Bingo Bonanza 2024

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I do have one question about a square: what does the HYPE! square represent? I'm kinda confused by it; is it I was hype for a game, overall sentiment towards it or something else?

I think you can use it for both, but you could probably also use it for a game that you have heard other people hype, even if you were not hyped for it yourself.

• Like 3

I was going to update but I have to reconsider my choice for Oldest Game in Your Backlog. I just popped Cat Quest was had not been touched since September... but I have a ton of games I am not going to get the final trophy in until July when FFXIV Dawntrail comes down, so technically, they would be the oldest in my backlog. What constitutes oldest? Cat Quest was the earliest but it now got platinum trophied at 5 months, 2 weeks. The other games I will pop, especially FFXIV, will probably have taken longer to complete. I did get one addition to the Bingo card, though: G4, Spawned an Expanded Universe, in Final Fantasy VII. There are some novels and a movie set in Gaia.

I'll put the BINGO card up soon. :(

• Like 1

Hey @Squirlruler I have a few games that I could fill out, but all are a little questionable/ indefinable for the categories, so figured I'd hit you  with the questions, rather than filling it out, then having the horrifying, unimaginable shame of having to remove them! 😱

Question The First:

I'm playing Balatro, and don't actually expect to platinum it, as it looks to be something like a 2000-3000 hour platinum, but because it's a deck builder, I'm not really sure what would be considered "finishing" for the purposes of this event.

I've finished a gold tier run (the highest difficulty), which might be considered "finished" - would that count as enough?

Question The Second:

I've got an auto-popped list of FFVIIRemake from recently - are auto pops considered acceptable or not?

Also, if they are acceptable...

Question The Third:

So.... this one is a little tricky.

I have Final Fantasy Remake done (pending the answer to the second question, of course), and also have Resident Evil 4 Remake done (at least, story complete.)

I also have 3 different categories on my list:

"Retro Re-Release (Originally Without Trophies)"

"Reboot or Spiritual Successor"

"Spawned an Extended Universe"

In both cases those games belong to a franchise that had expansive extended universes - but they are both technically part of those extended universes, rather than the thing that spawned the extended universe.

Also, they are also both definitely "reboots"...

...but are they also considered "Retro Re-releases" of games that originally didn't have trophies...

...or does the fact that they are remakes preclude them from that category?

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm playing Balatro, and don't actually expect to platinum it, as it looks to be something like a 2000-3000 hour platinum, but because it's a deck builder, I'm not really sure what would be considered "finishing" for the purposes of this event.

I've finished a gold tier run (the highest difficulty), which might be considered "finished" - would that count as enough?

Yea, that's fine to consider "finished".

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I've got an auto-popped list of FFVIIRemake from recently - are auto pops considered acceptable or not?

Yea that's fine, you can use auto-pops

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In both cases those games belong to a franchise that had expansive extended universes - but they are both technically part of those extended universes, rather than the thing that spawned the extended universe.

I wouldn't think these would be for the retro re-release, since they technically aren't a re-release but new games. The other two categories would work for both. For the spawning an expanded universe, I would say anything from the franchise that spawns the universe. I think it would be a little too restrictive if the game had to have an exact correlation to the extra content.

• Like 4