PS4 cloud not registering on PS5?

Taliesin_2943

Ok I just tried to upload a save from a PS4 game to the cloud on my PS4 and it's saying it's unable to connect to it and if I select said game to upload it says it's going over the limit by the amount of data of the save file but when I go try uploading a PS5 file it's fine does anyone know what's going on?

• Like 1

I believe Sony has put a save file amount restriction on the cloud for each platform. You must have reached the PS4 limit amount, which is why you can't upload a PS4 save, but can upload a PS5 save. Try deleting a PS4 save you don't need from the cloud and see if it lets you upload the one you're trying to upload.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I believe Sony has put a save file amount restriction on the cloud for each platform. You must have reached the PS4 limit amount, which is why you can't upload a PS4 save, but can upload a PS5 save. Try deleting a PS4 save you don't need from the cloud and see if it lets you upload the one you're trying to upload.

That's just the problem it's saying it can't calculate when I try to upload but when I try to go in to copy or delete it's saying it can't connect or it shows up empty it's cut off like

Edited by Taliesin_2943

4 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

That's just the problem it's saying it can't calculate when I try to upload but when I try to go in to copy or delete it's saying it can't connect or it shows up empty it's cut off like

I had that problem recently too and was no way near using my limit it went away after a day or 2 so just wait it out.

• Like 1

Tal I think cloud might just be temporarily down, cuz I just got the exact same thing a minute ago when I just tried to upload a PS5 game save. Said error or something can't upload.

My cloud storage isnt full I do spring cleaning in it regularly it's only on about 15%. So yea I'm sure itll be fine soon enough or tomorrow.

Edited by esstee11

I used the PS4 cloud about 3 or so hours ago now without any issue, but it could be it's just suddenly started having issues. The cloud storage was having some issues a week or so ago now as well, but it didn't last too long.

Strangely enough, I remember last year around November there were some prolonged cloud issues as well.

this same problem happened last week then it went back up that same night. i'm going to be needing that cloud when/if i manage to get to the next level in mahjong adventure DX just in case things go wrong i'll have a backup on my 2nd ps5.