PS Vita removed from search options in online store on PS4 ?

XThordoomX

Hi guys

Not sure what happened but today i went to search for PS Vita games in the PS store through my PS4 and there was no option to search for Vita games.

Just last month i could search for PS vita games in the online store on PS4.

Was there any announcment that it was going to be completely removed?

Even games that are cross-buy no longer have PS Vita tag associated with them for buyers to know.

Anybody knows what happened or am i delusional living in a different universe and this search option under platforms was not there for a long time?

Thanks

Edited by XThordoomX

Hi

That is what i ment. The Cross-buy games.

Before, on your PS4 you had the  option to go to "Add filter" then platform pick Vita and it would show you all Cross buy games.

Now it is completely gone and even the tags.

Only when you read about the game it  says it is Cross-buy.

Not sure why it was removed.

Pretty idiotic decission. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, XThordoomX said:

Hi

Before, on your PS4 you had the  option to go to "Add filter" then platform pick Vita and it would show you all Cross buy games.

I'm guessing that they are preparing to shut down the Vita store, for real this time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, XThordoomX said:

Hi

Every since Sony walked back the decision to close the PS3 and Vita stores, they have been doing everything possible to scrub both platforms from the PS4 and web stores, because there's very little money in either of them these days so they would rather players stump up the cash and get a PS4 or 5 instead. There will come a time in the near future where the PS4 store is either almost or completely cut off from the PS3 and Vita stores so the only way to buy those games, will be via the store apps on the respective consoles :(.

• Like 3

When i heard that Microsoft was going to shut down Xbox 360 store i immediately thought Sony would not miss the opportunity to kill PS3 and Vita for good as soon as possible.  At least Microsoft has some backward compatibility and the option to buy Xbox Classic and 360 games from  the Xbox One and Series X/S stores. Sony doesn't care about PS3 or Vita not to mention PSP.

Sad.

• Like 4

There are still options to look for games on the vita (like psdeals.net just to name one) as the embedded / web stores dont officially promote them anyhow.

Hopefully we still have the possibility to download games from the vita store, but indeed there might a time when this feature will be simply dropped.

11 hours ago, DjusPS said:

There are still options to look for games on the vita (like psdeals.net just to name one) as the embedded / web stores dont officially promote them anyhow.

Hopefully we still have the possibility to download games from the vita store, but indeed there might a time when this feature will be simply dropped.

Just checked out this website. Very similar to psprices.com (who have recently removed PS Vita from their filter buttons).

I still enjoy using my Vita when travelling or can't be at my PS3/4/5.

I wonder if anyone knows if you can search for a Vita game in the web store, by adding a particular string to the search bar.

e.g. https://www.playstation.com/en-au/psvita/psvita-games/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

Just checked out this website. Very similar to psprices.com (who have recently removed PS Vita from their filter buttons).

I wonder if anyone knows if you can search for a Vita game in the web store, by adding a particular string to the search bar.

Nope, Sony have completely scrubbed the PS3 and Vita out of existence from the webstore :(.

11 hours ago, PHIL_DADDY1 said:

No, this is why I use PSDeals to see browse what offers are out there that could be downloaded on the Vita. I have pretty much the same usage as yours.

And indeed I moved away from psprices since they removed the VITA easy support from their interface.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 8:31 AM, HuntingFever said:

Every since Sony walked back the decision to close the PS3 and Vita stores, they have been doing everything possible to scrub both platforms from the PS4 and web stores, because there's very little money in either of them these days so they would rather players stump up the cash and get a PS4 or 5 instead. There will come a time in the near future where the PS4 store is either almost or completely cut off from the PS3 and Vita stores so the only way to buy those games, will be via the store apps on the respective consoles :(.

There's little money because everything is stuck at full price. They don't support sales even if a dev/publisher wants to put their game on sale they can't. 

Not to mention the PS3 store can freeze and corrupt your user profile forcing you to delete it and purging all your installed unlock keys (a nightmare for delisted content), and save data. Plus, the Vita store has tons of it's own errors, and it outright can't find content that is there. 

I can buy a game from 2009 on Steam on a sale. That's why I spend so much more on PC now. Sony are morons.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

There's little money because everything is stuck at full price. They don't support sales even if a dev/publisher wants to put their game on sale they can't. 

Not to mention the PS3 store can freeze and corrupt your user profile forcing you to delete it and purging all your installed unlock keys (a nightmare for delisted content), and save data. Plus, the Vita store has tons of it's own errors, and it outright can't find content that is there. 

I can buy a game from 2009 on Steam on a sale. That's why I spend so much more on PC now. Sony are morons.

Yeah, I'm not sure how licensing, proprietary games, or any of that really works between PC and Sony but it just seems like Sony has no desire to cater to the user experience from a profile perspective. 

I know trophy hunters are technically a minority and that a lot of money is probably made on the hardware side and AAA software but...there's so much potential for monetization / evolving with how players could customize and connect with a solidified account. 

It's just sad thinking about how much content has been and will be lost simply because of delisting and only existing as digital media. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DjusPS said:

No, this is why I use PSDeals to see browse what offers are out there that could be downloaded on the Vita. I have pretty much the same usage as yours.

And indeed I moved away from psprices since they removed the VITA easy support from their interface.

I'm going to be defecting across to PSDeals...

Actually been using my Vita the last few days (just running through PS1 Rayman 2 for the billionth time on there) and whenever I go into the Store the "Download List" always Errors out and never loads (though the Purchases are still acknowledged for the specific game pages... Not every game is still there though to search up) and all my PS+ Games for Vita are no longer listed as "Owned" through it (have to buy them now, could probably get around it if I could access the Download List but I can't 🤷‍♂️)

6 hours ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Actually been using my Vita the last few days (just running through PS1 Rayman 2 for the billionth time on there) and whenever I go into the Store the "Download List" always Errors out and never loads (though the Purchases are still acknowledged for the specific game pages... Not every game is still there though to search up) and all my PS+ Games for Vita are no longer listed as "Owned" through it (have to buy them now, could probably get around it if I could access the Download List but I can't 🤷‍♂️)

Something is probably borked with your system software, I can access my Download List just fine, and it also shows my PS+ titles properly.