I will add this to the OP later,  but this is my idea so far.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3