Best Way to get Holo cards as NMS?

megabassxz

2 hours ago, mcpetrus said:

small update from me: I farmed MT again to 700k almost exclusively with single player... with domination you can earn 5-8k per game... plus challenges... agendas... season pass etc. which also yield MT.

Anyway I had better luck this time. I now have 5 holocards. I only opened the playoff base packs ... about 300 of them. The best card I pulled was a 98 SGA that was worth 45k MT. The holocards were all emerald and ruby. On average I was able to reinvest around 15-20k mt from the packs of 20 for 75k.

That was my last farming. I'm betting everything that 2k will post holocards again for 15,000 VC.

In Domination, did you play on the lowest difficulty possible or went for 99 Stars to get prizes like Galaxy Opal LeBron James? Anything past All-Star difficulty I’m starting to fumble against the AI lol.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

In Domination, did you play on the lowest difficulty possible or went for 99 Stars to get prizes like Galaxy Opal LeBron James? Anything past All-Star difficulty I’m starting to fumble against the AI lol.

No with domination I would always play on the most difficult of the three difficulty levels. If you have a good squad with at least ten 96s or higher it's no problem to beat your opponent high even at Hall of Fame.

(In my Opinion!)

But you may need a three-point shooter with whom you can score blindly. If you score on every attack it doesn't matter what happens on defense (really not easy on Hall of Fame). For me for example it was a 96 Ja Morant with which I sank practically every three-pointer.

By the way, I have also accumulated around 80 reward cards but none of them are holo even though it is supposed to be possible.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mcpetrus said:

small update from me: I farmed MT again to 700k almost exclusively with single player... with domination you can earn 5-8k per game... plus challenges... agendas... season pass etc. which also yield MT.

Anyway I had better luck this time. I now have 5 holocards. I only opened the playoff base packs ... about 300 of them. The best card I pulled was a 98 SGA that was worth 45k MT. The holocards were all emerald and ruby. On average I was able to reinvest around 15-20k mt from the packs of 20 for 75k.

That was my last farming. I'm betting everything that 2k will post holocards again for 15,000 VC.

I got inspired by this and opened 120 packs myself. 0 holo's. Side question, is there any special animation when you open a holo?

So the best we can do is farm at least 200k MT to buy some Holo packs in the future. Although 2k is a terrible company, the end-game packs are usually tremendously good if you have plenty of resources. Well, back on 2k22 I was spending like 200MT in the best packs for a Holo card, so I am counting on having Holo-guaranteed packs available at some point :)

56 minutes ago, flynwhitesausage said:

There is a repeatable holo series 2 exchange that showed up today. 1o series 2 gold's. One hour cooldown

Thanks for the heads up! Just checked it out from 2K24 MyTEAM Mobile game and the event showed up, got my 1st Holo now, 12 more to go...

You can buy Gold Series 2 players for around 525 MT, so it costs 5250 MT for an exchange Holo pack.

Also, another note is that the player from the exchange pack is also sellable, so you can recover some MT (or even make MT if you’re lucky).

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, PeacefulGuy0 said:

Update:

My team > Collect > The Exchange > Players > '24 NBA: Series 2 Holo Pack (REPEATABLE)

10 Gold players from series 2 = 1 Holo Player

GL everyone

I see the game is on PS Plus Extra.

Sounds like even for someone starting today, the Holos would be pretty easy/quick to do, yeah?  By my math, you only need 65K MT.  5K x 13.

Not sure I want to take the time the platinum but maybe worth it to knock out this trophy now just in case.

Is this a limited time promotion or should last indefinitely?

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Sounds like even for someone starting today, the Holos would be pretty easy/quick to do, yeah?  By my math, you only need 65K MT.  5K x 13.

Not sure I want to take the time the platinum but maybe worth it to knock out this trophy now just in case.

Unknown if this is permanent or if it is limited time. They did a few things for earth day so there is a chance it will be for a limited time. That being said most limited time exchanges have a countdown for when they expire, and this one does not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

If you do the PS4 version, run for the NBA Today trophy!!

Thanks all for the heads up this will make this trophy a breeze hopefully it stays for a while. It has a cool down of 1 hour lol I bought like 50 gold players ready to knock this achievement out right away lol 😂 have to wait 

2 hours ago, israellaks said:

If you do the PS4 version, run for the NBA Today trophy!!

Ha, no, one version (ps5) is enough!

So what is the best way to earn MT for a new player?  Triple Threat games are quick but will still take a long time as you earn very little.  I wish they still had the Auction House where you could flip cards for a profit.  Sigh…

17 minutes ago, djb5f said:

So what is the best way to earn MT for a new player?  Triple Threat games are quick but will still take a long time as you earn very little.  I wish they still had the Auction House where you could flip cards for a profit.  Sigh…

Well, I am not the best person to help you, but IMHO it's Domination '24 NBA: Series 2. Around 5k MT per match if you manage to win by 10.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, djb5f said:

CT Offline was the easiest money for me. At all star its 1250MT per game but the door prize which can get you some nice coin as well. Dom is also easy money.

• Like 1

Because I was contacted and some people apparently don't know: Don't buy packs for the gold players...

just go to the players market - press triangle and select the color gold and the slogan: NBA Series 2 and just buy the players.

Since I was still missing 7 holos and I had enough VC i bought 70 players.

So far I've been lucky and haven't caught anyone twice.

If you just want to farm MT or VC because of the holos and have no other goals i would play MyCarreer.

It depends on how far along you are in your career but I get 1.5k VC for an NBA game (around 15 min) and you only need 2.5k VC for 10 players.

Maybe you'll be lucky and get a sponsorship appointment which usually gets you 2-3k vc.

Otherwise domination or clutch time offline are also possible

Also I think this is a permanent exchange there are no timers above the exchange and the other Series 2 exchanges have been out for a long time so there’s no way they’re going to be removed anytime soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drizzora- said:

Also I think this is a permanent exchange there are no timers above the exchange and the other Series 2 exchanges have been out for a long time so there’s no way they’re going to be removed anytime soon

Hopefully this is great news though.

• Like 1

I’d have enough for a roster but I’ve gotten several duplicates and NONE of my pulls can play PG or SG lol.  So I need at least 4 more, probably 10+ more packs before I actually pull the right positions ha!  

What are the odds that ~15 players pulled and none are PG or SG!  

I mean it’ll happen but it’s kind of funny.  

EDIT - got it.  I was thinking I needed a backup PG and SG but you don’t.  You get warned you might forfeit if you don’t have a backup and you need one but you can proceed.  I played a 1 minute in the 4th Q challenge to get the trophy, don’t have to play a full game.

Edited by djb5f

Instead of pulling packs, there's now an option to exchange 10 gold players from the '24 NBA: Series 2 theme for a guaranteed holo pack which you can repeat with a 1hr cooldown. You can find the pack in The Exchange and to get the cards you can filter the Player Market to meet the theme and color with each card costing 250 VC or 525 MTP. Will take you 13 hours minimum and 32,500 VC or 68,250 MTP depending on your choice of currency, assuming you have no previous holos.

Edited by Voss_Wtr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2024 at 3:03 AM, Voss_Wtr said:

Instead of pulling packs, there's now an option to exchange 10 gold players from the '24 NBA: Series 2 theme for a guaranteed holo pack which you can repeat with a 1hr cooldown. You can find the pack in The Exchange and to get the cards you can filter the Player Market to meet the theme and color with each card costing 250 VC or 525 MTP. Will take you 13 hours minimum and 32,500 VC or 68,250 MTP depending on your choice of currency, assuming you have no previous holos.

Genuinely bro god bless your soul

• Like 1