Squad Mission (HARD)

TheSackoBowl

3 minutes ago, TheSackoBowl said:

Whilst its setup for 4 players, playing with 3 and turning off match making makes this MUCH easier

Does it make less monster appear? I just got to round 10 and we lost almost at the very end. Pain.

Edited by Akrioz

20 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Does it make less monster appear? I just got to round 10 and we lost almost at the very end. Pain.

Yes for us there were less...granted there are still rounds where youll get overwhelmed BUT the health on them seemed a lot lot lower so taking them out was much easier

• Like 1

Good to know that game seems to scale based on number of players for the Squad Missions.

Questions I have:

• Don't the Core Upgrades make it inevitable that you will eventually just over power the enemies even on Hard?
  • Whose Core Upgrades apply when playing Squad Mission? The host? All players individually? An average?

1 hour ago, cusman said:

Good to know that game seems to scale based on number of players for the Squad Missions.

Questions I have:

• Don't the Core Upgrades make it inevitable that you will eventually just over power the enemies even on Hard?
  • Whose Core Upgrades apply when playing Squad Mission? The host? All players individually? An average?

Core upgrades apply to the individual

And youd think it would overpower everything in time but ive got a fair few stats maxed and it doesnt make that much of a difference. However, Skill Power seems to be very good upgraded fully

• Like 1

The person playing Jet should get Liquid Efficiency to 6 so they could shoot three fully charged shots. Don't waste a wave upgrade onto this. Also it highly depends on the RNG you get with support skills. We tried for an hour and finally managed to win with some turrets and bombs.

I honestly thought we lost though.

Edited by Akrioz

3 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

The person playing Jet should get Liquid Efficiency to 6 so they could shoot three fully charged shots. Don't waste a wave upgrade onto this. Also it highly depends on the RNG you get with support skills. We tried for an hour and finally managed to win with some turrent and bombs.

I honestly thought we lost though.

Yeah the RNG aspect is what makes it hard

6 hours ago, TheSackoBowl said:

Tips for those who may struggle with this...

Whilst its setup for 4 players, playing with 3 and turning off match making makes this MUCH easier.

In terms of end of round power ups always ALWAYS prioritise the turrets and ice cream balls. They are essential as last lines of defence. Upgrading these over shot power etc will lead you to glory.

Rounds 3, 5, 7 and 10 are always more hectic so save your ults as required. 5 being a key turning point in many runs.

Tonix, Mel T and Jet Justice seem to be the optimal trio if youre going into this one with 3. Tonix turret should always be down at a 45 degree angle at the side of the field to help the whole team. Jet Justice is great for creating mounds of foam to slow the enemies whilst the Battle Pass hero Mel T is the most OP character in the game, key for locking on and taking out the pesky longer range enemies like the bats

Happy hunting!

I would also highly recommend getting some upgrades while you can even if they’re light upgrades, they will help

I've played at least a dozen matches today. Only getting past wave 7 once, usually dieing on wave 3-5. This is just not possible without an extreme amount of luck. The upgrades do nothing, the wave reward upgrades do nothing. The foam doesn't slow down the mobs like it says they do. 

Remind me when a patch comes out to balance this. 

• Like 1

I don't think this is as RNG reliant as people think. Luck can help for sure! However, I think the most important  thing to ensure you have atleast 3 people playing "optimal" characters.

To stress this again you really atleast want Jet, Tonix and Mel T on your team and maybe Penny as a 4th.

Even saying that I did it with a group with a Soa not Tonix so there is a lot of flexibility.

Also as per the comment above.. you need to make sure the foam is deep enough to slow stuff down a thin layer wont do anything which is what I suspect is going wrong for them.

Upgrades are huge as well, the damage one alone gives up to an additional 36% damage. There is no harm just playing normal difficulty and unlocking more essence to upgrade (still progresses you towards level 25).

4 hours ago, IAmNotXJ9 said:

I don't think this is as RNG reliant as people think. Luck can help for sure! However, I think the most important  thing to ensure you have atleast 3 people playing "optimal" characters.

To stress this again you really atleast want Jet, Tonix and Mel T on your team and maybe Penny as a 4th.

Even saying that I did it with a group with a Soa not Tonix so there is a lot of flexibility.

Also as per the comment above.. you need to make sure the foam is deep enough to slow stuff down a thin layer wont do anything which is what I suspect is going wrong for them.

Upgrades are huge as well, the damage one alone gives up to an additional 36% damage. There is no harm just playing normal difficulty and unlocking more essence to upgrade (still progresses you towards level 25).

What do you suggest that each of those players should level up? I thought of maxing out foam up and reload/shot efficiency on Jet Justice

I think upgrading turrets is invaluable. They seem to help a lot from what I could tell.

Both my wins came from playing on the Japan server, whereas playing on my own country's server and the USA, I got nowhere at all.

I had the following at lvl 5: power up, shot up, foam up, turrets, skill up, skill speed,  decrease foam damage, liquid efficiency. I had damage recovery at lvl 4 and SSS speed at lvl 1.

I played as the Baristador and Rave Breaker for my two wins. Both times someone else was playing as Jet and the other characters were variable.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vitallani said:

I think upgrading turrets is invaluable. They seem to help a lot from what I could tell.

Both my wins came from playing on the Japan server, whereas playing on my own country's server and the USA, I got nowhere at all.

I had the following at lvl 5: power up, shot up, foam up, turrets, skill up, skill speed,  decrease foam damage, liquid efficiency. I had damage recovery at lvl 4 and SSS speed at lvl 1.

I played as the Baristador and Rave Breaker for my two wins. Both times someone else was playing as Jet and the other characters were variable.

I think the best tip in general is to just play with Japanese people.

It also annoys me just how little people pay attention to the suicide pigs when they're by far the most dangerous enemies.

Edited by LunchCannon54
  • Like 3

I got the trophy in a Japanese server with 3 other randos. I played Penny; others played Agito, Jet and Mel T.

Core powers: Shot Power Lv. 7, Turret Power Lv. 6, Skill Power Lv. 5. Everything else was Lv. 2-3.

Honestly though the upgrades are kinda useless unless everyone in the team is similarly decked.

And of course you need to get lucky with the in-between wave upgrades. Always choose the light blue passive upgrades.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 7:45 PM, Vitallani said:

Playing on Japanese servers makes no difference, you get people equally just as bad as any other server.

I spammed over 15 games there and only managed to get a win until then. It's all about RNG + good team setups.

This was my first game today and we did not win, and I also played kinda bad. But it is just to demonstrate the strategy. 

Pick Penny Gwyn, use her bust skill and normal shot to focus down the big guys, especially the blue cat head (or whatever it is) use your small penguins to burst down big chunks of small lambs. Focus the fast pigs when they spawn, a lot of people seems to ignore them.

• Like 1

I also got it by playing in a Japanese server.

Seems that’s the busiest server so you find matches fastest, and a lot of the people there are more skilled. 

My shot power was level 6, shot fire rate level 5, and I also upgraded skill power, cooldown, sss cooldown, movement speed, and reload speed level 1.

3 hours ago, h1tm4nXx_095 said:

Does anyone know how to heal the energy core in the squad mission? I see that as a pop every now and again but I have no idea what causes it to heal. Cant find anything helpful online

its one of those power ups, when you get the blue ice cream.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, h1tm4nXx_095 said:

Does anyone know how to heal the energy core in the squad mission? I see that as a pop every now and again but I have no idea what causes it to heal. Cant find anything helpful online

It's one of the random blue power-ups you can choose from at the end of a wave. It has a picture of a spanner.

• Like 1