Are people getting too tired to boost? (edited)

the_sultan999

Hey everyone, so if you read the topic i don't want to come across as rude or a jerk. It's just that something i noticed recently, i joined 5 or 6 boosting sessions in the past few months and we don't actually boost anything. Either the session times out or the boost host cancels it. and when the host actually does something and create a group chat and stuff it's the other's that don't bother replying never mind showing up. So i'm just wondering is this only happening to me and im just unlucky or is it something everyone notices too? are we getting old? lmao i don't know just want to hear your thoughts.

EDIT: changed the topic from lazy to tired because some people are missing the point im trying to make

Edited by the_sultan999
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, the_sultan999 said:

Hey everyone, so if you read the topic i don't want to come across as rude or a jerk. It's just that something i noticed recently, i joined 5 or 6 boosting sessions in the past few months and we don't actually boost anything. Either the session times out or the boost host cancels it. and when the host actually does something and create a group chat and stuff it's the other's that don't bother replying never mind showing up. So i'm just wondering is this only happening to me and im just unlucky or is it something everyone notices too? are we getting old? lmao i don't know just want to hear your thoughts.

Boosting isn’t a job, so sometimes they fall out. Were you the host of any of these groups to show how it’s done, or were you just waiting on the host to do all the coordinating and organizing?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

Boosting isn’t a job, so sometimes they fall out. Were you the host of any of these groups to show how it’s done, or were you just waiting on the host to do all the coordinating and organizing?

I hosted alot before and thankfully it went smooth. But recently i didn't i keep joining whatever game i need help boosting with and we don't get anything done. even on the weekends

That's like asking "are people too hungry to eat?" or "are people too tired to sleep?"

Boosting is the lazy option.
Boosting is, by definition, lazy - it's handing wins to each other, beach we're too lazy to get good at the game and win legitimately.

We've all done it at some point, so no judgement...

...but let's not get silly about it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, willmill97 said:

I don't know, sometimes in the past I have ended up co-ordinating other people's boosting sessions because they've been too useless to do it themselves. I think people (especially hosts) just want the trophies without having to put any work in. It's happened for as long as I can remember

that's exactly what i'm trying to say too. if you create a boosting session you should also take care of that said session and communicate with people. same thing goes to joiners too if you join a session communicate with others tell them when you're available etc.. 

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That's like asking "are people too hungry to eat?" or "are people too tired to sleep?"

Boosting is the lazy option.
Boosting is, by definition, lazy - it's handing wins to each other, beach we're too lazy to get good at the game and win legitimately.

We've all done it at some point, so no judgement...

...but let's not get silly about it.

it's not handing wins though boosting is more than just handing wins. for example i recently joined a far cry 4 boosting session for ps3 because the game was pretty dead and no one in the group chat is communicating. same thing happened with need for speed unbound we need 8 people to just finish a race and people on the group chat aren't communicating

This happens with everything. People say that they'll attend a party, or they book a table at a restaurant but never show. It's the reason why airlines always overbook flights and have done for years. It's nothing connected to boosting really, it's just people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Ive done nearly 200 boosts over the past 10 years and from my experience, nothing has changed. Sessions tend to lead to nowhere, especially if the game is lengthy and complex. Most people see the trophy list, they want to boost it, but then they realize how much time they will have to invest and they just bail out. Especially noticeable in "common" games, with plenty of casual players/casual trophy hunters who couldn't care less about not having a game finished. With niche games, or games that are infamous for their online trophies, most players tend to know in advance what they are getting into so I have never had issues boosting harder titles, it's the casual ones that always were a pain to boost in my experience.

That's a VERY good point. To me it only happens with pretty simple or straightforward games yet they need communication and to just simply show up (far cry,cod, need for speed) i feel like people just join these sessions and just forget that they joined in the hopes of doing it later with another group

4 hours ago, the_sultan999 said:

it's not handing wins though boosting is more than just handing wins. for example i recently joined a far cry 4 boosting session for ps3 because the game was pretty dead and no one in the group chat is communicating. same thing happened with need for speed unbound we need 8 people to just finish a race and people on the group chat aren't communicating

I guess it's just a difference of definition and semantics at some point - but I wouldn't call those "boosting" - they're just organised sessions. "Boosting", to me, is exactly what the name implies - boosting the wins of others, by deliberately losing to them.

There is definitely a cross-contamination of the terms though - particularly on this site - as I've found when you create "competitive" or "just for fun" sessions - people join them, and then start just losing on purpose or expect you to be willing to do the same -  despite the fact that those session tags exist specifically to indicate that isn't the purpose of the session they joined.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

The vast majority of people is lazy

For example, ill refresh this website every so often throughout the day and tomb raider remastered has threads where people are literally begging someone to make a guide when in the past the threads would have been deleted by mods lol

• Like 1

I have nothing but good experiences of boosting here in PSNP. I haven't done it more than a handful of times, but every time I've received the help I needed and I've returned the favor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

The vast majority of people is lazy

For example, ill refresh this website every so often throughout the day and tomb raider remastered has threads where people are literally begging someone to make a guide when in the past the threads would have been deleted by mods lol

I haven't seen any of those threads reported. Are you expecting the mods to read every single post and thread that's made on this site? We can't be expected to do that. That's why there is a report option, so you can alert the mods to things that need looked into.

If you're too lazy to hit the report button, then don't expect things to be taken care of.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I haven't seen any of those threads reported. Are you expecting the mods to read every single post and thread that's made on this site? We can't be expected to do that. That's why there is a report option, so you can alert the mods to things that need looked into.

If you're too lazy to hit the report button, then don't expect things to be taken care of.

I dont expect to be responsible for other peoples jobs

They see it on page 1 every 40 minutes

Just get to work

lemme further evaluate

thats like a police officer witnessing a crime but since no citizen was around to report it, that cop is just gona let it slide, it just never happened then

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Just get to work

It's not being responsible for other people's jobs. It's helping them out, and being a good member of the community.

I just had a look at the Tomb Raider Remastered forums, and I only found 2 threads by the same person asking for guides. I removed one of them, as the other one is fine.

• Like 1

Many of us are adults and life gets in the way pretty frequently. I've had to miss out on plenty of sessions because other things were more important or urgent.

Boosting requires a certain level of dedication and commitment - it's not like you can pause the session, or do it at your own pace like you do while playing solo. So it's perfectly understandable when people are not around at the agreed upon time, or has to leave earlier because something came up.

Just don't be an asshole if things aren't going your way. You're not even getting some of these trophies the way the developers intended in the first place. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I guess it's just a difference of definition and semantics at some point - but I wouldn't call those "boosting" - they're just organised sessions. "Boosting", to me, is exactly what the name implies - boosting the wins of others, by deliberately loosing to them.

There is definitely a cross-contamination of the terms though - particularly on this site - as I've found when you create "competitive" or "just for fun" sessions - people join them, and then start just losing on purpose or expect you to be willing to do the same -  despite the fact that those session tags exist specifically to indicate that isn't the purpose of the session they joined.

Wait....you expect people to actually read on this site? 😂

• Haha 3

I think the growing number of games (and probably life responsibilities) might contribute to a general lack of commitment to boosting. It used to be more active, that's my feeling too.

PSNprofiles needs a boosting session feature where you don't set a date, but gather people who have the game and "might want to boost at some point". I guess Discord's for that, but not everybody wants to go to Discord.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Just get to work

lemme further evaluate

thats like a police officer witnessing a crime but since no citizen was around to report it, that cop is just gona let it slide, it just never happened then

Police officers almost completely rely on reports to address their responsibilities. Your analogy is flawed in that you (wrongly) assume moderators see everything that gets posted. 

• Like 2