Suikoden II rated by ESRB for PSN release

Lady Lilith

http://kotaku.com/holy-crap-looks-like-suikoden-ii-is-finally-coming-to-1565978567

ujhnbafeznzzqhdodmiy.jpg

One of the world's best RPGs could finally be playable on modern machines: the ESRB has just rated Suikoden II for PlayStation 3. P

ESRB ratings are often the precursor to a re-release on Sony's digital PlayStation Network, where you can buy a number of classic PS1 and PS2 games to be played on PS3, PSP, and Vita. Earlier this month, an ESRB rating for Persona 4 inadvertently revealed that Atlus would be re-releasing that classic PS2 game for PSN.

Suikoden II, released by Konami for the PlayStation back in 1999, is the second in the series and generally considered to be one of the greatest role-playing games ever made. It's all been downhill since then.

RELATED
18tne89w97bz3png.png
It's Time For Konami To Bring Suikoden II To PSN

How much do you think a copy of Suikoden II costs on Amazon? $60? $150? $300? Read…

Though Konami released the first Suikodenon the PlayStation Network a few years ago, we've never seen Suikoden II, and the game's rarity has led to some insane price spikes on eBay and the like. PlayingSuikoden II legally today can be quite the challenge, which is why fans have spent years begging Konami for a re-release. Looks like that day is finally here. Maybe. Hopefully.P

We've reached out to Konami to see what's up. More as we hear it.

I'm still happy with my PS1 version.  Pretty great news though.

• Like 1

<-- my face right now..  

hmmm...wait... they're going to make it available  in PS STORE or they're going to 'remake' it... (maybe i just didn't understand the entire article due to excitement )

either of the 2.. i'll definitely  buy it ASAP

bcpost1.gif

<-- my face right now..  

hmmm...wait... they're going to make it available  in PS STORE or they're going to 'remake' it... (maybe i just didn't understand the entire article due to excitement )

either of the 2.. i'll definitely  buy it ASAP

its a digital re release

• 6 months later...

http://operationrainfall.com/2014/11/18/suikoden-ii-reappears-esrb-site/

Suikoden-II-Featured-Image-610x285.jpg

A while back, Suikoden II appeared on the ESRB website leading some to speculate about the release of the title on PSN. Their hopes were destroyed when the ESRB listing was later removed. Well, it appears it has returned. Does this mean that it will really get a PSN release this time? I guess only time will tell. In the meantime, you can check out the ESRB listing and hope it stays this time.

I think someone at Konami is laughing at all the people getting their hopes up, only to shatter them.  How many times has this been teased before now?