[Fixed] Hello, World! = Unobtainable

GeniePlatinum

2 hours ago, GeniePlatinum said:

The early access for the game has been out for 3 days now and it's been 24 hours since the main launch of the game, yet despite this, this trophy is still unobtainable.

I don't see any reason as to why they haven't turned this on

Only thing I can imagine, is that they might be applying AI technology to scan automatically for profanities in the chat windows on all the servers and it probably isn't optimized yet. So instead of opening the chats at launch, risking an unstoppable avalanche of S-words and F-bombs and ending up with a disastrous launch - on that level - they turned off the feature until they get it figured out.

Can't see why else they did this.

Even if they turned on the chat at this very second, there's already a queue of us waiting at 98% completion until they turn this feature on lol.

Not to mention they can start fixing other irritating bugs like the "Death Mark Expired" notification spamming all over my screen for no reason, or the Premium Edition windows that keep returning randomly to tell me that, oh yes, I definitely have access to that Ballad of Bloody Bones set and the exclusive missions and the token for the Smuggler Pass. In case I hadn't noticed it the previous 257 times it popped up.

14 hours ago, JoaLoft said:

Only thing I can imagine, is that they might be applying AI technology to scan automatically for profanities in the chat windows on all the servers and it probably isn't optimized yet. So instead of opening the chats at launch, risking an unstoppable avalanche of S-words and F-bombs and ending up with a disastrous launch - on that level - they turned off the feature until they get it figured out.

Even if they turned on the chat at this very second, there's already a queue of us waiting at 98% completion until they turn this feature on lol.

Not to mention they can start fixing other irritating bugs like the "Death Mark Expired" notification spamming all over my screen for no reason, or the Premium Edition windows that keep returning randomly to tell me that, oh yes, I definitely have access to that Ballad of Bloody Bones set and the exclusive missions and the token for the Smuggler Pass. In case I hadn't noticed it the previous 257 times it popped up.

I don't buy this at all. They've been working on this game for years now. They have options in the menu in regards to profanity and nobody has ever actually used the quick chat option as it's always been off, even during closed beta & open beta.

Typical Ubisoft, always at least 1 issue with trophies with all of their games 

• Like 3

On 2/17/2024 at 12:28 AM, JoaLoft said:

I mean... releasing the game with a broken feature for something so basic as a chat space after years of development without any clue of how to solve the problem? Yeah, that sounds like Ubisoft alright

• Like 2

When you guys played on the open Beta Weekend you should know the reason. The first Day the Chat itself spammed an error Message which result that your Chat window popped up every couple of seconds. It was annoying AF same with the Death Mark Message. On the Second Day of Beta they just disabled the complete Chat which is the case since now.

Its so typical Ubisoft they had 2 Major Errors during the Beta Phase and wasnt able to fix it during the entire Downtime till the official Release. Ngl it had helped the Game a lot if they would just delayed it again after the Messy Beta both open and closed. But nope they released it and people are already annoyed AF. Since yesterday they finally got rid of the Death Mark Message.....not by fixing the Problem they also just disabled the complete feature.

• Like 2

This is what they replied me on X:

"Hello, the chat in Skull and Bones has been temporarily disabled by our developers due to an issue that caused network error notifications to be displayed there as well. Once our developers have solved this problem, they'll activate the chat in-game again."

Let's wait and see... 

Edited by asilorepublic84

56 minutes ago, DonSchocoLeone said:

If this is the last trophy for Plat, it is not a big deal to get this one, when the chat is fixed....

I am even more impressed how slow they react to bugs and so on... wow...

They're actually really quick reacting to bugs and balance changes compared to many other recent games..

The transparency and communication has been excellent thus far with, I believe, three updates since launch already.

Compare that to the radio silence of another recent live service title: SSKTJL, and lack of fixes (some people still can't even get past the title screen) and you'd see Ubi is actually doing surprisingly well so far.

Never thought I'd see the day I praised Ubjsoft and chastised Rocksteady, but here we are.

1 hour ago, oIMyersIo said:

The transparency and communication has been excellent thus far with, I believe, three updates since launch already.

The Game didnt had a Single Update yet. Its still Ver 1.0 all they did was Server Maintenance that didnt required a Patch on the Clientside. 

They are at least aware of some of the Problems and try to fix them but tbh just turn off the Features that cause these issues isnt really something you could call "Fixing". The Deathmark issue and the Chat were already Problems in both closed and open Beta and there still not fixed yet. 

Since Day 1 i have some "New" Codex Entry in the Hull Armor Section but when i open that Tab nothing is new. Pretty sure its the Royal Custodian Armor that isnt even in the Codex.

Also indidnt got my Firework for paticipating in the Beta. It was listed for a short period in the Ubisoft Connect Reward Section but i couldnt grab it since it said i didnt played the beta....which i did.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you want to follow their dashboard: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/skull-and-bones/bug-reporter/issues

The chat is not inside. But if you see https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/skull-and-bones/bug-reporter/issues/LB-312

"We are aware some of you are experiencing issues with our in-game text and voice chat and have temporarily disabled both features to ensure a more pleasant sailing experience for all.

Our development team are working on a permanent fix to bring the text and voice chat back as soon as possible."

• Like 1