Would like input on internal debate

Rejim

This goes mainly to people who are not completionists

So my issue is the following:

I'm a solid F1 fan, and although I'm aware that 2011/2012 won't make the cut because of the online pass I'm ok with that since I haven't started them (even though I do have them physically) - have all the rest from 2013 (soon to be worked on) to 2022 and it's still a nice series to have completed. My question though is regarding the F1 Race Stars, which has its servers shutdown in March as most of the PS3 F1 titles. I do possess it, so I can achieve the platinum, but alas I do not have the DLC, so cannot 100%. 

So, what would you prefer, leave it as it is as well, or plat it (a nice ultra rare to add) but never able to 100%? I think that if it had just one DLC I would have gone for it, but with three it does get a low percentage without them...which makes me wonder.

Even though in my case it's specific, you could transfer this thought to any game really...is the plat on itself valuable enough knowing the DLC will never be achievable?

I am sure that people still do have the DLCs somewhere, but they would have to trust their account to me, which unless it's someone physically in my city that would be present and check, don't think would happen. But I do get that the general percentage could go up at any point in the future even with the servers down, just not 100%.

I have this debate with FFXV as one of the DLCs got messed up and from my understanding the full 100% is no longer possible (without some weird patch manipulation that I'm not inclined to do). I am leaning more towards just doing the platinum anyways and getting what I could. The mindset should be that the trophies don't stop you from playing a game you want to play (sometimes it is hard taking your own advice though lol). F1 Race Stars is that cutesy looking one right? I wanted to play that one but never got around to it lol. I say you go for it anyways. Props to it for having the servers up for this long too.

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

I have this debate with FFXV as one of the DLCs got messed up and from my understanding the full 100% is no longer possible (without some weird patch manipulation that I'm not inclined to do). I am leaning more towards just doing the platinum anyways and getting what I could. The mindset should be that the trophies don't stop you from playing a game you want to play (sometimes it is hard taking your own advice though lol). F1 Race Stars is that cutesy looking one right? I wanted to play that one but never got around to it lol. I say you go for it anyways. Props to it for having the servers up for this long too.

It's not weird patch manipulation, you just make your console download an older version of the game :)

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 11:39 AM, Rejim said:

This goes mainly to people who are not completionists

So my issue is the following:

I'm a solid F1 fan, and although I'm aware that 2011/2012 won't make the cut because of the online pass I'm ok with that since I haven't started them (even though I do have them physically) - have all the rest from 2013 (soon to be worked on) to 2022 and it's still a nice series to have completed. My question though is regarding the F1 Race Stars, which has its servers shutdown in March as most of the PS3 F1 titles. I do possess it, so I can achieve the platinum, but alas I do not have the DLC, so cannot 100%. 

So, what would you prefer, leave it as it is as well, or plat it (a nice ultra rare to add) but never able to 100%? I think that if it had just one DLC I would have gone for it, but with three it does get a low percentage without them...which makes me wonder.

Even though in my case it's specific, you could transfer this thought to any game really...is the plat on itself valuable enough knowing the DLC will never be achievable?

personal opinion SKIP THAT GAME, omg the ai cheats so friggen much. i bought it because i had one trophy or so on it and cleared it on my backlog. the ai cheats so badly. i believe i left a rant on the discussion in that games page that explains it more the way the ai works. its not a easy plat at all. there is certain levels the ai just simply will NOT let you win no matter what. its the way the game was programmed. the only hope you have is that the same ai doesnt get in first every match which luckily some of the times itll throw the first person in last and last in first etc and you might have a chance. but you still relaly have no room for errors. google the game and read the numerous complaints about the ai. horrible way to code a game.

if anything if your not a completionist and dont care about platinum and you already started it and got a trophy, then play for fun and just get as many trophies as you can until your at your breaking point of not having fun and give up. otherwise if you havent started it dont bother

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Personally, I would just get what trophies I could, then move on and write off the rest, because some things just aren't meant to be.

this is a good mindset that i been settling with lately. sometimes im just not good enough to finish games i may have started in the past. so i go back and finish up what i can then leave it. or something like wolfenstein i just dont have the patience for the hardest difficulty and im fine with being 98% or whatever it is. i played james bond a while back and you can only get like 60% now because of the online trophies so i just finished up what was able to and had fun and that was that. other games that are closing that i may have that i never started ill  just pass on. simply put like you said some things arent meant to be

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Uh it appears to be more complex than that:

I'm not doing that.

I did it for Comrades :)

You just redirect the download request to an older version, that's all it is :)

The guide is very detailed, but really it's only a few steps.

• Like 1

Appreciate the opinions! I think in the end I won't resist and I'll go for it. Good thing is, with some luck, if I get the DLC afterwards, I could reduce the unobtainables to just 3 trophies, so wouldn't be that bad, just a shame. 😅

But internally, not too fond of starting a game I know is already doomed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

personal opinion SKIP THAT GAME, omg the ai cheats so friggen much. i bought it because i had one trophy or so on it and cleared it on my backlog. the ai cheats so badly. i believe i left a rant on the discussion in that games page that explains it more the way the ai works. its not a easy plat at all. there is certain levels the ai just simply will NOT let you win no matter what. its the way the game was programmed. the only hope you have is that the same ai doesnt get in first every match which luckily some of the times itll throw the first person in last and last in first etc and you might have a chance. but you still relaly have no room for errors. google the game and read the numerous complaints about the ai. horrible way to code a game.

if anything if your not a completionist and dont care about platinum and you already started it and got a trophy, then play for fun and just get as many trophies as you can until your at your breaking point of not having fun and give up. otherwise if you havent started it dont bother

this is a good mindset that i been settling with lately. sometimes im just not good enough to finish games i may have started in the past. so i go back and finish up what i can then leave it. or something like wolfenstein i just dont have the patience for the hardest difficulty and im fine with being 98% or whatever it is. i played james bond a while back and you can only get like 60% now because of the online trophies so i just finished up what was able to and had fun and that was that. other games that are closing that i may have that i never started ill  just pass on. simply put like you said some things arent meant to be

I would agree with this guy, this game is a absolute troll 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I did it for Comrades :)

You just redirect the download request to an older version, that's all it is :)

The guide is very detailed, but really it's only a few steps.

i  thought you can only downgrade to 1.0 on ps4, or does charles work on ps3? F1 is a ps3 game. if you have the disc of a ps3 game you can just play offline and dont update it. most discs are 1.0

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

i  thought you can only downgrade to 1.0 on ps4, or does charles work on ps3? F1 is a ps3 game. if you have the disc of a ps3 game you can just play offline and dont update it. most discs are 1.0

I believe you got things mixed up. Vulpine9Tails is talking about how she won't do the Charles Proxy method to download up to a certain patch in order to get trophies for Final Fantasy XV Comrades DLC. Rejim is asking opinions on totally different thing: He wants to play F1 Race Stars but do not possess the DLC (Which I assume is delisted) and since the servers are closing soon, he asking himself if he should go for the platinum but forget the 100% because no DLC or just skip the game altogether.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 12:04 PM, ARIXANDRE said:

Congrats on your milestone. I actuallystarted with F1-2010, 2011 and 2012 and stopped.

Indeed, somebody is bound to have those DLCs, much like DRIVECLUB. 

My only worry is the state of the servers.

youre at 666 games played bro lol. btw saints row was a good suggestion ive been having fun with it