To buy or not to buy Watch_Dogs

Malfuras

First off I'm already sold on the idea of Watch_Dogs. It was the game I got a PS4 for. However as the release date draws ever closer I've come to realize a few things.

1. I already have 18 games to play that I am nowhere near completion.

2. I have a 2 year old and can only play the more serious games at night.

3. I work nights and so only have a few nights a week when I'm at home to do this.

4. Most nights I am at home I spend with the missus.

I am currently playing Assassins Creed Black Flag and enjoying it immensely but as you can see there's not alot of time to play.

So my point of the post is this simple question, who in my position would still purchase Watch_Dogs despite having a butt load of games already and sod all time to play them!?

P.S. is there a forum more suited to this kind of question/topic?  

Malfuras.png

Personally (while still having backlog of 200-something on Steam) I'd advice against purchasing a game for full retail price if you won't be playing it anytime soon. Buy it later on, when/if you got more time - the price will also go down surely.

Personally (while still having backlog of 200-something on Steam) I'd advice against purchasing a game for full retail price if you won't be playing it anytime soon. Buy it later on, when/if you got more time - the price will also go down surely.

I don't know if the price for Watch_Dogs will go down anytime soon mainly because it's a new game, and it's going to be VERY popular upon it's release date. Unless it's not a very good game and it gets bad reveiws (Which I highly doubt would happen) then yes, I do see see the price going down for Watch_Dogs, but like I said, I doubt it would happen... Anytime soon.

I have a huge backlog, but pre-ordered Watch Dogs anyway. When it comes out, my backlog will get kicked to the curb for it (a backlog which consists of 14 games at present). Also, as a formerly married man, I do understand balancing time with the missus though.  Just find time as you see fit. It'll be around awhile, since it has good reviews, and it's done by Ubisoft, the same company that did Assassin's Creed.

Whether you buy it now or later, and whether there is a price drop or not, frankly everything I have seen (trailers, previews, etc.) makes it seem like it'll be worth the money.

I have a huge backlog, but pre-ordered Watch Dogs anyway. When it comes out, my backlog will get kicked to the curb for it (a backlog which consists of 14 games at present). Also, as a formerly married man, I do understand balancing time with the missus though. Just find time as you see fit. It'll be around awhile, since it has good reviews, and it's done by Ubisoft, the same company that did Assassin's Creed.

Whether you buy it now or later, and whether there is a price drop or not, frankly everything I have seen (trailers, previews, etc.) makes it seem like it'll be worth the money.

Yes, it will be worth the money, but I, mysef, am not buying it because I'm still trying to 100% Dead Nation. It looks like a pretty cool game, and my birthday is coming up so Happy Birthday to me!

I also have a ton of games I plan to still play, but in actuality you can't always expect the order you intend to play them to always come true. For instance I was supposed to play Lighting Returns, then Lords of shadow 2. Then I changed it to Chrono Phantasma after platinuming Calamity Trigger. Later I decided to want to play ICO then Lone Survivor to make Chrono my 20th platinum; to now playing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit then Crysis 3.

I guess you can decide to get it later, but as mentioned already the game "if it becomes a success" will not be droping its price any time soon, especially since the developers have claimed wanting to delay the game's release numerous times saying; "it's to make sure the game is as best as it can be". That tells me they really are serious about the game & want it to succeed. If I remember Right someone said the default game's normal time to finish(without going through side quests/missions) is around 90-120 hours, this game is going to have a lot of things to keep you occupied. Watch Dogs is either going to make us all happy, or leave us all disappointed for giving it such high expectations. 

Edited by DarknessKey92

I don't know if the price for Watch_Dogs will go down anytime soon mainly because it's a new game, and it's going to be VERY popular upon it's release date. Unless it's not a very good game and it gets bad reveiws (Which I highly doubt would happen) then yes, I do see see the price going down for Watch_Dogs, but like I said, I doubt it would happen... Anytime soon.

Yet if someone already has 18 games in backlog, and can hardly ever play even one of them, then what's the point? Sure the price won't be dropping now, but it's not like the world would run out of copies of the game either...

I have tons of games that I haven't finished yet but I ignore them when I want to play a game that I truly love all lot (Pokemon, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Infamous, etc.) so even if you have all lot of games that are not completed yet but you want Watch_Dogs really badly then I say get the game man

If you have to ask, then the answer is no.

That's how I always think of things when it comes to games. If I'm having trouble deciding if I want a game, then I don't get it. Since if I REALLY wanted it, I wouldn't be trying to rationalize the decision, I'd just buy it.

• Like 1

I thought this was gonna be the same when I started seeing my current GF as did not think she would be in to open world games, but she loved Infamous Second Son and I am sure she will enjoy Watch_Dogs. Did not think would have time to play as always at her place but bought my PS4 hers to see if she could get into it and I was right. 

Bring on Watch_Dogs! 

Personally mate, I'd give it a miss for a while while you get through some of your other games. I personally only buy games new when I really badly want them (e.g. TLOU, Bioshock, BF4 to play with friends) and I also recommend this to others.

Like you, I've got >20 games in my backlog haha, so I think I'll put this one on the back burner for a while. Not to say I don't want to play it eventually; but just not yet

And just to be clear, I'm not married, so I can't say I understand you completely haha. Although I am a 3rd Year Physiotherapy/Physical Therapy Student, so life is still pretty hectic :P

Edited by FluffyAssassin64

If you have to ask, then the answer is no.

That's how I always think of things when it comes to games. If I'm having trouble deciding if I want a game, then I don't get it. Since if I REALLY wanted it, I wouldn't be trying to rationalize the decision, I'd just buy it.

Pretty much what my wife said as I whine about whether or not to get it. Lol. I do REALLY want it but there is that nagging doubt and as mentioned its not like its going anywhere. Can always get it when ive cleared some of the backlog! 

Thanks everyone for your points of view. Ive decided to wait and get it at a later date, unless i manage to Plat Assassins Creed by May 27. Very unlikely...

Malfuras.png

If Watch Dogs comes out to PS3. Then fucking yes, I'll buy it. 

My good sir, you're in luck.

http://www.amazon.com/Watch-Dogs-Playstation-3/dp/B00BGHUS58

As for me, I still haven't decided if I'm going to get it near launch. The game looks pretty damn fun but for some reason I'm just not feeling it, I don't know why. A buddy of mine is getting it for PC so I'll probably try it out at his house and if I like it, I'll pick it up for PS4. 

Parker