[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge 2024!

4 hours ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Almost half-time now - new update! :D

I changed a few colors from last time. All in all, I like how it looks, most colors are even pretty close to the basic color example!

All the changes I made:
Tan - How to Survive 2
Orange - Ratchet: Deadlocked --->  none anymore

Maroon - Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX

Purple - Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Deep Purple - The Messenger
Blue - Goat Simulator --->  Jotun
Light Blue - SudoCats

Green - Goat Simulator --->  none anymore

Light Green - Donut County
Brown - Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire --->  Ratchet: Deadlocked

Grey - Chicken Police: Paint it RED

Black - Observation

I have a nice orange right up ahead. Pink and green could be a problem, same as last year 😂 But there's still a 7 months left, I guess I'll find something eventually 👌

Kaleidoscope.png

Great color match ups, Dude! 😄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vsvpl1501 said:

Purple - Celeste

With celeste, I hardly knew what to expect, except that you can activate help if you get stuck. In the beginning, it was really fun to slowly try my hand at the first difficult passages. At some point, I reached the limit of my comfort zone and activated one or the other help from time to time. But once you got used to it, it was difficult to play without it. 🙂 

I agree with you, Assist Mode is a nice thing. The saving grace is that there is a trophy for doing the 8-bit version of Celeste, and this mode has no Assists so you have to do it legit. However, it's only a handful of levels and the game respawns you quickly and you just practice and practice until you get it done. I am willing to accept the 'cheating' as I like the music and the gameplay but I suck at Kaizo games where you have to pull off sick Super Mario Odyssey moves to clear a screen.

I will probably put this in the same slot for my third Rainbow Card, as I am starting to run out of options for purple game images that I would play. (This means that this will be the only Kaledioscope event I ever play in my life unless 2025 drops a ton of colorful and fun titles. :lol:)

• Like 2

So, what color do you think the Oceanhorn 2 image is dominant in? I need to know, I have some ideas for games but I'd like to put that image on my second card. Probably going to use the game I am currently playing for Black unless the background of Nexomon: Extinction is transparent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

So, what color do you think the Oceanhorn 2 image is dominant in? I need to know, I have some ideas for games but I'd like to put that image on my second card. Probably going to use the game I am currently playing for Black unless the background of Nexomon: Extinction is transparent.

I think green is fine for Oceanhorn 2 personally. Green or light blue works best imo.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Limitedsphere said:

I think i'll do the Spongebob game on plus for Deep Purple, but I don't know what I'll do for light green. Any good suggestions? 

Just a few other ideas from my list (other suggestions have been excellent btw):

Siphon Filter 3

Donut County 

Yooka Laylee

If you're looking for something quick... Awesome Pea, Croc's world, or Frogger will check the box.

You could also get inspiration from completed cards or other cards as well. We definitely all do that to some degree! 😆

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JadedDragos said:

I just platted a game and it has a lot more black then Far Cry 3, would it be feasible to either put Far Cry 3 on red or white?

I could see Far Cry 3 working for Red, yeah👍

• Like 2