Defeating Dark Magus Sisters

Venocide

So I maxed out my sphere grid yesterday for all characters and decided to down all the dark aeons. I managed to kill Valefor, Ifrit & Ixion without trouble but the Magus Sisters kill me every time. I tried doing them one by one but I can't hit Cindy at all, every attack misses. I think it's because my luck is so low (48-50).

I feel like my only option is to use Yojimbo's Zamanto but getting him to pull it off is a nightmare. 

You'll need at least 100 luck to fight the dark aeons legit. For the Magus sisters especially, it'd be easiest to just Zanmato. To save money, you can just save before going to fight the sisters, give him 1mil, and if he doesn't do it reload. 1mil is enough to give a decent chance to Zanmato and low enough that it shouldn't destroy your wallet. It never takes me more than a couple of tries when I use that method. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply's all.

Looks like I'm gonna have to rely on Zamanto since all my characters sphere grids are maxed out, my luck is stuck at 48.  

You'll need at least 100 luck to fight the dark aeons legit. For the Magus sisters especially, it'd be easiest to just Zanmato. To save money, you can just save before going to fight the sisters, give him 1mil, and if he doesn't do it reload. 1mil is enough to give a decent chance to Zanmato and low enough that it shouldn't destroy your wallet. It never takes me more than a couple of tries when I use that method. 

I have over 2mil so I'll keep trying this method. I read somewhere that the chance of Yojimbo using Zamanto increases if you have a good relationship with him. Any idea if that's true?

Looks like I'm gonna have to rely on Zamanto since all my characters sphere grids are maxed out, my luck is stuck at 48.  

I have over 2mil so I'll keep trying this method. I read somewhere that the chance of Yojimbo using Zamanto increases if you have a good relationship with him. Any idea if that's true?

You could fight them separately and for cindy use aim A LOT (like 4-5 times at the start of the battle) and you will hit her like 2 out of 3 times with that luck.

You could fight them separately and for cindy use aim A LOT (like 4-5 times at the start of the battle) and you will hit her like 2 out of 3 times with that luck.

I tried that dude but every shot missed. Doesn't matter now anyway because I beat them with Zamanto. :D Gave him 1 mil and only took 2 attempts.

Zantetsuken!! My favourite Final Fantasy summon.

Make your life easier by paying Yojimbo, someone said you need luck when you plan on fighting Penance but who needs luck when you have money?!

This^ lol

It worked on Dark Bahamut first try. :)

Zanmato is lame, anyway, to increase luck you have to use clear spheres, remove useless nodes (any stat that is not +4 for example) and replace them with luck spheres, you can also hit dark mindy using overdrives if I recall correctly

• Like 1

It is true, on my PS2 save he would come out without me even calling him at the start of random battles and would do Zanmato for me for free, he even did it to some bosses. The way I did it was by calling him on every random battle, pay him 1000 gil and then dismiss him, after a while he would do stuff for me at no cost and by the end he would come in without even me calling him. Also it depends of what you tell him when you recruit him.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's true, but it doesn't increase the chance by all that much. It's definitely not worth grinding it out. I've read that the highest chance you can get is only 13%, and that's if you give him 252mil and he has max affection and overdrive. 

• Like 1

I was overwhelmed by this game's need of grind (and i don't dig the grid system, i prefer a good'ol Lv one) so i barely ever got to use Yojimbo (heck i never defeated Jecht's second form) but i recall seeing a detailed FAQ about that in Gamefaqs, maybe it anwsers your question

It is true, on my PS2 save he would come out without me even calling him at the start of random battles and would do Zanmato for me for free, he even did it to some bosses. The way I did it was by calling him on every random battle, pay him 1000 gil and then dismiss him, after a while he would do stuff for me at no cost and by the end he would come in without even me calling him. Also it depends of what you tell him when you recruit him.

If i recall the best anwser was "to defeat the mightiest foes" wasn't it?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the reply's :) I manged to kill all the dark aeons using Zamanto but now Dark Yojimbo is causing me problems. I know you have to beat him 5 consecutive times and I can't see myself Zamantoing my way through this one lol I need a good strategy if any body has one. 

I'm currently filling up my sphere grid, good to know I'm gonna need a tonne of luck spheres..... looks like I'm finally going to have to get round to breaking the HP-Limit....

That's one thing i don't like about this game, the fact that every character can learn any skill and be raised to the same status results.