Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

Ok so my goal here is for Reverse OCD , while also going for individual badges as well as One Trick PonyLoyalist and Gotta Catch Em All.  I've detail the others below.  In addition, I've learned I'm not good if I don't have options, so I have outlined a list with multiple options per difficulty.

1 - The Walking Dead - PSNP - 10 Hours - Genre: Horror - OR - Grim Fandango - PSNP - 13 Hours - Genre: Comedy

2 - Volume - PSNP - 7 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction - OR - The Artful Escape - PSNP - 4 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction
3 - Final Fantasy VIII - PSNP - 45 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction - OR - Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - PSNP - 85 Hours - Genre: Fantasy - OR - Nier Replicant - PSNP - 70 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction
4 - Fallout 76 - PSNP - 100 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction - OR - Tale of Berseria - PSNP - 110 Hours - Genre: Fantasy - OR - Assassin's Creed Syndicate - PSNP - 35 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction
5 - Lords of the Fallen - PSNP - 40 Hours - Genre: Fantasy - OR - Watch Dogs - PSNP - 50 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction 
6 - Crash Bandicoot 2 - PSNP - 14 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction - OR - Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen - PSNP - 90 Hours - Genre: Fantasy  - OR - Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair - PSNP - 25 Hours - Genre: 

7 - Elden Ring - PSNP - 65 Hours - Genre: Fantasy - OR - Catherine: Full Body - PSNP - 75 Hours- Genre: Horror

8 - Mega Man 11 - PSNP - 15 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction - OR - N++ - PSNP - 75 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction - OR - The Crew - PSNP - 140 Hours - Genre: Racing
9 - Shadow Warrior - PSNP - 50 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction - OR - Spelunky 2 - PSNP - 100 Hours - Genre: Science Fictions - OR - Dead Space 2 - PSNP - 40 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction
10 -  Wolfenstein II - PSNP - 50 Hours - Genre: Science Fiction - OR - Trials Fusion - PSNP - 90 Hours - Genre: Racing 

If I go for the shortest in each category I won't get Grinder, so that won't be an option.  If my math is correct tho, I can pull in one or two and still get it.  If I miss it tho, I can still try it again on my second list.

For the other badges:
Above and Beyond - Fallout 76, Tales of Berseria, The Crew
Anthropomorphic - Crash Bandicoot, Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair
Brownie Points - Final Fantasy VIII
No Plat, No Problem - Trials Fusion
One Trick Pony - Most of the games listed are science fiction or fantasy
Rare Genre - Trials Fusion (Non-Fiction)
Rare Letter - Volume
Loyalist - Every single option comes from PSNP
Top Ten - Wolfenstein 2
PS4 Master - Everything on my list is a ps4 game except Dead Space 2

@Rebourne07 Roulette - So just to spice it up a little, I'd like the three from Rebourne as well.  I'll cut out whatever is on my list for those 3 difficulties and then use whatever Reborune says to use.  (Really want Gotta Catch Um All and I'm one value short lol)

• What types of games do you love? (Be thorough, not just listing genres) Linear RPGs, kind of like Final Fantasy X, side scrolling platformers, with or without stealth, driving games (arcade style not realistic) Horror games (as long as I can fight back)
  • What types of games do you hate? (Be thorough, not just listing genres)Fighters of any kind, realistic sports games, any horror game where you cant defend yourself
  • What PlayStation systems do you own?PS3/PS4/PS5
  • Are you ok with any new / full price games? Sure but seldomly.  I'll be buying Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth day one so nothing that comes out too early in the year.
  • Are you ok with M rated games? Mmhmm.
  • Do you prefer indies, AAA titles or no preference?  Doesn't matter.  Games is gmes.
  • Do you want games from your backlog, games new to you or no preference? I can do backlog games but only if they have guides on PsPlus
  • Are you interested in maximizing badges earned?Yes I am
  • Give me a number 1-3  - 2
  • Give me a number 4-6 - 6
  • Give me a number 7-9 - 7

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MattbluePT said:

Final fantasy IX has a 8/10 on some guides, i used it for the 2023 challenge.

Final Fantasy IX trophy guide

i was talking more about the guide op linked for the 8/10 saying it was a 7/10 (blame my autism lol), but yeah the guide you linked should work for a 8/10. just trying to make sure people aren't confused, probably should had made it clearer

• Like 1

@seannyboy913 Your Minesweeper list is approved, looks great :) Thanks for posting all the details

@serrated-banner9 Thank you for your help cleaning up and adding to the Resources section. I've edited the links on those games with the correct trophy guides so they can stay in the right sections and added your new additions.

@Yuber6969 Yes that will count for the Peripheral Master badge

@graphic_violins8 That's a very ambitious list lol With lots of hardcore badges in it. I might even add a new hardcore badge for x number of hardcore badges achieved in a single list :) I have until January 1st to make badge changes so I might just do that! I'll get back to you on your Rebourne Roulette games. I'll have to work hard to make sure you don't lose any badges with it. If a game I post makes you lose a badge lemme know and maybe we can change it up.

• Like 2

@graphic_violins8 Your Rebourne Roulette games:

2/10 - Normally I'd only do one game, but since you said you are going for the Grinder badge I'll give two choices

Either Farming Simulator 17 if you want the Simmer badge OR Persona 5 Royal to help with the Grinder badge

6/10 - The Talos Principle this one has the Science Fiction genre. Remember: For the One Trick Pony badge the "Fantasy" genre can't be used so if you want that you'll have to double down on Science Fiction

7/10 - Elden Ring I know this is already one of your choices for 7/10, but it's definitely the better of the two haha

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@graphic_violins8 Your Rebourne Roulette games:

2/10 - Normally I'd only do one game, but since you said you are going for the Grinder badge I'll give two choices

Either Farming Simulator 17 if you want the Simmer badge OR Persona 5 Royal to help with the Grinder badge

6/10 - The Talos Principle this one has the Science Fiction genre. Remember: For the One Trick Pony badge the "Fantasy" genre can't be used so if you want that you'll have to double down on Science Fiction

7/10 - Elden Ring I know this is already one of your choices for 7/10, but it's definitely the better of the two haha

Im 100% down and I think I’ll take Persona 5 royal. Thanks for keeping the badges in mind!

• Like 2

On 12/1/2023 at 11:43 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Grandmaster.gif Grandmaster - Earn 3 or more hardcore badges in a single list

Royal-Flush.gif Royal Flush -  All 10 of your games on your list had 1%+ progress BEFORE December 2023

Inspired by @graphic_violins8's list containing lots of hardcore badges in a single list I've decided to add two more hardcore badges. I have until January 1st to make badge changes so this was good. I've had the idea for Royal Flush for a while, but didn't want to have a weird number of 11 hardcore badges and couldn't think of a good 12th one until now. See the Badge Clarifications section in the main post for questions about these two new hardcore badges. 

PS: Neither of these two badges will count against Minesweeper

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

So Royal Flush means that basically if you didn't already have a 10/10 game started but unfinished, it is already impossible to get it? Or we have until January to start one?

Not a big deal but I actually did come up with a path to get all badges in 5 lists so it would be a bit sad to lose out already :P

• Like 1

Royal Flush - All 10 of your games on your list had 1%+ progress BEFORE December 2023

• Any game with any number of trophies > 0 on your account from BEFORE December 2023
  • Many accounts will not be able to get this badge which is ok. Not everyone can earn every badge. However, if you can show me that you can get 7+ games on your list from your backlog and absolutely cannot get more, then you can earn this badge that way.

@VersusCA These are the exact rules. See if you can come up with 7+. Either way, if you get all except one badge and its this one I'll give it to you for free for the massive effort anyway lol Either way I'll work with you. The goal of the challenge is to have fun and if pushing yourself for all badges is what makes it fun, lemme know when issues come up and we'll see what we can do. I'm pretty much an anything goes guy unless it decreases the integrity of the challenge or guide rating system as a whole / affects other players. 

@ShogunCroCop Np man, I myself have 4 kids so I know how you feel! Priorities first man, you're doing great.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Inspired by @graphic_violins8's list containing lots of hardcore badges in a single list I've decided to add two more hardcore badges. I have until January 1st to make badge changes so this was good. I've had the idea for Royal Flush for a while, but didn't want to have a weird number of 11 hardcore badges and couldn't think of a good 12th one until now. See the Badge Clarifications section in the main post for questions about these two new hardcore badges. 

PS: Neither of these two badges will count against Minesweeper

Wow those look hard but are some great additions. Wait i just had a stupid idea for a badge.

First! Hardcore

Be the first person to obtain Every single badge (may or may not excludes the FIRST! badge) 

what can i say, autism can be wired sometimes

anyways noticed that Megaman 11 is listed in both the 8/10 and 10/10 but both link to the same guide with a rating of 8/10, had a quick look around but couldn't see it listed as a 10/10 anywhere (please correct me if i am wrong), i found one guide for a 9/10 (subject to approval as i'm not sure if it's allowed since the guide lacks in detail quite a bit) and for 7/10 but no 10/10's :( 

While i'm here some more to add @Rebourne07

Oh, 1 more question what about unobtainable plats, say if someone did Battlefield: Bad Company for their 9/10 after the server shutdown which meant that they didn't have the online trophies so they can't get the plat, if they were to complete all the other obtainable trophies would it count or not?

1 hour ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Wow those look hard but are some great additions. Wait i just had a stupid idea for a badge.

First! Hardcore

Be the first person to obtain Every single badge (may or may not excludes the FIRST! badge) 

what can i say, autism can be wired sometimes

anyways noticed that Megaman 11 is listed in both the 8/10 and 10/10 but both link to the same guide with a rating of 8/10, had a quick look around but couldn't see it listed as a 10/10 anywhere (please correct me if i am wrong), i found one guide for a 9/10 (subject to approval as i'm not sure if it's allowed since the guide lacks in detail quite a bit) and for 7/10 but no 10/10's :( 

While i'm here some more to add @Rebourne07

Oh, 1 more question what about unobtainable plats, say if someone did Battlefield: Bad Company for their 9/10 after the server shutdown which meant that they didn't have the online trophies so they can't get the plat, if they were to complete all the other obtainable trophies would it count or not?

The hardcore first is already a thing :) It was there for 2023 too but no one did it. I don't really think it can be done, but then again people got very close. If anyone ever actually does it I'd pay out the reward then take it down lol I don't wanna pay out the prize money every year for it. We'll see if it ever gets completed though.

"There are a total of 42 unique badges. However, since the FIRST! badge is only accessible to one person, getting every single badge is essentially earning 41 unique badges (or 42 for the person that earned FIRST!). This would require 5 lists minimum...so it's literally insane, probably the most difficult challenge on PSNProfiles. That said, if anyone actually manages to do it I'll send them an extra $50 USD PSN and commission them a custom signature badge. (Only one winner, first person to do it if multiple people go for it)."

Mega Man 11 is listed as a 10/10 because 10 has the most votes on the poll. 

Thank you for the resources, I'll add those later today.

And no, if a platinum is unobtainable, getting all other trophies wont count. If you happened to get all online trophies before servers went down then finished the rest and got the platinum yeah that'd count. But not being able to get the platinum cause of server closures wouldn't count. 

• Like 1

Longtime lurker...but I've always had my eye on this challenge. I think I'll finally join this year. 😃

What if, along side the OCD badge, I also wanted to pop all the plats within a certain amount of hours of each other? Would that be something badge worthy or would that be too easy? 

For example, I would pop each plat in order 1-10 or 10-1 within 2 hours? Or maybe even an hour? Buzzer Beater Badge? 😅

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Adsum_Infinitus said:

Longtime lurker...but I've always had my eye on this challenge. I think I'll finally join this year. 😃

What if, along side the OCD badge, I also wanted to pop all the plats within a certain amount of hours of each other? Would that be something badge worthy or would that be too easy? 

For example, I would pop each plat in order 1-10 or 10-1 within 2 hours? Or maybe even an hour? Buzzer Beater Badge? 😅

Haha, I love the name Buzzer Beater! I actually did away with badges this year that encouraged people to get all but one trophy then hold on to it to pop at a later time though so I don’t think we’d implement this. Please join though we’d love to have you. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the review!

Updated Minesweeper list:

Spoiler

1 - forma.8 (PS4) - Diff: XBA, Time: 10

2 - Master Reboot (PS3) - Diff: PST, Time: 6

3 - 2064 Read Only Memories (PS4) - Diff: MetaGame, Time: 15

4 - Heavenly Bodies (PS5) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 8

5 - The Callisto Protocol (PS5) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 10

6 - Ghostrunner (PS5) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 12

7 - Tricky Towers (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 15

8 - Downwell (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 20

9 - Serious Sam 3 BFE (PS3) - Diff: PST, Time: 36

10 - Hollow Knight (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 82, averaging results and counting 100+ as 100

Updated 2nd List, attempting Royal Flush here:

Spoiler

Please note I have 7 games with 1+ trophy prior to 12/1/2023. Those are all included on this list, attemting Royal Flush per the badge clarification.

1 - Farming Simulator '22 (PS5) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 50

2 - Endling (PS5) - Diff: PST, Time: 6

3 - The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 20

4 - Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 450

5 - Mighty No. 9 (PS4) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 30

6 - The Witness (PS4) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 25

7 - Flame Over (Vita) - Diff: PST, Time: 38

8 - OlliOlli 2 (PS4) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 35

9 - Malicious (PS3) - Diff: PST, Time: 15

10 - Injustice (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 90

Badges:

• Above & Beyond (GTA V)
  • Anthropomorphic (Endling)
  • Award Winner (The Witness)
  • Backlog Breaker AND Royal Flush (TWD S&S, GTA V, Mighty No. 9, Flame Over, OlliOlli 2, Malicious, & Injustice)
  • No Plat, No problem (Malicious)
  • OCD (Attempt, probably from 1 - 10)
  • Peripheral Master (Flame Over)
  • PS4 Master (TWD S&S, GTA V, Mighty No. 9, OlliOlli 2, Injustice, The Witness)
  • Simmer (Farming Simulator '22)
  • Y Tho? (Farming Simulator '22)
  • 1%er (Injustice)
  • Gotta Catch 'em All (see 12 preceding)
  • Grinder (times above sum to 759 hours)
  • Grandmaster (1%er, Gotta Catch 'em All, Royal Flush, Grinder)
  • Overachiever (Assuming this is 2nd list)

Finally, I'm going to throw in my survey so I can plan for that badge if I'm able to get to a third list! @Rebourne07

Answers:

Spoiler

What types of games do you love? (Be thorough, not just listing genres)

I really love survival horror - or anything in the horror genre. Dead Space 2, Outlast, The Evil Within, and Until Dawn have been some of my favorite games. Also have a soft spot for shooters - but I don’t love the direction COD has been going in for the past few years. 

What types of games do you hate? (Be thorough, not just listing genres)

Co-op games really drive me nuts. I’ve always been a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to gaming - so games/trophies that require other people really annoys me. I don’t mind a game like Borderlands 2 or COD Zombies, where partners make things easier but are option, but Payday 2 and GTA V (online) have both really frustrated me. Additionally, I didn’t own a PS2 so the nostalgia factor isn’t there for me on a lot of older games. Without the nostalgia, it’s hard to get into older games. 

What PlayStation systems do you own?

PS5 (I have other systems but would prefer to play PS5 games)

Are you ok with any new / full price games? 

Yes - I'd love to use this list for the ‘Money Bags’ badge

Are you ok with M rated games?

Yep

Do you prefer indies, AAA titles or no preference?

No strong preference

Do you want games from your backlog, games new to you or no preference?

No preference - hoping for some 2024 titles for the Money Bags badge (though I know difficulty scores are difficult with new games). Here is my PS5 backlog:

Spoiler
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Alan Wake
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite
  • Arcadegeddon
  • Axiom Verge 2
  • Battlefield 2042
  • Biomutant
  • Chivalry 2
  • COD: Cold War
  • Control
  • Death's Door
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • Destruction Allstars
  • Divine Knockout
  • Evil Dead: The Game
  • First Class Trouble
  • Grid Legends
  • Hell Let Loose
  • Hood: Outlaws and Legends
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed
  • Hunter's Arena: Legends
  • Jurassic World Evolution 2
  • Lego 2k Drive
  • Nioh 2
  • Oddworld Soulstorm
  • OlliOlli Word
  • Operation Tango
  • Planet Coaster
  • Powerwash Simulator
  • Sable
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Saints Row (2022)
  • Subnautica
  • Tails of Iron
  • The Persistence
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skate 1 + 2
  • Trek to Yomi
  • Tribes of Midgard
  • Weird West
  • Worms Rumble
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Are you interested in maximizing badges earned?

Yep - hoping to combine PS5 Master, Loyalist, and Money Bags on this list

Give me a number 1-3

Give me a number 4-6

Give me a number 7-9

Edited by KillerUni12
Spoiler 2 was incomplete
  • Like 2

I shall join in as here lately, I have been on a Soulsborne binge due to Lies of P. @LancashireLad87 would be proud as I have finished (completed) both Bloodborne & Sekiro! And that Bloodborne DLC, gosh da*n it is was good!  

274e.png  1/10:  Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!

274e.png  2/10:  Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight

274e.png  3/10:  Trillion: God of Destruction

274e.png  4/10:  Omega Quintet

274e.png  5/10:  Star Ocean: First Departure R

274e.png  6/10:  Tails of Iron

274e.png  7/10:  3D Dot Game Heroes  or Resident Evil Revelations 2  or Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

274e.png  8/10:  Elden Ring

274e.png  9/10:  Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

274e.png  10/10: Hollow Knight

Edited by x410xDragon
Added a game!
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, KillerUni12 said:

Thank you for the review!

Updated Minesweeper list:

Reveal hidden contents

1 - forma.8 (PS4) - Diff: XBA, Time: 10

2 - Master Reboot (PS3) - Diff: PST, Time: 6

3 - 2064 Read Only Memories (PS4) - Diff: MetaGame, Time: 15

4 - Heavenly Bodies (PS5) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 8

5 - The Callisto Protocol (PS5) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 10

6 - Ghostrunner (PS5) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 12

7 - Tricky Towers (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 15

8 - Downwell (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 20

9 - Serious Sam 3 BFE (PS3) - Diff: PST, Time: 36

10 - Hollow Knight (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 82, averaging results and counting 100+ as 100

Updated 2nd List, attempting Royal Flush here:

Reveal hidden contents

Please note I have 7 games with 1+ trophy prior to 12/1/2023. Those are all included on this list, attemting Royal Flush per the badge clarification.

1 - Farming Simulator '22 (PS5) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 50

2 - Endling (PS5) - Diff: PST, Time: 6

3 - The Walking Dead Saints & Sinners (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 20

4 - Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 450

5 - Mighty No. 9 (PS4) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 30

6 - The Witness (PS4) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 25

7 - Flame Over (Vita) - Diff: PST, Time: 38

8 - OlliOlli 2 (PS4) - Diff: PSNP, Time: 35

9 - Malicious (PS3) - Diff: PST, Time: 15

10 - Injustice (PS4) - Diff: PST, Time: 90

Badges:

• Above & Beyond (GTA V)
  • Anthropomorphic (Endling)
  • Award Winner (The Witness)
  • Backlog Breaker AND Royal Flush (TWD S&S, GTA V, Mighty No. 9, Flame Over, OlliOlli 2, Malicious, & Injustice)
  • No Plat, No problem (Malicious)
  • OCD (Attempt, probably from 1 - 10)
  • Peripheral Master (Flame Over)
  • PS4 Master (TWD S&S, GTA V, Mighty No. 9, OlliOlli 2, Injustice, The Witness)
  • Simmer (Farming Simulator '22)
  • Y Tho? (Farming Simulator '22)
  • 1%er (Injustice)
  • Gotta Catch 'em All (see 12 preceding)
  • Grinder (times above sum to 759 hours)
  • Grandmaster (1%er, Gotta Catch 'em All, Royal Flush, Grinder)
  • Overachiever (Assuming this is 2nd list)

Finally, I'm going to throw in my survey so I can plan for that badge if I'm able to get to a third list! @Rebourne07

Answers:

Reveal hidden contents

What types of games do you love? (Be thorough, not just listing genres)

I really love survival horror - or anything in the horror genre. Dead Space 2, Outlast, The Evil Within, and Until Dawn have been some of my favorite games. Also have a soft spot for shooters - but I don’t love the direction COD has been going in for the past few years. 

What types of games do you hate? (Be thorough, not just listing genres)

Co-op games really drive me nuts. I’ve always been a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to gaming - so games/trophies that require other people really annoys me. I don’t mind a game like Borderlands 2 or COD Zombies, where partners make things easier but are option, but Payday 2 and GTA V (online) have both really frustrated me. Additionally, I didn’t own a PS2 so the nostalgia factor isn’t there for me on a lot of older games. Without the nostalgia, it’s hard to get into older games. 

What PlayStation systems do you own?

PS5 (I have other systems but would prefer to play PS5 games)

Are you ok with any new / full price games? 

Yes - I'd love to use this list for the ‘Money Bags’ badge

Are you ok with M rated games?

Yep

Do you prefer indies, AAA titles or no preference?

No strong preference

Do you want games from your backlog, games new to you or no preference?

No preference - hoping for some 2024 titles for the Money Bags badge (though I know difficulty scores are difficult with new games). Here is my PS5 backlog:

Reveal hidden contents
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence
  • Alan Wake
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite
  • Arcadegeddon
  • Axiom Verge 2
  • Battlefield 2042
  • Biomutant
  • Chivalry 2
  • COD: Cold War
  • Control
  • Death's Door
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • Destruction Allstars
  • Divine Knockout
  • Evil Dead: The Game
  • First Class Trouble
  • Grid Legends
  • Hell Let Loose
  • Hood: Outlaws and Legends
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed
  • Hunter's Arena: Legends
  • Jurassic World Evolution 2
  • Lego 2k Drive
  • Nioh 2
  • Oddworld Soulstorm
  • OlliOlli Word
  • Operation Tango
  • Planet Coaster
  • Powerwash Simulator
  • Sable
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Saints Row (2022)
  • Subnautica
  • Tails of Iron
  • The Persistence
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skate 1 + 2
  • Trek to Yomi
  • Tribes of Midgard
  • Weird West
  • Worms Rumble
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon

Are you interested in maximizing badges earned?

Yep - hoping to combine PS5 Master, Loyalist, and Money Bags on this list

Give me a number 1-3

Give me a number 4-6

Give me a number 7-9

Your Minesweeper list is now approved :)

Second list looks good! Could you provide the link where you're getting the 450hrs for GTAV? I believe it, just cant find it myself in the little searching I've done. 

Your 3 Rebourne Roulette games:

2/10 - Maneater

6/10 - Resident Evil 2

E2S82ES.png 

The guide says 5/10 now...but as you can see here it was very recently a 6/10 when my PSNP+ extension recorded its rating...so it'll still count as a 6/10 and towards Loyalist (Don't mind my 1 second autopop time lmao)

8/10 - So this one is really hard. It's an interesting challenge to put these games together with each player's unique restrictions. Your restrictions of no old games, no co-op games, PS5 only and going for Loyalist all make it really hard to find good 8's...so I'll give you two choices and you can choose which to do. Either Deep Rock Galactic which does have co-op, but you have it on your backlog list or Devil May Cry V which would fit the bill perfectly except...in the rules I say I'll never give anyone a 10 and this can be be found on other sites as a 10. So you choose :)

Sorry I can't help with the Money Bags badge...yet. No 2024 game has a trophy guide with a rating so I wont be able to factor that into the Rebourne Roulette badge until later in the year. 

• Like 2

Count me in for this year too!

I didn't complete any 10/10 for the previous edition so my first objective will be to complete an entire list this time. Also I quite like the idea of the Rebourne Roulette so I will implement it in my list.

Here is my first list and the badges I am going for :

274e.png 1/10: Snakeybus (2h, PS4)

274e.png 2/10: Days Gone (80h, PS4)

274e.png 3/10: Mass Effect (30h, RPG, PS4)

274e.png 4/10: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion (50h, RPG, PS5)

274e.png 5/10: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (30h, PS4)

274e.png 6/10: Mass Effect Legendary Edition (100h, RPG, PS4)

274e.png 7/10: Mass Effect: Andromeda (70h, RPG, PS4)

274e.png 8/10: Slay the Spire (150h, RPG, PS4)

274e.png 9/10: The Witness (25h, PS4)

274e.png 10/10: Diablo IV (200h, RPG, PS5)

7AptHd9.pngodWe7mC.pngNnVqfzc.png 8atwz9Z.png PoKXZWi.png ZMyUIcs.png PdQrAjI.png g0GPymH.png KqPK6IM.png rusKixo.png nePxaKd.pngRebourne-Roulette.gif Gotta-Catch.gifJIHoItq.png1a8HRhZ.pngGrinder.gifGrandmaster.gif9ecFreL.png

1. Above and Beyond : Diablo IV - 200h

2. Award Winner : The Witness - 2017

3. Backlog Breaker : Diablo IV, Slay the Spire, Days Gone

4. Brownie Points : Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion

5. Fanboy : Days Gone

6. No Plat No Problem : Mass Effect Legendary Edition

7. OCD

8. Package Deal : Mass Effect, Mass Effect Legendary Edition

9. PS4 Master : 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9

10. Rare Genre : Slay the Spire - Card & Board Game

11. Y tho? : Days Gone

12. Rebourne Roulette : 1,5,7

13. Gotta Catch 'Em All

14. One Trick Pony : 3,4,6,7,8,10 - RPG

15. Series Conqueror : 3,6,7

16. Grinder : 737h

17. Grandmaster : Rebourne Roulette, Gotta Catch 'Em All, Grinder

18. Old School : 3,4,5

@Rebourne07 As for the Roulette Survey, here are my answers

• What types of games do you love? (Be thorough, not just listing genres)
    • I am fond of RPG games (particularly turn based with some strategy), games with captivating stories and/or very good art and music direction. I also particularly like games that have innovative gameplay.
  • What types of games do you hate? (Be thorough, not just listing genres)
    • As for genre, I don't particularly like to play FPS/Sports/Fighting/Racing games in general. I am also not a big fan of stealthing in game (okay if it is just a small portion of the game and not the main focus). Not too fond of multiplayers games in general.
  • What PlayStation systems do you own?
    • PS4 and PS5
  • Are you ok with any new / full price games? 
    • Yes
  • Are you ok with M rated games?
    • Yes
  • Do you prefer indies, AAA titles or no preference?
    • My favorites games are from both categories so no preference!
  • Do you want games from your backlog, games new to you or no preference?
    • No preference
  • Are you interested in maximizing badges earned?
    • Yes. With the 3 slots left on my list, I was hoping to at least get Grinder (the sum estimate on my current list is 585h, so I would need 115h between the 3 games). It would be my 3rd hardcore badge and qualify me for Grandmaster.
      I am also one game short for Old Trick Pony (RPG), Old School and Series Conqueror. The only other ones that I could get on this list would be Anthropomorphic, Rare Letter and Simmer, but since they are one game badges I can get them easily on another list.
  • Give me a number 1-3
  • Give me a number 4-6
  • Give me a number 7-9

I hope everyone will have fun this year as well! Thank you for organising the event!

Edited by Shyjun
  • Like 4

Count me in on this one

My first game list:

spacer.png 1/10 - Life is Strange spacer.png - 6th January 2024
spacer.png 2/10 - Life is Strange: True Colors spacer.png - 6th January 2024
spacer.png 3/10 - Assassin's Creed Origins spacer.png - 1st February 2024
spacer.png 4/10 - A Plague Tale: Requiem spacer.png - 3rd March 2024
274e.png 5/10 - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
274e.png 6/10 - The Talos Principle
274e.png 7/10 - Enter The Gungeon
274e.png 8/10 - Kena: Bridge of Spirits
274e.png 9/10 - I Am Bread
274e.png 10/10 - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

I still need to get ideas for other games + maybe gonna change some in the future

Edited by MasaIDK
Switched 4/10 game
  • Like 2

@Shyjun Your Rebourne Roulette games:

1/10 - Snakeybus Very unique gameplay, wonky but super fun indie game. Short though, so if you want a longer one for Grinder then Life is Strange

5/10 - It's hard to find Old School 5/10 games but there's Turok 2: Seeds of Evil but it's a shooter and only 30hrs so if you don't care about Old School then Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA since it's 80hrs towards Grinder

7/10 - Mass Effect: Andromeda For your Series Master badge and it's an RPG for One Trick Pony

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

Royal-Flush.gif Royal Flush -  7 or more of your games on your list had 1%+ progress BEFORE December 2023

PSA that the Royal Flush badge has been nerfed from 10 to 7 since so many people don't have high difficulty rating games in their backlogs.

• Like 4

Ok, I can't figure out how to squeeze any more badges in, so I'm think I'm ready to commit:

274e.png 1/10: Lacuna (PSNP (wip) 20 hrs, ~3%)

274e.png 2/10: The Forest (PSNP, 55 hrs, 3.6%)

274e.png 3/10: Fallout 4 (PSNP, 70 hrs, 11% -- RPG)

274e.png 4/10: The Last Guardian (P$, 25 hrs, 3%)

274e.png 5/10: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PPx, 150 hrs, 2% -- RPG)

274e.png 6/10: Final Fantasy 7 Remake (P$, 75 hrs, 13.5% -- RPG)

274e.png 7/10: Yakuza Kiwami (P$, 100 hrs, 3.4% -- RPG)

274e.png 8/10: Lumines Remastered (P$, 30 hrs, 1.6%)

274e.png 9/10: Red Dead Redemption (PSTHC, 80 hrs, 3% -- RPG)

274e.png 10/10: XCOM 2 (PST-F, 100 hrs, 0.87% -- RPG)

(Yes, I have no shame for that 9/10, thank you for asking 🙃)

Badges: (12)

Backlog Breaker (XCOM 2, Red Dead, Fallout 4)

Guide Writer (Lacuna - work in progress)

Y Tho? (The Forest)

Award Winner (Fallout 4)

Fanboy (The Last Guardian)

Brownie Points (FF7R)

Above and Beyond (Kingdom Come: Deliverance, plus Yakuza and XCOM)

Old School (Lumines, Yakuza Kiwami, FF7R)

Rare Genre (Lumines - style points for both Party AND Music.)

Rare Letter (XCOM2)

PS4 Master (Everything but Red Dead. That $500 PS5 was a really great purchase.)

One Trick Pony (RPG - 6, tagged above)

🔥 Hardcore🔥 (5)

1%er (XCOM2)

Grinder (705 hours -- all times taken from same sources as difficulty)

Ultra Rare (8 total -- had to add one extra because Lacuna is unreliable.)

Gotta Catch 'em All (12 from regular alone)

Grandmaster (4 hardcore badges)

That's 17 total. I could potentially bump it up to 19 with OCD and finishing another list first, but being 1 short of 20 would probably drive me nuts. Either way, this is way more ambitious than my 2023 list which was 10 badges. (I also have a second (more casual) list planned, but too much TBD to post yet.)

• Like 2