Bingo Bonanza 2024

On 5/8/2024 at 3:35 AM, CecieAngel said:

Edit: Might be a dumb question but I haven't seen anything about this in the first post of this thread. Do only the games count I complete from now on or can I use games I have finished in 2024 even before entering the event?

@Squirlruler correct me if I am wrong, but I am 99% sure you can count anything that meets the criteria that you completed in 2024. Otherwise, all of us have had an unfair start on you! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ArkhamRittter said:

hey sorry if this is the complete wrong place to ask this but i see a lot of people put months in reference to their games does it have to be one a month?

No, you can post as many times as you want, there's no monthly limit. 

• Like 1

I think I can finish two Bingos this weekend. I found a game that was censored in America(visual novel) but I just need a Cult Favorite, and I don't know where I can find a list of those or what games classify as one. I could put down a Player's Choice but I am going to save that for later as my last choice was long done by the time I thought about using it. <_<

48 minutes ago, nyx770 said:

Anyone has recommendations for  play as anti hero game ?  Trying to figure out good options for this one .

Here are some games that I think would fit:

No Heroes Allowed!

The Last of Us Part II

inFamous: Second Son

LEGO DC Super-Villains

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

No More Heroes 3

• Like 3

On 5/14/2024 at 7:59 PM, nyx770 said:

Anyone has recommendations for  play as anti hero game ?  Trying to figure out good options for this one .

I had a look at your trophy list to see what kind of games are your jam, and I think I have a few "anti-hero" games that probably fit the bill and I reckon you would get a kick out of (we have a lot of crossover in our tastes, it seems!):

Weird West

Blacktail

Laika: Aged Through Blood

Griftlands

Tails Noir

My Friend Pedro

Hotline Miami

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ArkhamRittter said:

I have a couple questions

DLC Pack or standalone DLC do i literally just need to complete the dlc or the plat too?
Cult favorite: literally just popular games?

I'm guessing completing only the DLC for that challenge should be fine. I think inFamous: First Light could be considered as a standalone DLC, if you don't want to do just a DLC.

Cult favorite is a little tricky, I would say it's a game that didn't sell very well, but you still hear people talk about it. Okami, Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, and Dreams would probably work for this, but you could just try googling cult classic games and see what you find.

• Like 2

Unfortunately it looks like I won't ever get a Blackout on my card due to the "Release the Year You Joined PSNP", as I was basing it on the year I started putting up accounts for PSNP, which was 2009... and unless I want to buy one of the big PS3 uglies off of Amazon.com as you can't buy them anymore(Hannah Montana or Terminator Salvation, which were the EZPZ back in their day), the only option would be Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, and the last time I played THAT game, the game froze in the middle of a cutscene and was unplayable. (I don't know if it was a physical version I was playing but that traumatized me as the scene froze on Dr. Nefarious's ugly robotic face. :()

Best I can go for is a Triple Bingo as I have several slots where I can get a Bingo. If there was a list of cult favorites I could see if that's a feasible spot for me.

5 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

Unfortunately it looks like I won't ever get a Blackout on my card due to the "Release the Year You Joined PSNP", as I was basing it on the year I started putting up accounts for PSNP, which was 2009... and unless I want to buy one of the big PS3 uglies off of Amazon.com as you can't buy them anymore(Hannah Montana or Terminator Salvation, which were the EZPZ back in their day), the only option would be Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, and the last time I played THAT game, the game froze in the middle of a cutscene and was unplayable. (I don't know if it was a physical version I was playing but that traumatized me as the scene froze on Dr. Nefarious's ugly robotic face. :()

Best I can go for is a Triple Bingo as I have several slots where I can get a Bingo. If there was a list of cult favorites I could see if that's a feasible spot for me.

Why not ask if something that ORIGINALLY released in 2009 would count, even if it's been re-released?

For example they literally just put out a new version of Braid, but that was originally a 2009 game?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Why not ask if something that ORIGINALLY released in 2009 would count, even if it's been re-released?

Okay... would a remake of a game that released in 2009 count towards "Released the year you joined PSNP?"

7 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

You can just do a re-release if you can't play the original. That's what I did for mine and it was fine. Since anything that long ago is going to be extremely difficult otherwise. I joined in 2007, and I know how hard it can be to find something from back then to play. Especially since a lot of those games are pretty expensive now, and I've already played most of the original versions of games from that year. From what I've seen, as long as you can justify it counting for a square, and it's in the spirit of the event, then it's fine.

Don't know if full on remakes count, but just glancing through the list you've got plenty of options for ports. Like Bayonetta released that year and it got a PS4 port. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 released that year, and is part of the Ninja Gaiden Master collection. Uncharted 2 was released that year and you can get that in the Uncharted Collection. Arkham Asylum released that year and you can get it in the Arkham Collection. None of those games are on your profile either, so they're all options. I'm sure there's a lot more too.