Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2024

On 12/10/2023 at 2:07 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Shyjun Your Rebourne Roulette games:

1/10 - Snakeybus Very unique gameplay, wonky but super fun indie game. Short though, so if you want a longer one for Grinder then Life is Strange

5/10 - It's hard to find Old School 5/10 games but there's Turok 2: Seeds of Evil but it's a shooter and only 30hrs so if you don't care about Old School then Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA since it's 80hrs towards Grinder

7/10 - Mass Effect: Andromeda For your Series Master badge and it's an RPG for One Trick Pony

Thank you for the suggestions! Your description for Snakeybus got me pleasantly intrigued so I will get this one for my 1/10. As for my 5/10, I will go with Ys VIII to get the grinder badge (I would be a few hours short with Turok).

It was a good idea going with the Rebourne Roulette, I am not sure I would have played those games otherwise!

I will update my list with the new games. It is quite ambitious one for me with a whopping 17 badges. Hope I can complete it this time!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Hey there everyone. For this year's challenge I thought of an idea to spice things up a bit. I set up a buymeacoffee prize pool and 100% of donations go to the winners of the challenge. If you want to say thank you to me for hosting this and other events or want to reward the players on here for their effort, please consider contributing a bit to the prize pool. The prize pool, however small or large, will be divided evenly between whoever this year's two winners are at the end of the year. Thank you everyone for your support :)

I put in for 10$ :)

Did you change the criteria for prize winners? The section under "badges and prizes" says the two winners are:

• The player with the most badges overall
  • The player with the most unique badges

But the section right above the Hall of Fame says the winners are:

Prizes

Most Total Badges: TBD

Most Badges in a Single List: TBD

Either way, I will put in another 20$ if someone beats my count for most badges in one list!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VersusCA said:

I put in for 10$ :)

Did you change the criteria for prize winners? The section under "badges and prizes" says the two winners are:

• The player with the most badges overall
  • The player with the most unique badges

But the section right above the Hall of Fame says the winners are:

Prizes

Most Total Badges: TBD

Most Badges in a Single List: TBD

Either way, I will put in another 20$ if someone beats my count for most badges in one list!

Thanks man!!! That's awesome! I'm hoping for the winner's sakes that we can get a good prize pool going cause I feel bad for offering just $25 each for the winners of the PDC 2023 challenge, but that's all I could realistically afford on something like this.

And yes, I decided to change it back to the original category of most unique badges. Though I'm going to have Hall of Fame categories for Most Lists, Most Badges in a Single List, Most Hardcore Badges, etc. Thanks for pointing out the Prizes pieces that wasn't updated, I'll fix that now.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind joining it's only for abit of fun though I can't think of many games at the moment but I have warhammer chaosbane and kena I have started them though but I haven't got the platinums just yet 

1.Burly Men At Sea/Lara Croft Go

5.Knights Of Pen And Paper +1

6.Warhammer Choasbane

7.Bloodborne

8.Kena Bridge Of Spirits

9.Celeste (Should be A 10)

Edited by xNoxPainNoxGainx
  • Like 2

@Rebourne07

• What types of games do you love? thoughtful sci-fi, narrative intrigue, shooters
  • What types of games do you hate? Music games, anything one note or grubby garbage
  • What PlayStation systems do you own? PSvita, PS3, PS4, PS5
  • Are you ok with any new / full price games? Yes
  • Are you ok with M rated games? Yes
  • Do you prefer indies, AAA titles or no preference? No Preference
  • Do you want games from your backlog, games new to you or no preference? Backlog
  • Are you interested in maximizing badges earned? Yes
  • Give me a number 1-3 - 3
  • Give me a number 4-6 - 5
  • Give me a number 7-9 - 8

On 12/8/2023 at 11:36 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Your Minesweeper list is now approved :)

Second list looks good! Could you provide the link where you're getting the 450hrs for GTAV? I believe it, just cant find it myself in the little searching I've done. 

Your 3 Rebourne Roulette games:

2/10 - Maneater

6/10 - Resident Evil 2

E2S82ES.png 

The guide says 5/10 now...but as you can see here it was very recently a 6/10 when my PSNP+ extension recorded its rating...so it'll still count as a 6/10 and towards Loyalist (Don't mind my 1 second autopop time lmao)

8/10 - So this one is really hard. It's an interesting challenge to put these games together with each player's unique restrictions. Your restrictions of no old games, no co-op games, PS5 only and going for Loyalist all make it really hard to find good 8's...so I'll give you two choices and you can choose which to do. Either Deep Rock Galactic which does have co-op, but you have it on your backlog list or Devil May Cry V which would fit the bill perfectly except...in the rules I say I'll never give anyone a 10 and this can be be found on other sites as a 10. So you choose :)

Sorry I can't help with the Money Bags badge...yet. No 2024 game has a trophy guide with a rating so I wont be able to factor that into the Rebourne Roulette badge until later in the year. 

Awesome, thank you! I'm excited to give Resident Evil a try, it's a series I've been meaning to start for ages. 

For the GTA V time, the site should be linked in my original post, but here is the link: https://nodegamers.com/2022/04/14/grand-theft-auto-v-trophy-walkthrough/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KillerUni12 said:

Awesome, thank you! I'm excited to give Resident Evil a try, it's a series I've been meaning to start for ages. 

For the GTA V time, the site should be linked in my original post, but here is the link: https://nodegamers.com/2022/04/14/grand-theft-auto-v-trophy-walkthrough/

Thanks! The one in your post went to the PSNProfiles guide I think but that’s a great find. Perfect game for people going for the Grinder badge. ESPECIALLY considering GTA V will be on Playstation Plus Extra starting this month. 

• Like 1

Count me in!!

My list will be: 

274e.png 1/10:  LOST WORDS: BEYOND THE PAGE

274e.png 2/10: MARVEL´S SPIEDER-MAN: MILES MORALES (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/marvel-spider-man-miles-morales/guide/)

274e.png 3/10: FAR CRY: NEW DAWN

274e.png 4/10: LEGO 2K DRIVE (PSNP)

274e.png 5/10: RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (PSNP)

274e.png 6/10: MORTAL SHELL

274e.png 7/10: CONAN EXILES (PSNP)

274e.png 8/10: TRIALS OF THE BLOOD DRAGON

274e.png 9/10: THE EVIL WITHIN

274e.png 10/10: Hollow Knight (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/hollow-knight-eu/overview/)

My goal is to complete 80% of all the games I have listed here. But I would be very happy if I could do 100%. Depending on how much time I can take, this list seems doable. I'll try to update the list every month or when I finish a game.

Edit:

I forgot that I already had trophies in the games of 4/10, 5/10 and 7/10. So I swapped Days Gone for Lego 2K drive, Lords of the Fallen for Resident Evil 7 and Steep for Conan Exiles. Now the list should fit. And i also swapped Life is Strange 2 for MARVEL`S SPIEDER-MAN: MILES MORALES cause i forgott about this game haha.

Edited by Lenzsotic1
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 4:55 PM, Shyjun said:

Thank you for the suggestions! Your description for Snakeybus got me pleasantly intrigued so I will get this one for my 1/10. As for my 5/10, I will go with Ys VIII to get the grinder badge (I would be a few hours short with Turok).

It was a good idea going with the Rebourne Roulette, I am not sure I would have played those games otherwise!

I will update my list with the new games. It is quite ambitious one for me with a whopping 17 badges. Hope I can complete it this time!

@Rebourne07 Is it still possible to use Turok 2 for my 5/10? I was short 13 hours for Grinder with it hence why I choose Ys over it. But I since then found a longer time estimate for Slay the Spire so I would be good with Turok 2. It fits more the theme of the Rebourne Roulette as it is definitely a game I would not have played otherwise and I am happy to try new things. Cherry on the cake, I get my old school badge.

I already made a decision before so I understand if it is too late and not in the spirit you had with the Roulette.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shyjun said:

@Rebourne07 Is it still possible to use Turok 2 for my 5/10? I was short 13 hours for Grinder with it hence why I choose Ys over it. But I since then found a longer time estimate for Slay the Spire so I would be good with Turok 2. It fits more the theme of the Rebourne Roulette as it is definitely a game I would not have played otherwise and I am happy to try new things. Cherry on the cake, I get my old school badge.

I already made a decision before so I understand if it is too late and not in the spirit you had with the Roulette.

Not too late! That’d be awesome if you played Turok 2! Best old school shooter of all time in my opinion 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Inuty said:

I am curious, do you have any examples for 1/10 difficulty games which are 50 hours or longer? Just cant imagine a 1/10 rating which takes so long haha

Farming Simulator 15

Neko Atsume (200h)

Caravan Stories (125h, mostly idling, free to play)

Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator (100h, also an Ultra Rare platinum)

Frozen Free Fall (100h)

1/10, 50h difficulty search on Platprices (7 games I didn't already link).

• Like 4

Really enjoyed the last two iterations of this challenge, had me complete games that I personally wouldn't have thought to be within my skillset, so I'm ready to test myself again!

Here's my initial list for 2024, subject to any changes I may make during the year.

274e.png 1/10: Toem

274e.png 2/10: Ben 10: Power Trip (PS5)

274e.png 3/10: Shantae: Half Genie Hero (VITA)

274e.png 4/10: God of War Ragnarök (PS5)

274e.png 5/10: Uncharted: Golden Abyss

274e.png 6/10: Cyber Shadow (PS5)

274e.png 7/10: Bastion (PS4)

274e.png 8/10: Rayman Origins (VITA)

274e.png 9/10: The Evil Within (PS4)

274e.png 10/10: Splasher

• Like 2

Hi, I'm fully commited on events this next year, since I've been a part of the PSNP community for around 4 years

my list for now is: 

✖️1/10: Toem 📷

✖️2/10: Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man 👻

✖️3/10: Castlevania Advance Collection 🦇

✖️4/10: Untitled Goose Game 🦆

✖️5/10: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood 🔫

✖️6/10: Hades 🔥

✖️7/10: Blasphemous ☦️

✖️8/10: Yakuza 3 🐉

✖️9/10: Spelunky 2 ☠️

✖️10/10: Splasher 🖌️

• Like 3