Peanut Butter Butterpops Clarification

Hammeff

I'm just looking for some clarification on the 2 parts mentioned that may have previously caused issues with the "Peanut Butter Butterpops" trophy.

I'm working on my infected playthrough (started a fresh new game as I've seen mentioned with auto aim on) and am currently about to start chapter 4. I've seen many different comments saying don't shoot Jacob, which I would like to avoid as I need to get him infected. Do I just let the bar run out for both chances to shoot the bush. Or do I let the first one run out and shoot the second (and let auto aim miss). I've not been able to find any definitive answer to this.

Also the same for chapter 5 when Ryan is aiming at the ceiling. Do I let the bar run out or do I shoot it and let the auto aim do its thing?

Thank you in advance for anyone that takes their time to reply.

35 minutes ago, Hammeff said:

I'm just looking for some clarification on the 2 parts mentioned that may have previously caused issues with the "Peanut Butter Butterpops" trophy.

I'm working on my infected playthrough (started a fresh new game as I've seen mentioned with auto aim on) and am currently about to start chapter 4. I've seen many different comments saying don't shoot Jacob, which I would like to avoid as I need to get him infected. Do I just let the bar run out for both chances to shoot the bush. Or do I let the first one run out and shoot the second (and let auto aim miss). I've not been able to find any definitive answer to this.

Also the same for chapter 5 when Ryan is aiming at the ceiling. Do I let the bar run out or do I shoot it and let the auto aim do its thing?

As long as you have auto-aim on (double check it's actually on auto and doesn't just say 'on', it can be easy to miss), just let the timer run out in all those instances. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammeff said:

59 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

As long as you have auto-aim on (double check it's actually on auto and doesn't just say 'on', it can be easy to miss), just let the timer run out in all those instances. :) 

What this guy said. Auto-aim has 3 settings: off, on, and auto. This I think is what causes the issues for people with getting the trophy.

When auto-aim is set to on it aims the gun towards what you need to shoot but for the Butterpops trophy you still need to shoot and not miss in each encounter thus killing Jacob.

However if you switch auto-aim to auto the game treats the encounters as cutscenes instead meaning the timer disappears and you don't control whether the character shoots or not which in the moments you were wondering about means Ryan doesn't shoot the bushes in chapter 4 and he doesn't shoot the ceiling in chapter 5. This way Jacob lives through chapter 4 and you can still get the Butterpops trophy during the playthrough.

• Like 3

I didn't even realise there was an "auto" setting for auto aim so that would make sense if there were issues. I've had it on the "on" setting for the first 3 chapters. I think just to be safe I'm doing them again with that set to "auto". Thank you for both your advice.

6 hours ago, Hammeff said:

I didn't even realise there was an "auto" setting for auto aim so that would make sense if there were issues. I've had it on the "on" setting for the first 3 chapters. I think just to be safe I'm doing them again with that set to "auto". Thank you for both your advice.

Still have it set to on. Only set it to auto for those parts in chapter 4 and 5. If you have it set to auto the whole playthrough the game acts like you had zero encounters meaning no Butterpops trophy. 

• Like 1

I've had it set to "on" for the prologue and the first 3 chapters at the moment. So I should be OK to change it to "auto" for the next 2 and either change it back or leave it on "auto" for the remainder? Or would restarting with it set to "auto" be the safest step?

16 minutes ago, Hammeff said:

I've had it set to "on" for the prologue and the first 3 chapters at the moment. So I should be OK to change it to "auto" for the next 2 and either change it back or leave it on "auto" for the remainder? Or would restarting with it set to "auto" be the safest step?

I did a save everyone playthrough where I was switching between on and auto. I followed a guide for the trophy but upon the conclusion of the story the trophy didn’t pop. I changed my setting back to auto and I’ve now started a complete new playthrough. I read somewhere that switching between auto and on can cause complications so I’m just going to leave it alone this time. I’m doing an infect everyone playthrough too. 

Edited by CraigyCX

3 hours ago, jmartinez8089 said:

Still have it set to on. Only set it to auto for those parts in chapter 4 and 5. If you have it set to auto the whole playthrough the game acts like you had zero encounters meaning no Butterpops trophy. 

are u saying if ive set auto on the whole game i wont get the trophy? what if enable. it for just one encounter then go back to auto.

9 minutes ago, coopbuh said:

are u saying if ive set auto on the whole game i wont get the trophy? what if enable. it for just one encounter then go back to auto.

Yes thats what im saying as for your second question I honestly have no idea but if you are willing to test it for everyone that would be nice.

7 minutes ago, jmartinez8089 said:

Yes thats what im saying as for your second question I honestly have no idea but if you are willing to test it for everyone that would be nice.

The guide here, the PS3trophies guide, and the TA solution all say you can just have aim set to auto from the beginning and it will unlock the trophy/achievement.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 1

Just now, lordzeze said:

The guide here, the PS3trophies guide, and the TA solution all say you can just have aim set to auto from the beginning and it will unlock the trophy.

20 minutes ago, coopbuh said:

I set it to "Auto" from the beginning of the game until the end for my first playthrough. I got the trophy during the credits.

That is incorrect. If you have set Auto on the entire game, you will get the Peanut Butter Butterpops trophy, as long as you actually have encounters throughout the game. And yes it is possible to get it during your "everyone infected" playthrough. Sometimes you'll have an encounter where you don't shoot (namely Jacob in the bushes), but auto-aim will _not_ fire in these cases, and it will _not_ invalidate the trophy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jmartinez8089 said:

Seems i was mistaken then. The guide i used said otherwise when i played it and i never tested it because i didn't want to do an extra playthrough if it didnt work.

I can confirm it's perfectly safe to set Aim to Auto on your Infect Everyone run. For some reason the game counts it, even though if you mostly play the shooting scenes exactly the same in your first run you won't get it, the game is weird like that.

I have just got this trophy and now the plat and I thought I would say what I did.

- Went into settings and changed the auto aim setting to "Auto". Not "on" which may have confused people in the past including myself. (I DID NOT CHANGE THIS ALL PLAYTHROUGH)

- Started a NEW GAME playthrough and followed the Infected playthrough guide on this site.

- All shooting/ combat encounters were auto completed. Bush wasn't shot by Ryan in Chapter 4 and the ceiling wasn't shot by Ryan in Chapter 5 due to the auto setting.

- I stopped Laura from shooting Nick in Chapter 8 and this didn't void the trophy as i've seen others and guides mention it does.

Good luck to everyone going for it and thank you for the advice to me on this topic

Edited by Hammeff

22 hours ago, Hammeff said:

I have just got this trophy and now the plat and I thought I would say what I did.

- Went into settings and changed the auto aim setting to "Auto". Not "on" which may have confused people in the past including myself. (I DID NOT CHANGE THIS ALL PLAYTHROUGH)

- Started a NEW GAME playthrough and followed the Infected playthrough guide on this site.

- All shooting/ combat encounters were auto completed. Bush wasn't shot by Ryan in Chapter 4 and the ceiling wasn't shot by Ryan in Chapter 5 due to the auto setting.

- I stopped Laura from shooting Nick in Chapter 8 and this didn't void the trophy as i've seen others and guides mention it does.

Good luck to everyone going for it and thank you for the advice to me on this topic

Congrats on the platinum dude! Also a reminder for everyone, the game only has a few days left in the PS+ Extra Catalogue. If you want to play the game and go for the platinum, act fast and feel free to use my platinum walkthrough for reference during your playthroughs.