Forum account deletion.

Hello, I would like to ask, how long does it take to your account to be deleted after you make your request? Do I need to not log in for some time? I've already clicked the link sent on my email and confirmed the request. The request was done more than once, but even though it has passed more than 2 or 3 weeks, my account still here.

It’s a request you’re making directly to the owner of the site, I believe. Some have had their request granted relatively quickly, and others not yet at least.

I requested it, confirmed it through email, and the owner asked me if I wanted to delete, to which I replied ‘yes please’...  A few weeks went by and I hadn’t evaporated, so...

I went back to the email and basically cancelled my request and said I guess I’ll just quit posting when I’m done haha.

There are probably many things to consider and involved with this new operation, which may be a manual procedure, not automatic.

It’s a request to delete, not a guarantee.

On a side note: You’ve only got a few posts and may not be high on the priority list if there is one. 😅

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Don’t think they can nuke one without nuking the other.

If you want to keep the profile, but not use the forum, wouldn’t the simpler option be to just…

…not use the forum?

Eh, if if i gotta nuke both just to get rid of this account, then so be it. Not ideal, but i'll live lol. 

But for the record, i want to leave as little online info as possible, id rather terminate an entire account if that means less "data" of me publically floating around if possible, i just like not having the public finding my data if im not using a service, since i wanna keep a presence of privacy, if ya know what i mean?(now i understand a business keeping records, but thats a whole other fish to fry imo)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

The accounts are separate in that either can be deleted without affecting the other, but only @Sly Ripper can delete a forum account, as Sly is the only actual admin for the site. 

Anyone can delete their trophy profile from the main page.

Ok cool, I'll pm Sly, and go from there. Thank you for the info!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 2:26 PM, DaivRules said:

You could always just change your forum profile name something other than your PSN name to at least separate your posts here from being tied to your PSN name in the future. 

I don't think that is possible if you are not a premium user.

• Like 1

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/settings/account-security/

You clicked on the “Request Account Deletion” button from the above page, right?

If so, all I can suggest you do now is wait for the big man to ask for your approval. Be sure to log in here per day so you don’t miss it.

Requesting a PSNP forum profile be deleted without removing the PSN account it’s assigned to is one of many new features introduced through the overhaul of August 2023. Due to Sly’s presence at the time, I’m among the first users to make this request (and have it approved) with my original forum profile.

Good luck from this point onwards, Countrydude1989. 🦖🦖🦖

Edited by Dry
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Dry said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/settings/account-security/

You clicked on the “Request Account Deletion” button from the above page, right?

If so, all I can suggest you do now is wait for the big man to ask for your approval. Be sure to log in here per day so you don’t miss it.

Requesting a PSNP forum profile be deleted without removing the PSN account it’s assigned to is one of many new features introduced through the overhaul of August 2023. Due to Sly’s presence at the time, I’m among the first users to make this request (and have it approved) with my original forum profile.

Good luck from this point onwards, Countrydude1989. 🦖🦖🦖

Yup, i did that a few days ago,but thanks for the advice nonetheless!

and thanks, good luck to you as well, Dry. 🤜🤛

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, megacoolermensch said:

so even if i request deletion with entering my password and confirming by email i still have to be asked for approval by sly?

also how long does deletion take? all profiles i visit that requested it are still up

There is no real answer, I know a few people who requested and did all that stuff but its been 4 months waiting for them still.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...