Trophy thoughts?

KenjiCBZ

This looks to be the usual WWE trophy list with a bit of everything... although tougher than the previous 2.

That said, people underestimated the last two lists as well... and lived to regret it. So don't make that mistake here people.

Beyond the usual tough trophies, I'm interested in seeing how MyRise and Showcase compares to last year. (I'm not a fan of MyGM... there I said it.)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes/hates GM mode. I have always had a bad relationship with managerials, they make no sense at all and I don't understand why so many people wanted this mode back since it was deleted after SvR07.

I have always only "played" it for Achievements/Trophies. If I wanted to fantasize about WWE, I would just book a diary on my own and write it down myself.

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

I wonder if there’s a myfaction cheese like the last 7 years for some of challenges lol i don’t mind if not but then it’ll be time for old reliable asuka to come through 

Faction Wars is different this year. There are a bunch of different match types you can get. There is 1v1 including steel cage and MITB, 2v2 including 2 out of 3 falls and MITB, 3v3 including MITB and then your 4v4 like previous years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes/hates GM mode. I have always had a bad relationship with managerials, they make no sense at all and I don't understand why so many people wanted this mode back since it was deleted after SvR07.

I have always only "played" it for Achievements/Trophies. If I wanted to fantasize about WWE, I would just book a diary on my own and write it down myself.

Put the blame for the popularity of MyGM on the shoulders of UpUpDownDown YouTube Channel and Xavier Woods and Tyler Breeze for playing the old GM modes. People then started to think "what if" simply because "THQ did it better than 2K" due to nostalgia taking over their brains.

• Like 1

I like booking simulators…I don’t particularly like the GM mode though. It feels too arcadey to me. I’d much rather have universe mode with ratings and contracts enabled. The whole “run the same match 4 times to get the rivalry up” thing is stupid.

However, it seems like they have added some additional vectors like ring rating/popularity that might make booking more fun.

3 hours ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Just a minor correction, last year you actually needed to complete pvp match for a trophy unlike 2k22, it was only 1 but i remember seeing boosting sessions because the game mode was 99% dead. By looking at the list, seems like is the same for 2k24, so i reccomend to go for this trophy first if you want to plat without having to boost if the gamemode dies.

Given that it’s ranked and provides rewards, I’d be shocked if this one dies out as easily.

That being said, if most of us are correct, simply playing one match and getting on the leaderboard should be enough to make it pop when the current season ends.

Edited by bigdaddykraven
  • Like 1

Since Faction Wars is different this year I will post more about it.

To start a Faction War run you need a ticket. You get a few when you first start the game and then you can unlock more by completing certain challenges and through the loyalty rewards by logging in on certain days of the week.

Each run of Faction War is broken up into 5 stages with a boss at the end of each stage, so it will take a minimum of 6 runs to defeat 30 bosses. However if you lose one match at any point of your run, the run is over with. Any damage your wrestler receives carries over to the next match for the entire run. It is basically a roguelite mode.

At the beginning of each run you get to choose which 4 male or female wrestlers you want to use. Then the game will give you some armour to put on your wrestlers. This helps your wrestler take less damage. The stages are basically a choose your own path thing with the boss at the end. Some paths have more matches but better rewards that allow you to heal your wrestlers, boost their attributes, get more armour or get credits. You can also earn other wrestlers to swap with your current wrestlers for that run only. Helpful if one of your wrestlers on your team is damaged. On average I would say it is about 20 matches if you manage to complete a full run (5 bosses).

There are a bunch of different match types you can get. There is 1v1 including steel cage and MITB, 2v2 including 2 out of 3 falls and MITB, 3v3 including MITB and then your 4v4 like previous years. I might be missing a couple of match types.

You can use the credits you earned to buy wrestlers. I would recommend saving your credits to buy the Faction Boss cards as they are the best wrestlers in MyFaction as of now.

It may seem tough but the mode is really easy. I have never had to heal my wrestlers or boost their attributes. I just choose the credits option each time so I can buy the Faction Boss cards faster. I have only lost once in 4 runs and that was only because the game glitched and none of the wrestlers on my team would attack the opponent going for the briefcase in the MITB match.

Edited by lordzeze
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, bigdaddykraven said:

I just did a ranked match (and won surprisingly). After the match it said I needed 4 more to place. I’m not sure if you have to win or just do 5 matches, but it appears you need at least 5 ranked matches to place.

I think its just 5 matches played i have seen people on the LB with 1 win and 6 losts so i guess they are like placement matches due to the LB having bronze,sliver ETC ETC.

13 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I don't understand why so many people wanted this mode back since it was deleted after SvR07.

You must not have played the older versions then because the GM Mode from SvR06, 07 and 08 was a lot better than 2K's poor attempt of GM Mode. That's the reason people wanted it back.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Howlers23 said:

You must not have played the older versions then because the GM Mode from SvR06, 07 and 08 was a lot better than 2K's poor attempt of GM Mode. That's the reason people wanted it back.

The old GM Mode was so much better. I think the best iteration was SVR07. Didn't like 08 that much with the 24/7 management. 

SVR07 was good how you could manage an entire year. You had your own PPVs alternating like the real life brand split was then there was the big four Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania where you had a shared card. I spent so much time on that back in the day.

This new GM mode has some decent ideas but I can't get into it when its not even a full season and doesn't even have the Royal Rumble where you should be able to pick so many wrestlers per brand to play in it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Savantir- said:

I hope someone finds an exploit for the faction wars bosses. I'm not even halfway done a run and it's a slog. I hate MyFaction with a passion.

At the moment I'm managing to complete the boss matches in under 3 minutes. My technique so far is at the start of the match go for 3 quick pins, this will then bait the opponents into the match and that means they can no longer interfere. Then I just do some damage to whoever is in the ring and hit my signature and finisher and usually get the pin straight away. If the person gets tagged out then just repeat the same process, at the moment I'm able to do a full run of all 5 stages in around 1h 15mins. Hope the tips help :)

1 hour ago, SamNickzx said:

I'm able to do a full run of all 5 stages in around 1h 15mins.

You must be insanely lucky when it comes to the AI's ability to kick out then. I did exactly what you said and they kick out of the finisher, even with no health. I'll probably skip the platinum this year, I have no urge to play MyGM either.

44 minutes ago, Savantir- said:

You must be insanely lucky when it comes to the AI's ability to kick out then. I did exactly what you said and they kick out of the finisher, even with no health. I'll probably skip the platinum this year, I have no urge to play MyGM either.

One thing I have noticed since the introduction of my faction is that strikers are the best to use at all times they have the easiest check list for points needed for wins and if you can get a card with at least level 2 sting like a bee you can stun lock the AI. When you start a run use a striker and give them all four of the armour boost that way you can just solo with them most of the time and not really take any damage you can also get more armour during a run though the blue chests. I have an evolution ruby Grayson Waller from the striker pack and have had no issues basically soloing all 5 stages of a FW run. If you don’t have him there is a weaker version available in the token market but I have not used it yet. Also the AI may be kicking out due to the ability that looks like a spring it basically gives you one free kick out regardless of the situation hope this helps.

Edited by ScumbagJosh93

I've said it before...but WWE 2K are the hardest 3/10 Plats I've ever played, and it's mostly because of MyFaction. Not hard as in nail bitingly difficult...just hard because you're at the mercy of the games default settings, and I'm someone who turns my sliders down to the lower side as I prefer my wrestling games to be more of something I can manipulate rather than treating them like a fighting game where I'm trying to win at all costs against an AI trying to do the same. But at the same time, the requirements aren't anything outlandish. 

It's the reason I didn't get the Plats in 22 and 23, I just can't stand Proving Grounds and Faction Wars. I don't want to waste my time with a 15+ minute match I have to play hundreds of times, or with Proving Grounds, throwing me into multiman matches where you lose on a single slip up and have to do it all over again (or you flat out forget the points requirement before winning). I wouldn't mind the grind, if the mode would just count your slider settings and I can just do a bunch of squash matches to get it over with. Or, with Faction Wars the kendo stick cheese method in 2K22 made it more barrable. 

I'm guessing 2K24 will be another one I won't Plat again. 

1 hour ago, Savantir- said:

I did exactly what you said and they kick out of the finisher, even with no health.

Or they reverse one move then tag in a fresh partner. Holy shit, MyFaction is the most boring game mode ever. 

Edit: Also, fuck ladder matches.

Edited by Savantir-
I had to complain more. 🙂
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 9:40 AM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Some of the trophy images aren’t appearing, but it looks fun and easy enough.

Which images? because I got the "Can't Call What You Can't See" trophy and for now it's the only trophy I got with a blank image instead of its proper trophy image (but I can see the trophy image if I'm offline in my PS5)

11 hours ago, Savantir- said:

Most of the higher level cards have the Resiliency payback, which means they're guaranteed to kick out of a finisher. If this happens then just pin them after your finisher and then they'll kick out, then do another grapple move on them and pin them. You should then be able to get the 3 count.

Can't you just have someone with a really high submission stat like last year? 

Last year I had a Xia Li card which had a strong submission and also started the match with a finisher so just hit that, get them stunned did another and made them submit in less than 5 minutes each. 

i've not got the game yet but may have to just wait until theres some good cards with perks you can use like the Xai Li one starting with a finisher made it much quicker.