Delisting December 1st 2023/Server Shutdown January 31st 2024

XxIsa-GxX

5 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

It is, but you have to play the hell out of it. I did my plat in 3 months and I played every day.

For sure. Starting today, you would need to average 2.6 sport mode races per day to hit 322 by the end of January. And that would barely touch the xp requirements for level 50.

52 minutes ago, Dry said:

So it’s Driveclub all over again only this time the entire game is unplayable post server closure, am I correct?

Driveclub is completely playable, more playable than this game! 

I am not sure if you will be able to load the game after the servers shutdown or not. I see no reason why you can't do offline stuff as this game was kinda fun, for a few hours

• Like 1

I more or less predicted the closure would come...luckily I took away the victories and the poles...I only have 60 races left.

Consider GT sport in an hour you can do 3 races... and sometimes it gives you an error while you wait for the race. So it's very annoying....now that they've announced the closure there will be a big mess with everyone fighting for pole or victory... and also there will be a lot of unsportsmanship...

• Like 1

This is one of the games that was on my list to play but I never gave it the priority... I haven't been in the mood for a racing simulator with online mode and there are just too many games to play and not much time... unfortunately it will be too tight for me to do it before that date and I don't want to spend the next few months forcing myself. Kinda sad but it is what it is...

Edited by zemiguelreis
  • Like 1

I think Level 50 might also be online and it takes a long time to reach.  It's exactly 2,343,707 xp to reach level 50. As I might remember when the game was down for maintenance once and not getting any level xp after races but not completely certain on that.

Edited by JeffGordon2
  • Like 1

I have to let this one slip away. You got like 4 months which means work everyday countless hours and risky to get a unobtainable. 

As a racing fan myself I need to make a painful decision to skip it. It’s definitely a nice game/plat overall that tops out and is respectable.

But even after you got the online trophies secured there isn’t much information if the game gets a patch for the rest of the offline stuff. Since the game isn’t playable offline atm.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Don’t understand why this game was never on ps plus (unless it was on essential before I had it maybe)

Also why are 5 and 6 not on the ps3 streaming. It’s a company owned by Sony and the games are old so can’t wrap my head around it. 

Probably because since they use actual vehicles from actual multinational corporations, the rights last for a limited amount of time.  That's the same reason MIcrosoft delists a Forza and its DLCs every year or two. and why you likely won't see those games on MS's or Sony's streaming services. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jblanch3 said:

Probably because since they use actual vehicles from actual multinational corporations, the rights last for a limited amount of time.  That's the same reason MIcrosoft delists a Forza and its DLCs every year or two. and why you likely won't see those games on MS's or Sony's streaming services. 

lots of other games using actual vehicles from multinational corporations have been on ps plus though, so this argument is kind of flawed

for instance I got nfs heat on essential last year, and grid legends on essential this year. 

Also you mention forza, the newest forza was released directly to gamepass on October 10. Forza has been and is currently on gamepass, so there’s no reason gran turismo couldn’t be on ps plus. 

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

Thankfully I completed the online back in early 2022. I knew the servers wouldn't be up much longer back when I got the online trophies done. I even posted that in another thread about Gran Turismo Sport. Good luck to anyone going to attempt this. The online is full of hardcore players with 1000+ hours played online, and know the tracks very well. You will really need to practice to get pole positions and wins. 

Edited by x7251

Between this and Amplitude, these are the only 2 obtainable Plats on my profile that I simply don't have the skills to obtain the Platinum in. 

I will gracefully bow out of going for the online trophies because I don't have the ability to win 90+ races online. I remember I grinded 40 races a few years ago and couldn't even make it into the top 2 finish let alone 1st place. 

I'm contemplating that the single player trophies may also be tied to online (particularly the level rank trophies). So I'm going to break my streak of a perfect 100% game completed list in 2023 just to get the % up in this game. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

this doesn’t make sense since multiple other racing games have been (and are currently) on Ps plus essential and extra.

I got nfs heat on essential last year, and grid legends on essential this year, both of which I now own forever and both of which use real world cars so would have the same sort of licenses as gran turismo.

Also you mention forza, the newest forza was released directly to gamepass on October 10. Forza has been and is currently on gamepass, so there’s no reason gran turismo couldn’t be on ps plus. 

Each game takes care of licenses differently, even more games that have more than 300 vehicles are expensive to renew for a game that after 2 years is not as profitable as it was at launch.

Purchased or redeemed games have nothing to do with "same type of licensing".

Forza only has Horizon 4 and 5 on Gamepass, the previous ones have all been removed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

Get a good pole position, learn the weekly track, and avoid obstacles. If you're finding it hard wait for the next week or switch the tracK.

The tracks aren't updated weekly anymore. The tracks usually only update once every 4 weeks since April 2022. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LucasDragon570 said:

Each game takes care of licenses differently, even more games that have more than 300 vehicles are expensive to renew for a game that after 2 years is not as profitable as it was at launch.

Purchased or redeemed games have nothing to do with "same type of licensing".

Forza only has Horizon 4 and 5 on Gamepass, the previous ones have all been removed.

What part of anything you just said explains why gran turismo hasn’t been on ps plus? Which was my original comment

grid legends - lots of cars, on ps plus

nfs heat - lots of cars, on ps plus

forza - lots of cars, on gamepass

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

27 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

What part of anything you just said explains why gran turismo hasn’t been on ps plus? Which was my original comment…

grid legends - lots of cars, on ps plus

nfs heat - lots of cars, on ps plus

forza - lots of cars, on gamepass

And what part does each publisher take care of licensing don't you understand? You must be that type of person who when you release a new NFS complains that it's not a remaster of Underground/Most Wanted lol

To repeat: each publisher takes care of the way they license games. If you still don't understand, complain to Polyphony.

15 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Between this and Amplitude, these are the only 2 obtainable Plats on my profile that I simply don't have the skills to obtain the Platinum in. 

I will gracefully bow out of going for the online trophies because I don't have the ability to win 90+ races online. I remember I grinded 40 races a few years ago and couldn't even make it into the top 2 finish let alone 1st place. 

I'm contemplating that the single player trophies may also be tied to online (particularly the level rank trophies). So I'm going to break my streak of a perfect 100% game completed list in 2023 just to get the % up in this game. 

I'd still give it a try considering you already started this trophy set. And it's not like I was some sort of racing wizard, yet I got my 90 wins in about 3 months. It's all about persistance, the will to try and succeed. I had so many embarrassing failures while doing my 90 wins it's not even funny, and at first I too had so many losses before I got my first real win.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

One sneaky trophy to note that can be unobtainable would be :bronze: The Charm of Customization because of this lines stated, inside the update post:

This might still obtainable. You can still... actually, no. I was going to say there are default decals and stuff but even if you just change the paint colour you have to save and upload it before you can use it so yes, this trophy will also be unobtainable.

17 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Don’t understand why this game was never on ps plus (unless it was on essential before I had it maybe)

Also why are 5 and 6 not on the ps3 streaming. It’s a company owned by Sony and the games are old so can’t wrap my head around it. 

I'm not getting into the argument above but car manufacturers aren't really interested in (re-)licencing old games. Why let people play a less detailed version of your cars when they can play a shinier, better version across multiple platforms?

Anyway, for anyone still playing or wanting to play (and why you'd complain now about it shutting down is beyond me, but anyway) and needing inspiration: 

World Record GT Sport Platinum Trophy Speedrun Completed in 229 Hours | GTPlanet

There's a full schedule in there too. You can finish the game in under ten days, right?

Edited by stpatty
  • Like 1