3 hours ago, h1tm4nXx_095 said:

Who are the optimal characters?

Tonix, Jet Justice, Mel T and Penny Gynn, I think

Just now, Zynol said:

How do you switch to the JP server?

From the Options of the main menu. You can't do it while on the lobby

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mcpaddolive said:

Does anyone know if the Core Powers upgrades you make prior to joining a squad mission actually have any difference or is the missions purely based on your own skill/tactic and everyone else?

It makes a difference, but only if the rest of your team has upgrades as well.

I think it is a bit of luck finding a compentent team but got lucky last night and matched with a team that had Tonix, Mel T and Gwyn so I used Jet and its easily the best combo. You can usually tell its not going to be a good run when your other team mates pick other characters. As others have said Tonix, Mel T and Jet are essential there is wiggle room on the 4th.

I played many missions using Soa with a team of good players, but we never managed to get past the last wave, the problem? Nobody was using Jet. After that,I decided to pick him and won the trophy shortly after. I can't stress this enough, someone needs to be using Jet, he will be the support, responsible for slowing down and stunning enemies with the charged shot, without him, no matter how good you are, you'll get overwhelmed eventually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Angulus said:

Is useful to upgrade core powers? Can I farm points to level up all skills to max level?

And I'm reading all talking about turrets... but what is this? How can I create turrets?

Turrets are one of the blue upgrades at the end of the wave this is where you need a bit of luck getting the option after you finish a wave. Turrets and Ice Cream Balls are very useful for hard mission.

• Like 1

Got it today. My team was:

Jet Justice

Mel T

Pen Gwyn

Rave Breaker

(I know Tonix is a better option but my team managed to win without her)

My strategy was stay near the core all the time spamming Jet Justice charging attack and L1 skill when many monsters were near the core. Mel T is OP and she is a MUST. Pen Gwyn did a good job killing enemies and Breaker was good to foam the floor (another good alternative would be SOA and Baristador)

After each wave I chose always BLUE SKILLS to have extra help like automatic missiles when I do damage or an aura. But the best skill are the TURRETS. Choose always turrets if you have the option. Another good option for Jet is the faster recharge.

Good luck to all! It's easier that you think if you find a good team!

Edited by Angulus

Just won one effortlessly with randoms not too long ago. Team comp was:

Soa

Jet Justice
Tonix (me)

Mel T

I stayed on the right side the entire time, placing turret either dead on facing right or angle to the left to cover more ground. Didn't get a lot of Blue upgrades, so I put a lot of points into cooldown reduction so that I could spam my turret and grenade as much as possible. 

I used my ultimate moreso to body block myself from the sniper enemies. I got 3 blue upgrades by the end of it, lv 1 shuriken and level 2 gravity one.

I think this might be the optimal comp. I didnt even focus on anything else but the left side and we beat every wave without a hitch. Only tough wave was 9 but even then we were cleaning house. 

Also keep in mind I have a nice spread of upgrade levels across all of the options, with a heavier focus on turret and foam damage. I hope this can help someone get that trophy, Ive been trying for hours on and off multiple days!

Jet Justice is certainly the most important character as his stuns are so important, most notably for the charging pigs. One thing that I noticed was that getting a foam up upgrade during a wave is actually surprisingly useful. Leads to much more foam build up then you might expect and the foam slows enemies down.

Finished squad missions hard with every character in public matches, here are some notes to help you out.

TL;DW: The closest player to beasties spawn will be targeted. If you are able to dodge and draw enemy fire away from the center/towards your team mates, I recommend doing so by sticking to the right/left wall. Go with a DPS character that has good Crowd Control abilities such as Agito, Mel T, or Penny to manage your row and stun targets.

General notes: Upgrade your abilities and roll for good bubble gem sets (bottom option in the character customization menu).

I recommend to upgrade DPS upgrades, reload speed, movement speed, damage resistance/recovery, skill cool downs, revives speed then turret upgrade in that order.

Stun large enemies.

Foam up the floor before the round starts.

Use your abilities before picking your support skill, by the time the round actually starts, they will be fully charged.

Ground level foam DOES NOT slow down enemies. Only foam that is "lumpy" (for lack of a better term) will slow down enemies since they are all floating above the ground.

Missions scale off the amount of players in the game. Running solo is much easier than a four man group.

Use your ULTS.

Pick up ice cream drops before the round starts.

Character specific stuff:

SAO: Her grenade recharges fairly fast, use it.

Bubble step is a decent escape if you jump first then use the move.

Her ULT can stun enemies, run around and chain stun big enemies after they recover from their initial stun.

Agito: His shark skill can stun enemies if you run into them, but you can take damage from getting hit by enemy foam.

His shuriken can launch you if you stand in the blast radius.

Tonix: Hardest character to use in Squad mission IMO.

Her ULT and Turret are good CC abilities.

If you see her ability in the support skill power up menu, I recommend getting it.

Jet: His fully charged regular attack CAN STUN large enemies.

Foam upgrades work great with him.

Vacuum sphere grenade does a small amount of damage when it explodes.

Penguin clone support skill only copies your regular fire and NONE OF THE CHARGED attacks

Penny: Ult is a great line clear attack that can stun.

Good damage.

Two charges of her CC abilities.

Great all rounder.

Breaker: If his land mines don't get triggered during the round, they automatically explode during the support skill picking phase.

Pick your support skill fast and start foaming up the floor.

Foam built up is great on him.

Baristador: 95% the same as Breaker.

Has a decent CC ability.

Ult is great but REALLY SLOW

Mel T: Great DPS

Great CC and massive burst damage abilities.

Her ULT can stun larger enemies and will eliminate smaller enemies. However you can be knocked out of it.

Good luck on your runs.

• Like 3

The third menu under Missions, do those upgrades work in PvP too? And under the individual character menu, there is an upgrade system with letters like A and S. I don't understand how this works but does this help in missions or is this the PvP upgrade option? Thanks. 

Hi All,

Maybe it's just me, but my games today have felt easier, with getting to wave 10 being no problem on my first and then I got the trophy on my second game.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:08 PM, PortaLuna said:

The third menu under Missions, do those upgrades work in PvP too? And under the individual character menu, there is an upgrade system with letters like A and S. I don't understand how this works but does this help in missions or is this the PvP upgrade option? Thanks. 

The third menu under missions are specific to the PvE mode, they would be very unbalanced in pvp and I can see from my gamepplay they don't apply.

For the A to S upgrade I personally think they are pvp only, but others have disagreed with this before now. Their impact is much lower than the ones in the missions menu.

Game is an absolute waste of time.

On 2/13/2024 at 10:49 PM, Vitallani said:

It makes a difference, but only if the rest of your team has upgrades as well.

Edited by Wilktron
Edit: completed

I was ready to give up on this for now, but the last few posts got me fired up to try again. Immediately got matched with a group of badasses and knocked it out easy. I didn't realize high foam helps slow them down. I am a Jet main, I was staying up front which ruins his foam build up. Hung back and provided support and stunned big threats. Shout out to @imskiller99s tips.

• Like 2

If you're finding it challenging, here's a proven solution that might work for you. I have done this on both PS4 and PS5 versions with successful results:

1. Navigate to the main screen of the game.

2. Look for and click on the "Option" button.

3. In the options menu, change your region to Japanese, regardless of your actual location.

4. Once your region is set to Japanese, queue up for a squad mission. You can select either "Medium" or "Hard" difficulty.

This step should significantly increase your chances of getting paired with a highly skilled squad.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1