Are people getting too tired to boost? (edited)

the_sultan999

On 2/26/2024 at 12:30 PM, the_sultan999 said:

Hey everyone, so if you read the topic i don't want to come across as rude or a jerk. It's just that something i noticed recently, i joined 5 or 6 boosting sessions in the past few months and we don't actually boost anything. Either the session times out or the boost host cancels it. and when the host actually does something and create a group chat and stuff it's the other's that don't bother replying never mind showing up. So i'm just wondering is this only happening to me and im just unlucky or is it something everyone notices too? are we getting old? lmao i don't know just want to hear your thoughts.

EDIT: changed the topic from lazy to tired because some people are missing the point im trying to make

It's just the majority on here want to get the trophies as fast as possible,with minimal effort without sticking to one group.

I exclusively host all my sessions because I am tired of joining sessions where the guy doesn't have any organization skills.

I ve been thru the pain of failing boosting sessions, because there is a lot of arrogant and unreliable players out there.

But some tips for u.

Use discord for communication most lazy people won't use discord.ps messages is the most lame and outdated way to set up a proper boosting session.

Be strict, if someone doesn't follow the plan, then kick them out, why would I join a group if I wanna do my own thing.

Keep an eye on other sessions if a guy joins 2-3 other sessions on here, they will have a high chance to never ever show up in the first place.

And as stupidly as it sounds, if u wanna save time, make sure people familiarized themselves with the game,nothing worse than people joining just to ask u everything,when there is guides and videos online.

• Like 2

I think the constant pushing of discord lately has killed my interest in joining other boosting sessions. If a group requires any more effort than reading some posts on this site and joining the PSN party at time stated, then that just seems like an unorganized and inefficient group. It's the biggest red flag for me, even if others prefer it.

Edited by CaptHowdy_91
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

To be fair, most good boosting partners are in their own groups with people they know and trust.

Pretty much the case. In the PS3 days it was a lot about trial and error. Nowadays, I reckon most veterans rely on more trustworthy sources.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

To be fair, most good boosting partners are in their own groups with people they know and trust.

Yep. It took me a couple of years to piece together my boosting partners from drips and drabs of half-successful sessions and players I didn't know being vouched for by good ones that I trusted. That kind of cohesion and reliability is almost never something you're going to find on a site of hundreds of thousands of random people. If boosting's a big thing for you, you've got to put the work in to find the right partners. 

• Like 1

I find that most people who host boosting sessions don't have the best coordination skills. So whenever I join a boost that tends to be disorganized, I offer to take control of it instead of the host. I also offer to do my boost last, because anyone who volunteers to go first tends to leave as soon as they're done their trophies. 😛

I ended up hosting a 2 month long boost on Kane & Lynch 2 last year where I got about 20 people through the MP 100%!

I've also ran into extremely selfish boosters who say they are helping the group out but then they ignore the proper order of boosting and try to take advantage of a short moment to prioritize their trophy instead.

Had a guy on Sniper Ghost Warrior who was 1 win away from 50, and instead of waiting his turn and going a few games later, he killed the guy going for his win just to get his final win right away... Then the guy still needs some kills to finish his grind and acts like nothing happened. 🤦‍♂️ Anyway bad boosters get put on my "do not help" list and if I see a boost that features said person, I won't join it.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 8:30 PM, the_sultan999 said:

Hey everyone, so if you read the topic i don't want to come across as rude or a jerk. It's just that something i noticed recently, i joined 5 or 6 boosting sessions in the past few months and we don't actually boost anything. Either the session times out or the boost host cancels it. and when the host actually does something and create a group chat and stuff it's the other's that don't bother replying never mind showing up. So i'm just wondering is this only happening to me and im just unlucky or is it something everyone notices too? are we getting old? lmao i don't know just want to hear your thoughts.

EDIT: changed the topic from lazy to tired because some people are missing the point im trying to make

This is why you should never boost with randoms. 

1. Self boost

Or

2. Get a tight-knit group of trusted boosters who are interested in boosting similar stuff. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2024 at 1:08 PM, fbdbh said:

I think the growing number of games (and probably life responsibilities) might contribute to a general lack of commitment to boosting. It used to be more active, that's my feeling too.

PSNprofiles needs a boosting session feature where you don't set a date, but gather people who have the game and "might want to boost at some point". I guess Discord's for that, but not everybody wants to go to Discord.

PS3 online was free too, so that also probably had a lot to do with how popular boosting used to be. Now and then I will buy a months PS+ if I really want the game and want to get the online stuff out of the way. Most of the time though I just stick to single player games and have no need for PS+.

It looks like they are, I did alot of boosting session. But I never do placeholders. Why? Because I only play during the weekends and I usually do sessions of 20 hours straight.

1 hour ago, DanteIshimura said:

PS3 online was free

I miss the times when online was free. The reason why almost all my platinum are F2P games are because of ps plus and how expensive it is now. If I would buy, is just for online and not for trash games they give. Paying 120$CAD per year for online? No thanks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I find that most people who host boosting sessions don't have the best coordination skills. So whenever I join a boost that tends to be disorganized, I offer to take control of it instead of the host. I also offer to do my boost last, because anyone who volunteers to go first tends to leave as soon as they're done their trophies. 😛

I ended up hosting a 2 month long boost on Kane & Lynch 2 last year where I got about 20 people through the MP 100%!

I've also ran into extremely selfish boosters who say they are helping the group out but then they ignore the proper order of boosting and try to take advantage of a short moment to prioritize their trophy instead.

Had a guy on Sniper Ghost Warrior who was 1 win away from 50, and instead of waiting his turn and going a few games later, he killed the guy going for his win just to get his final win right away... Then the guy still needs some kills to finish his grind and acts like nothing happened. 🤦‍♂️ Anyway bad boosters get put on my "do not help" list and if I see a boost that features said person, I won't join it.

This reminds me of a disastrous RDR1 session where those who got their trophies left.I took the reigns into my own hands and pulled off the session successfully.

The main reason why the boost failed is:

1. selfish players

2.impatient players

3. Using PS Messages where 30 plus players constanly write 100s messages where  u cant follow whats going on

4.setting no time and date but randomly writing in the group who wants to get trophies(ofc  the ones who got the trophy all of the sudden have to get offline)

• Like 1