Official SotM XII

cmgravekeeper

Signature of the Month XII  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite signature.

Would you mind not spamming random people about this? Those who are interested will surely find this thread anyhow. Thank you.

Hmm? I don't see the problem with something like this getting more attention. It's not like anybody has told everybody to vote for their sig, THAT would be wrong. Everybody is putting in legitimate votes for the one they personally like and I think it's great for the SOTM to get the attention. Maybe it'll lead to more entries and make it more interesting and fun.

• Like 1

Hmm? I don't see the problem with something like this getting more attention. It's not like anybody has told everybody to vote for their sig, THAT would be wrong. Everybody is putting in legitimate votes for the one they personally like and I think it's great for the SOTM to get the attention. Maybe it'll lead to more entries and make it more interesting and fun.

Really? You really don't see anything wrong going and spamming people with something totally irrelevant to their interest? You can have your little games here as much as you want, but let people join voluntarily - not spam them with it.

Would you mind not spamming random people about this? Those who are interested will surely find this thread anyhow. Thank you.

Actually I was out of town and forgot that voting was on. If Blaz hadn't posted in the SeaTK rivalry thread I would have missed it :)

• Like 2

Really? You really don't see anything wrong going and spamming people with something totally irrelevant to their interest? You can have your little games here as much as you want, but let people join voluntarily - not spam them with it.

It is completely voluntarily for them to come and vote; and nobody was spammed to come here. I just made a simple sidenote on my post in SeaTK :o If they were completely uninterested, they wouldn't show up anyways. But its cool for those that needed a reminder perhaps, as Dr said, or for those that never knew about it or checked it out before. :)

Edit: I was looking at it before as you were involved in this thread before your first post about spamming. But now I see you haven't been involved, so I don't see why you could be upset unless somebody was shoving this thread down your throat?

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 1

Spamming? If you mean why is there separate SOTM threads, its because each one is a separate competition so it just makes sense for each one to have it's own thread and it's not spamming at all.  Spamming is like if you do signatures and make a new thread for each signature you make.

• Like 1

Actually I was out of town and forgot that voting was on. If Blaz hadn't posted in the SeaTK rivalry thread I would have missed it :)

That's cool, but getting PM about something that I have not even participated in any ways begging me to vote is kinda... uh, what word should I use.... irritating?

It is completely voluntarily for them to come and vote; and nobody was spammed to come here. I just made a simple sidenote on my post in SeaTK :o If they were completely uninterested, they wouldn't show up anyways. But its cool for those that needed a reminder perhaps, as Dr said, or for those that never knew about it or checked it out before. :)

Edit: I was looking at it before as you were involved in this thread before your first post about spamming. But now I see you haven't been involved, so I don't see why you could be upset unless somebody was shoving this thread down your throat?

Yeah, I don't mind mentioning something like this publicly - what I refer to is the PM I got from OP earlier today.

And you're right: I'm not involved in any way, and that's how I would've wanted to keep it. Still OP went as far as sending me PM begging me to vote.

Spamming? If you mean why is there separate SOTM threads, its because each one is a separate competition so it just makes sense for each one to have it's own thread and it's not spamming at all.  Spamming is like if you do signatures and make a new thread for each signature you make.

No, I mean sending PM's to totally unrelated people. I really doubt I was the only one to receive it.

That's cool, but getting PM about something that I have not even participated in any ways begging me to vote is kinda... uh, what word should I use.... irritating?

Yeah, I don't mind mentioning something like this publicly - what I refer to is the PM I got from OP earlier today.

And you're right: I'm not involved in any way, and that's how I would've wanted to keep it. Still OP went as far as sending me PM begging me to vote.

No, I mean sending PM's to totally unrelated people. I really doubt I was the only one to receive it.

Ahhh okay, that's a bit different, I understand now.

Oh I understand now.. well still, you should have maybe just replied to the PM that you aren't interested in this or voting for this.

Oh I understand now.. well still, you should have maybe just replied to the PM that you aren't interested in this or voting for this.

Oh sure, or just ignore it altogether! My point is, sending out messages like that in the first place should not be allowed. Like I said, I really doubt I was the only "non-relevant" person to get that message.

Oh sure, or just ignore it altogether! My point is, sending out messages like that in the first place should not be allowed. Like I said, I really doubt I was the only "non-relevant" person to get that message.

It wasn't like he was sending you a link to watch his webcam feed (as awesome as that would be) but instead it was a link to a social group of the site. A social group that some people may not know exist but would like to check out.

I remember back at .Com I never participated in these things because I assumed they were only for the artists. TheGeneral sent me a message inviting me to vote and I ended up really enjoying voting and checking out the different artworks.

How much time was wasted opening up a PM and deciding "I do or do not want to go to that link"? A couple of seconds? So where is the harm? I mean it wasn't like he found your real email or called you at home, he sent it to your account attached to the site.

So sorry that you don't want to participate in the SOTM contest but once again, there really wasn't any harm in it. I would advise next time PMing the sender and saying "don't send me these" and then if you continue getting messages sent to you, you have a reason to complain.

• Like 1