Performance for the FPS people here

Ok so to start with classic graphics mode is a locked 30fps. Makes sense as that's what the original game was. But that could make that mode a no go for some of you

The resolution is 4k with higher lighting and shadow quality.

EDIT: March 2024

- PS4 is mostly a locked 60fps. A few small dips but nothing to get excited about.

PS5 locked 60fps and now supports 120fps. 

Edited by RedDevil757
Patch changed things
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

So our options are

A ) to play an inferior version w platinums, or

B ) to play the better version, w/o platinums, w the added bonus that it will also break our PSNprofile accounts. 

Awesome!

Man when you spell it out like that it sucks even more than i thought 😅

• Haha 2

On 2/14/2024 at 1:36 PM, RedDevil757 said:

Still the same amount of trophies to unlock

Not counting the three platinums, that is.

5 hours ago, ben414kk said:

So what exactly is different? Resolution, framerate, quality of shadows, water?  Because many players stated that its the same. 

PS4 version on PRO or PS5 is 1440p with lower quality lighting and shadows.

Edit: I've gone back and tried both side by side. FPS is same. I think it was the higher resolution making it seem smoother. 

Classic mode is 30fps however.

Whatever you play the game on, you'll have a good time.

Edited by RedDevil757
Update after re-testing
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 8:19 PM, WatertownsFinest said:

So our options are

A ) to play an inferior version w platinums, or

B ) to play the better version, w/o platinums, w the added bonus that it will also break our PSNprofile accounts. 

Awesome!

I have never gotten an answer to B. What happens to our account? How is it affected?

9 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I have never gotten an answer to B. What happens to our account? How is it affected?

In a few more days it won't matter anymore because Sly is updating the website to support lists above 255 trophies.

10 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Accounts would have a Blue H to hide any trophies over the 255 limit. While it doesn’t affect any actual functionality, it would screw up any milestones planned if you were accounting for those extra trophies, your PSN level and the sites calculation of your levels wouldn’t match, and some people who run events and have fallen into the Blue H Bad mentality wouldn’t allow you to participate. 

But Sly already fixed the site seeing the extra trophies and is actively working on getting people’s profiles to see them, relegating it all moot, now that there are two actual games affected by the issue. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Not even close, the modern ones are visually brilliant and the gameplay is far better. The old ones had their time and everything is square and the movement is awful. Hasn't aged well.

Disagree on everything here

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

Have you even looked at the remaster?

Yeah she still does the little pause and jolt thing as she stops to pick up items. Brings back great memories but that's why games have moved on. They just spawn out these old ones with no original ideas and it gets lapped up. Embarrassing in truth.

Edited by freddie1989

• 2 weeks later...