What game disappointed you the most recently?

On 2/20/2024 at 11:56 AM, Finch_III said:

Probably a controversial choice, but Ghosts of Tsushima. 

It was absolutely beautiful, and the combat was fun. But for an open-world game, it was just so empty and lifeless. There was no incentive to explore, because everything was just fox dens and hot spas. The main character was pretty bland, and the story wasn't particularly interesting. 

I felt like I'd experienced everything the game had to offer after about 10-15 hours. 

Again, beautiful atmosphere and slick combat, but overall I was disappointed given how celebrated it was. 

Nah, Ghost of Tsushima was definitely over rated. Every NPC that you help has a quest that ends the same way: killing whoever it is you find. Did they murder a child? Death. Did they steal a potato? Death. 

And I just don't like when games have multiple styles of combat. I don't need three or four separate skill trees to go through. And the map is too big for its own good. 

Not a bad game by any means (except the pointless MP mode) but it could be better with more focus and less open world 

• Like 1

Sea of Stars. Overhyped in my opinion. Been told it was "The Modern day Chrono Trigger"  but was left with a mediocre story with many confusing plot points, the most boring characters, and a battle system that never changes outside adding poison and arcane to it. And I LOVED The Messenger so I had high expectations going in

Edited by Krauss-TH

2023 wasn't a big year of gaming for me. There was a lot of replaying games instead. I had to look back to early 2023/late 2022 to find a trifecta of games I gave up on though I still have them installed to return to when I feel like it:

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PS5 version that I played twice on PS4 but just didn't want to get back into it at the time.

Ghost of Tsushima - Nothing really bad to say, but the characters didn't capture me enough to play it again yet.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - got overwhelmed with the collectibles and stopped.

8 hours ago, Krauss-TH said:

Sea of Stars. Overhyped in my opinion. Been told it was "The Modern day Chrono Trigger"  but was left with a mediocre story with many confusing plot points, the most boring characters, and a battle system that never changes outside adding poison and arcane to it. And I LOVED The Messenger so I had high expectations going in

I second this. I wanted to love it but I just didn't. It was very forgettable

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed Valhalla, I couldn't get into it.  Maybe it's franchise fatigue, maybe the game wasn't so great and maybe, just maybe the idea of that map being so large just killed my interest in it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unpacking

Probably a bit of a hot take since the game is so well liked, but just wasn't for me.

I also thought it was couch coop since so many reviews mention their partner often loving the game too, so was sorely disappointed when we realized it wasn't.

That's on me for not checking though 😅

• Like 1