Will Sony ever let us delete games with unobtainable trophies?

Jasmin-Harun

Look I am fully aware it is a long shot and a long-standing issue.

However, I reckon a lot of people would appreciate the ability to delete some of the games with already unobtainable trophies. 

From the developers' perspective, why is this such a problematic issue? I remember the times when you could NOT delete the 0% games upon opening the app on your profile. Is this the devs issue or the Sony one?

If I remember fondly Microsoft has expressed willingness to tackle this issue -> click here

This would ease up the trophy-hunting community and allow a revival of some older games as well. 

Any way we can, as a community, address the issue at hand, perhaps by writing to Sony/devs? 

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jasmin-Harun said:

However, I reckon a lot of people would appreciate the ability to delete some of the games with already unobtainable trophies. 

From the developers' perspective, why is this such a problematic issue? I remember the times when you could NOT delete the 0% games upon opening the app on your profile. Is this the devs issue or the Sony one?

If I remember fondly Microsoft has expressed willingness to tackle this issue -> click here

This would ease up the trophy-hunting community and allow a revival of some older games as well. 

Any way we can, as a community, address the issue at hand, perhaps by writing to Sony/devs? 

Thoughts? 

It's an interesting thought. 

I can see why some people would want this and some people wouldn't. Unfortunately, the majority don't care either way, so I doubt its coming.

I have unobtainable trophies and even I don't want this. Way too much of a hassle and causes potential issues, especially when you factor in online servers that shut down. You mean we can just delete someone's 100% in an online game that's no longer active now?

Deal with it. Your life's not gonna end if you get an unobtainable trophy. Perfection is overrated anyways, just like rarity, platinum count, trophy level, and a lot of things about trophy hunting.

53 minutes ago, Jasmin-Harun said:

Thoughts? 

No. They'd first have to confirm that a trophy is unobtainable on a list. If they enabled it, what happens when the developer pushes an update that makes the trophy obtainable? Or unobtainable? What about DLC's with unobtainables but the plat has no issues? There are too many variables to make this a realistic option. 

Literally seems like this comes up every week... see below quote:

On 10/21/2023 at 5:33 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, this has been debated to death on the forums. We don't need another thread on this. Locking...

And I'm not doing this to be facetious. This is just a really common topic discussed and the topic could have easily been found with the search function. 

• Like 1