Delisting December 1st 2023/Server Shutdown January 31st 2024

XxIsa-GxX

10 hours ago, ShadowSkill said:

Sigh, gonna gave this up.  No way to chase those online trophies in short time.  I was like about level 30 sth. Hope they will change it to offline mode but wont happen like Everybody golf. 

Everybody's golf makes me so upset. Why does free golf mode and fishing have to be locked behind online. Despite having the platinum, I still wanted to go back and catch all the fish on the DLC levels and everything, but now I can't. So stupid and so needless.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, ShadowSkill said:

Sigh, gonna gave this up.  No way to chase those online trophies in short time.  I was like about level 30 sth. Hope they will change it to offline mode but wont happen like Everybody golf. 

Your region Asia is the easiest to get an empty or near empty lobby. If you're able to get on late at night or early in the morning in your timezone it will be far easier to get pole positions and wins than it would be in America, or EMEA regions. 

14 hours ago, iXanon said:

...and with the current state of the servers with constant disconnections, it's more like 1 or 2 an hour.

18/10 has been touted as the date the tracks are due to reset.

The same site said it would be reset on 10/12 last week, and they keep pushing the date back. Looking at the history of the events it seems the tracks update every 28 days most of the time. 

Edited by x7251

1 hour ago, x7251 said:

Your region Asia is the easiest to get an empty or near empty lobby. If you're able to get on late at night or early in the morning in your timezone it will be far easier to get pole positions and wins than it would be in America, or EMEA regions.

Thanks, just borrowed one more copy from a friend in case, may try to boost it by myself. But quite busy in coming months and dont know how long to get to level 50 too. Will try my best anyway. Good luck everyone.

As far as I know, the player's save data is connected to the server that is shutting down.  Going forward, my assumption is that reaching level 50 needs to be done before the shutdown for the platinum to be obtainable.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if it can still be done after January 31, but I wouldn't take that chance.  From the stats I've seen regarding the level 50 end game, this is the type of grindy trophy that makes a person hate a game.  Naturally, I'm going for it.  As a Gran Turismo fan since GT4, I just can't leave this one having already gotten the hard multiplayer trophies.  At level 42 now, an hour a day of Premium Sports Lounge races at Blue Moon Bay Speedway should be enough to finish this before year's end with time to spare.  Hopefully I can put a score on the board for us casual trophy collectors.

On 9/29/2023 at 2:18 PM, RustyZero said:

Oh shit!

Isn't the progression save stored on Polyphony servers ? I remember the mess it was when their servers went down: the game was unplayable...

Similar fuckery to Gran Turismo 7. So if you own this game it's going to be worth Jack shortly, unless they patch out the online requirement. If they're going to shut servers down, it'd be asinine not to allow client side saves. Looking a few years forward, history will repeat with GT 7.

I think you should be able to access the full base game without online play. Online modes should be sold as extra DLC.

In GTS, I think the FIA tie-in was handled stupidly. It is a big reason for the online-only DRM. The FIA related features (earning a FIA recognized driver license to drive real race cars, and the FIA sanctioned championship) should've been a separate thing from the main game.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KekkoPazzini said:

the servers are down for the moment... maintenance? Furthermore, progress by level requires an online connection to save data. so I assume it's all tied up online. Damn...I'm level 36....it's going to be rotten.

The game's online server hasn't been working since an hour ago.
My region is Asia.
From your situation, it must be the same on other continents.
I hope the server will be restored again in a few hours.🙏

1 minute ago, Kazya-_- said:

Edited by Kazya-_-
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get both win and pole position trophies in three weeks since the annoucement of GT Sport servers closure. Now I'm going to grind the remaining online races, and then, gradually, I will grind the level 50 as well, for time is on my side now.

Needless to say, but the key to win races is to set a good lap time on qualify. Plus, you need to practice enough until you can do consistent laps in a row in order to minimize your mistakes during the races. I got all my wins and poles by playing the Race B, Monza, which is a great track to race at, as it has few bends and chicanes, therefore, few braking points for you to memorize. Moreover, Monza has always been one of my favorite tracks. 

To serve as a reference, my qualification time is 1.56.127, and a consistent lap, from what I consider, ranges from 1.56.900 to 1.57.400. If you can do a better consistent lap times than this, then you probably are a better player than I am. Additionaly, these are my settings: DualShock 4, automatic transmission, Traction 1 and R3 to accelerate.

I also deemed it essential to highlight that most of my races I played between 4 A.M. to 8 A.M. (GMT -3; Brazil; America server), when the competition level wasn't high, but not low either. That, by itself, increased my chances of winning. Sometimes, with extreme luck, I was matched with only one or two players who had a lap time of two or three seconds higher than mine. In that case, it was a guaranteed win for me, as long as they did not play dirt. Stay away from peak hours, if you can. So, to summarize, a lot of practice and playing on dead time go hand-in-hand.

Finally, yet importantly, I do not consider myself a skilled player. I would say that I am at an intermediate level in simulation racing games, who took the advantage to play within the best time frame possible. If you are not confident with your skills, though, I would not recommend you to open the game on your profile, unless you want a real challenge for yourself.

I have the feeling that the heavy competition in online lobbies is liable to drop in the next months, as the best drivers, broadly speaking, will get their trophies beforehand, but this could be a double-edged sword if you wait for too long.

I hope this post encourages people to do their best, and not give up!

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edhunter10 said:

grind the level 50 as well, for time is on my side now.

I'd go and look at how many xp you have compared to how many you need and how many you get per race. If your level isn't well into the 40's by now, it may not be as relaxed as you think.

Edited by barra333

2 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I'd go and look at how many xp you have compared to how many you need and how many you get per race. If your level isn't well into the 40's by now, it may not be as relaxed as you think.

Yes, I know it's a massive grind, but I got it all planned out.

On 30/09/2023 at 09:05, willmill97 said:

espaçador.png

Além disso, todos, por favor, tenham em mente este gráfico de XP, caso vocês achem que estão quase terminando porque estão a apenas alguns níveis de distância. O nível 47 está na verdade a meio caminho do 50

4.000.000. M :( 

8 hours ago, iXanon said:

It's not so bad once you get used to it

Learn to feather the throttle a bit 🙂

I swear I'm already doing that.  Throttle is the one thing I feel like I have good control over. I try to be really smooth. But I cannot get that control you are getting. Like that first turn? I can't push it that fast otherwise I just overshoot the corner no matter if I even let go of the throttle completely. And the part starting at 1:09 I just cannot take that whole sequence that fast without losing it. Somehow I watch your car sway into its weight both directions but it doesn't lose it. It genuinely feels like my left stick does not have the fidelity or I don't have the fine motor control to handle that. Basically any time the tires are screeching for me I am going way too slow. I don't know how you're managing to go so fast while drifting. I can't figure out how to maintain the control you have is my biggest problem.

I mean it genuinely feels like some of the turns I literally handle in a way that should be faster, like the second turn right before the checkpoint. But somehow drifting doesn't slow you down. And for the first turn, in order for me to maintain that line I have to slow way down. Watching it genuinely feels like you have different physics than me. Is there any possibility I have different settings than you? Like traction control or whatever?

Edited by Chettlar

18 hours ago, iXanon said:

It's not so bad once you get used to it

Learn to feather the throttle a bit 🙂

What were your assist settings for your 1:37 lap time? And do you use the same settings in an actual race?

I have everything off/manual/0 except ABS, and after a few hours of attempts, my best lap is currently 1:39. Wondering if I should use some TCS and/or any other assist

57 minutes ago, hore said:

What were your assist settings for your 1:37 lap time? And do you use the same settings in an actual race?

I have everything off/manual/0 except ABS, and after a few hours of attempts, my best lap is currently 1:39. Wondering if I should use some TCS and/or any other assist

Traction Control: 1

Braking Balance: +2

ABS: Default

Transmission: Auto

Same settings in the race.