Are people getting too tired to boost? (edited)

the_sultan999

To be honest, a part of me doesn't wanna blame them since the online trophies are getting out of hand now, almost every new game comes out it has online trophies, even a sp campaign now needs internet connection otherwise you can't play the game.

Still i see games with 60 to 100 to 150 hours to platinum and they are entirely online, the desire to get the platinum is there but not anyone can withstand all those hundreds of hours man.

But of course when i host a session and a bunch of people joins with no show or no sign of life it will piss me off so you're not the only one here.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Police officers almost completely rely on reports to address their responsibilities. Your analogy is flawed in that you (wrongly) assume moderators see everything that gets posted. 

But i said a police officer who witnessed a crime

not one who just thinks a crime happened

Just now, Property_Damage said:

You guys are the police officers of this site

and its not even a hidden topic

it has a blatant title of basically ‘is there anyone writing a comprehensive trophy guide for this game’ which ‘used’ to violate this sites rules

its not like a dm that only 2 people can see

its a public thread

So my analogy is spot on, and when quoting the last guy, its even more fitting..well i didnt see those threads being reported

you dont need a report when you can see it for yourself bumped to page 1 every so often

41 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

How do you presume to know which part of the site the moderators are even looking at at when. You’re still accusing, but have no basis to claim you know it was witnessed. 

Did you see a moderator actually see the thread you’re talking about to make the claim of the officer witnessing a crime? Your speculation doesn’t count as evidence. 

I've been lucky in the sense that a lot of my boosting sessions have been well-coordinated with decent hosts and players over the past 4(?) or so years I've been doing this, but I've definitely observed anecdotally, or through others that common games are far harder to set up than obscure ones, like you said.

I think I'm more sick of having to boost EVERYTHING. For the record, I don't boost new releases, it makes no sense to. But for older PS3/Vita titles it's almost essential. Dead air or awkward conversations is the name of the game for longer boosts, with some people requiring comms for something that's fairly easy in practice and on paper.

Maybe it's just general burnout, though. I think I might be at the point where I've had my fill of petty boosting drama off-site, because that's also common. (Although that's Discord in a nutshell, really.)

Edited by shipper321
  • Like 2

I've had some good times boosting on here, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many instances of people signing on for a session and then never showing up at all on the day of, even if I pull everyone into a PSN chat (and then there are the geniuses who want to boost with their PSN settings set to "no friend invites" and "no messages from strangers"...). From now on, I'm just gonna boost with myself (across PS4 and PS5) where possible.

• Like 2

I gave up on sessions and just use Facebook or game specific forums ( not this site) for boosting now, I would like to use sessions but it seems people join then just go ghost right before it’s time to boost I had to do borderlands TPS myself using 2 consoles and saints row GOH using 2 consoles because the others just go ghost right before, 

• Like 1

I run a group for evil dead and I've long since finished but it's still going I add people in they ask in group,  group responds and things get done sometimes activity dips but then picks up but there's still abonch in there that's never talked or did anything 

• Like 1

I will say that it's a mixed experience to me. Yes, I've had bad sessions here, like how one host disbanded the entire group chat on PlayStation after they got their trophies, or the many times I joined a session only for the group to stop organizing groups or people to start to leave. But I also had a few good ones, where everyone got what they wanted, and then we left.

Granted, I'm not innocent either: I am PARTIALLY also to blame for a few of these, like how I was in an RDR boosting session and I had to stop attending, but I had an actual problem with my PS3 so, unfortunately, I had to stop - and still have to test if things work again, since i haven't touched it in months.

Regardless, I'd say it's a mixed bag, which is why I do my utmost best to boost ONLY when I really have no other options, or if the game is dead. For example, I recently 100% Foamstars without using any boosting sessions, as well as doing all MP trophies in TLOU remastered and also all the online content in GoT without using any help here. But for a few of them, I had no choice but to ask here.

Edited by Darghel
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

Honestly there may be many factors for that, but the main one might be the amount of games available at the moment, with so many great games I think people are less likely to dedicate themselves to a single one. 

Realistically, the number of games, the number of members, and the low barrier to join are all factors.

Anyone can join a session with just a couple clicks. If there is no vetting process, there's no chance of screening out people aren't going to actually participate in any boosting/coordinating process.

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Realistically, the number of games, the number of members, and the low barrier to join are all factors.

Anyone can join a session with just a couple clicks. If there is no vetting process, there's no chance of screening out people aren't going to actually participate in any boosting/coordinating process.

That's also true, yeah, although at the same time it can be hard to enforce some kind of guarantee people will actually join 😕

• Like 1

There were only two sessions on this site and one attempted session that frustrated me. And most of them I had to take initiative because the host didn't know what he was doing.

Starting a boost session will come across different situations, and lately people are taking less and less risks because the last session I'm set up I spent two weeks editing and no one entered, luckily in a Facebook group finally found dedicated people. and I was able to finish the game before my subscription expired.

• Like 2

A lot of people have become pretty impatient these days, they want to get the plat but many run away the moment they see the amount of hours to put on it.

It’s pretty dumb if you ask me, cuz anyone would assume that they even bothered to read what the plat journey would be about.

Moreover, things have just changed in the forums as well. You see more and more posts and status updates that’s about nonsense rather than the old good gaming/boosting accomplishments and mutual cheering/support.

Back in the day, I could easily get a dedicated group of peeps even on the forums to tackle an 8+ difficulty game online, and we would actually boost for months to get it.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

For games that only need 2 people to boost online trophies, it's so much easier just to use 2 consoles. It saves a lot of time and frustation of having to deal with other people who sometimes are difficult to work with.

4 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

Most of the time I didn't have any problems with boosting groups. But there were times when I encountered people who were acting weird, like:

Another time, when I created a boosting session for Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi, another person joined & we did a couple of sessions. Then suddenly, they told me they don't won't to boost anymore, because they are having a bad time & that the game is boring. In the end, I've asked a friend to help out. When the person figured out I got the plat, they attacked me & said I abandoned them (btw, it was the other way around). That was in 2020 & that person still didn't finish mp stuff. So much for being "#1 in EU with Cody in USFIV", lol.

Same thing happened to me with Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi. One person quit after boosting like 10 online titles and the person told me they didn't like the game and didn't want to play it anymore (I didn't like it either), and the next person joined my session but never responded when I asked them what time they would like to start. Fortunately I didn't have any problems boosting other PS3 Dragon Ball games (Battle of Z, Raging Blast 1, Raging Blast 2) with other people.

• Like 3

I concur with many factors related to this topic!

One hand ive been boosting for years ive had many great sessions some ive met people where the group gets bigger and bigger so everyone can get help and while the process is taking place it could be long our short in between we laugh and share conversation about all types of things!

One i can specifically bring up from the good side of psnprofiles sessions was for overwatch 1! before they shut it down and merged it into 2! That session we gathers a full group of 100 max in ps chat and within a few weekends and off days i went from 0% never thinking id ever play let alone finish the game to plat in no time! Definitely was a massive fun party every week it felt like and i still remember everything to this day! <3

Those kinds of sessions are the best! Ones i can remember and cherish and hope i can carry that energy to the next one!

Now the bad side of the flip coin! You WILL encounter the weirdos where some will leave when they get what they want (HATE THEM), start up arguments with likeminded decent people probably because they are bored and have nothing better to do, the ghosters etc. Ive seen those kinds of people come out of the shadows and just bring that bad mojo with them to infect us good folk but ive also seen it attributed to the fact how horrible multiplayer games can be as far as the setup and methods in place of boosting them. 

For example Re6 boosting! Boosting game modes like Siege and Survivors is not only a chore but an aggravated long process!  Ive seen first hand how because of that being in place how it turned people youve just met into your worst nightmare! Overnight! Even i thought it was grueling! In fact punishment lol! But i never gave up! Another example is warface breakout! BTW that game has a server shutdown on April 30 for those who have it! That game was bad luck since launch and because the frame rate of it made it unplayable people who got everything left as fast as they could and never looked back in fact refused to stay to help the rest! Thats why i was left unfinished as i was part of the first very session for it back in 2020. So those games that require 10 or more people like basically a tribe to get together and get along can be hectic as were forced to be together amongst others we may or may not like or get along with! 

Those are the worst and there should be a system in place to administer punishments for those if ones would stand up and report them!

Also most of these sessions or at least half i always see the same usual games for! At least the same kind! Multi! definitely have seen a rise in popularity for those kinds of games!

But were also playing or trying to finish games that are 5+ or more years old. If those who had gotten the game years ago had finished it back then there wouldnt be a need for those sessions now! so thats a contributing factor! Especially 10+ year old games where most of the playerbase had finished those trophies at launch and has since left and moved on! or ones who didnt have the time of fascination with doing such feats like 10k kills or 100 wins or luck based things! Even me i admit those kinds of things make me wanna not finish them UNLESS the online is actually fun to cut down the thoughts of OMG this is gonna take forever to finish! Having fun blocks out time and or luck based things sometimes so that always helps!

I try and join as much as i can as ive seen how both sides can be! Hosts and joiners! Being a joiner feels like an open door policy where a host is like being a manger at a job lots of responsibility! Comms organizing etc! Not everyone is born a leader! But i can be a good dedicated follower/soldier ;)

• Like 1

With that said! its a gamble 50/50 on whether you encounter helpful or bad people. just like irl! You may have a job working with a good team other jobs where you cry just looking at the building you have to go inside for work every day and hope it burns in the ground in your dreams! Must keep open mind and spead help as much as possible as were all trying to get the same trophies whether someone is almost done with the game or just starting at 0%

I definitely am one to stick around at least for a little while after im done getting 100% heck ill find someone to take my place who needs all the same help so no one is left out. i absolutely hate ones that leave as soon as they are done! They leave a group thats not even half done hanging and the role of a new leader open! 

i also too have a life and is passive about when i can have time to start a session but i at least try and communicate at least some of what is going on in my life atm so that the party understands as i believe some if not all are going through the same stuff! Job/ family/ life itself etc. 

Open communication goes a long way! But those that are impatient and find others outside the session group to get there trophies done and then LEAVE once done!.....

Yeaahhh theres a special place for those kinds of gamers who belong with hades himself! ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

How do you presume to know which part of the site the moderators are even looking at at when. You’re still accusing, but have no basis to claim you know it was witnessed. 

Did you see a moderator actually see the thread you’re talking about to make the claim of the officer witnessing a crime? Your speculation doesn’t count as evidence. 

So you guys have no beat cops that patrol the forums

just ones that are on call who only respond to the report button

i think i have a better understanding now

thank you

I have been boosting on Playstation and Xbox since the PS3 and 360 era. I have some thoughts about why sessions on PSNP and TrueAchievements (Xbox equivalent of PSNP) don't work as well these days compared other options. To start with, for trophies that only require 2 players, having 2 consoles and boosting on your own is a godsend. It's way easier than finding an actual boosting partner. I have done that with multiple games and it's been smooth sailing. A lot of the more popular multiplayer games have dedicated Discord servers where you can look for people to boost with. For example when I was boosting Back 4 Blood, I did the hardest achievements with people from the official Discord for that game. I don't think I would have ever gotten it done if I had to rely on boosting sessions on TA or PSNP. Also, a lot of people just play with friends who they know from boosting games together previously. Joining boosting sessions is essentially a crapshoot. They also require a lot of effort from the host, which I think puts people off hosting and organising them.

For me personally, sessions on PSNP and TA are a last resort option when I can't find people to boost elsewhere. There are so many potential pitfalls. There is no vetting, so anyone can join a session even if they have no experience with that game (or with boosting generally). It's also common for sessions to be cancelled by the host or for people not to show up after joining a session, which causes the session to fall through. A lot of trophy and achievement hunters now see sessions as a waste of time and effort when there are other options that have less chance of their time being wasted.

Edited by SublimeHawk
  • Like 1

I never boost myself, but I have observed a trend of more session failures and half-assed organisation of these sessions. For me, I would only use it for co-op but when it comes to finding co-op partners for example I've found that as I've gotten older I'm less interested in finding new people and organising time to play with others. I used to sometimes ask to join in on sessions both here and other game related websites but nowadays I'll either just rely on people I already know and play/talk with regularly. If they're not interested then I just won't do whatever it is...

I can't say whether this truly applies to many people, but I see a loose trend of people in these trophy scenes and being of the older demographic and there could be that element of when you get older and have plenty of life responsibilities that have worn you down over the years the fuss of organising some strangers to do some mindlessly repetitive boosting is probably not appealing to a lot. Some would just end up not doing it at all whilst others may only apply themselves to it on a casual level and rock up whenever and hope people are available xD if not, oh well they'll try another time or pass on it, no major commitment.

Then another factor is that the folk who are more keen these days are probably going about it in a different way, forums and websites are kinda 'old school', they're probably throwing up a comment in a Discord server or social media somewhere and getting a partner right there and then, do the boost right away and move on.

• Like 3

I've mainly used boosting sessions here (when I cannot boost it myself with my two PS4s) and it's gone pretty good so far. Some might have taken longer than they could have because of inexperience at the game or ineffectiveness but they tend to go along until completion. 

There were a couple that didn't lead anywhere in the end and time was lost on all sides, but statistically it is bound to happen, can't have them all perfect. 

I do like to check someone's profile beforehand though, sometimes says a lot.

• Like 1

There are groups that help you with games/trophies, there are many factors that complicate the BS:

-Work and real life things

-Timezones

-PS5/PS4 versions 

-server specific things in order to connect to a game mode (im looking at you fifa 22)

You need to talk and get all together to know how many people you count with, and what days and hours they can play, and yeah, its good to know what are you actually playing and boosting as a game in general after the grinding, because thats also a very interesting topic, when people boost online mp trophies and they own the game, but then be like "wait a minute, i hate sports games"

• Like 1