Is anyone else struggling with the minigames?

So ch4, don't worry the second frog minigame is easier. No bars above to worry about avoiding. 3D Brawler is tough but manageable. Other minigame require a little patience and practice.

The sit ups will be a challenge to find rhythm with and the piano for two legs is challenging until you know the song and what to expect.

At least I can date whoever I damn well want in this game. In the original, you got a trophy for dating Barret so you had to go with him. I want my date in Rebirth to be with my waifu, Yuffie! ^_^

(When I can afford the game and I complete the story of Remake, of course... <_<)

(And yes, I checked the trophy list. Not a single date-related trophy.)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

First frog minigame: done (over 1'20).

Fort condor minigame: done.

Fort condor hard mode ("mission mode" in french): done.

I agree with those who found hard mode easier than normal, I can't explain why.

Can you guys confirm that I won't have to replay them  during my Hard Mode playthrough?

45 minutes ago, ChouShirakawa said:

First frog minigame: done (over 1'20).

Fort condor minigame: done.

Fort condor hard mode ("mission mode" in french): done.

I agree with those who found hard mode easier than normal, I can't explain why.

Can you guys confirm that I won't have to replay them  during my Hard Mode playthrough?

You won't. "Hard Mode" for mini-games is not tied to game difficulty. So you are done with Fort Condor. You will unlock more hard modes for other games along the way, but once a hard mode is done, it's done.

Edit- Though I guess I should point out, that you will need to do frog jump again if you do the side quests on hard mode for the manuscripts, but I'm pretty sure you just need to make it to 30.

Edited by XileLerinril

7 hours ago, ChouShirakawa said:

Oh by the way, do you know what has to be done one more time in hard mode?

In Remake, you could go straight to the end, you got every manuscript automatically.

Almost every side quest if you want all the manuscripts. Recommended as well if your going for every trophy 

Piano is a Scam. I hit the notes and it doesnt register. I press in a direction and the game registers both areas next to it. How am I supposed to get A rank if the game strait up doesnt work? Did anyone create a script already?

//Ended up getting all the A Rank now. It seems like its impossible on speed 1? I went up 1 level and played it on speed level 2 and immediately I was able to hit the notes with great. Somehow the speed levels seem to be another thing that has been glitched. I am on patch 1.2

Edited by RatchetsIllusion

I don't mind the amount of them, I just wish that you didn't have to 3 star all of them for the Platinum trophy.  The piano one, you just have to get the second best rank, that's ok, but everything else?  I mean, give me a hard fight, give me 2 hard fights, give me hard fights in a row, make me struggle and feel like I'm beating my head against the wall with a hard boss that functions within the regular mechanics of the game that I love until I finally emerge victorious, that's all fine.  But having to 3 star this damn cactuar minigame, having to beat this stupid arcade brawler game, it's just a big motivation killer.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:47 PM, ProfSeajay7 said:

At least I can date whoever I damn well want in this game. In the original, you got a trophy for dating Barret so you had to go with him. I want my date in Rebirth to be with my waifu, Yuffie! ^_^

(When I can afford the game and I complete the story of Remake, of course... <_<)

(And yes, I checked the trophy list. Not a single date-related trophy.)

Pretty sure that you will have to go on a date with Tifa, Aerith, and Yuffie.  The different collectibles that you get for Johnny's hotel, I think that there's 3 different ones, each one for getting a S ranked performance with each one during the play.

I reached the crunch-off minigame.

Game cheated on me two times, refusing to fill when you have to tap repeatly (yellow button) ending in 49-49 (you lose if it's a draw), then I succeed.

Every time a new minigame comes, I know I'll suffer.

So far:

- First frog game: done

- Fort condor: done

- Fort condor hard mode: done

- Pirate's rampage: done

- Pirate's rampage ghost ship: done

- Run wild: done

- Run wild second mode: done (was very easy)

- Crunch-off: done.

3 hours ago, ChouShirakawa said:

I reached the crunch-off minigame.

Game cheated on me two times, refusing to fill when you have to tap repeatly (yellow button) ending in 49-49 (you lose if it's a draw), then I succeed.

Every time a new minigame comes, I know I'll suffer.

So far:

- First frog game: done

- Fort condor: done

- Fort condor hard mode: done

- Pirate's rampage: done

- Pirate's rampage ghost ship: done

- Run wild: done

- Run wild second mode: done (was very easy)

- Crunch-off: done.

Nice, Cactuar Crush will take some tries but you should be fine. Gold Saucer will be your next big challenge as you face space invaders, 3D Brawler, and G Bike. Along with Queens Blood but that's gradual.

On 3/31/2024 at 4:19 PM, Clocker045 said:

Almost every side quest if you want all the manuscripts. Recommended as well if your going for every trophy 

Just something to add, you dont have to finish the side quest, just beat the "boss" of every side quest

Sometimes its just some random ennemy, sometimes its a mini boss, nothing too complicated

8 hours ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

Just something to add, you dont have to finish the side quest, just beat the "boss" of every side quest

Sometimes its just some random ennemy, sometimes its a mini boss, nothing too complicated

You do have to actually complete the side quests if you want the final Cait manuscript. The last side quest won't spawn if you haven't completed the rest.

19 minutes ago, NathanW18 said:

You do have to actually complete the side quests if you want the final Cait manuscript. The last side quest won't spawn if you haven't completed the rest.

Adding to that. Some quests don't activate or spawn until the quest before was handled. Like the gold cup or other quests related to a quest giver 

Started the game a few days ago and the truth is it has a lot of mini games and after some time I was like”damn how many there are?”

I’m on chapter 9 start and till now everything has been done including quest and other various events.Till now not very hard but I found super annoying the Tifa one on round 3 that took me 1 hour but after some time threw my headset and started focusing on the inputs.truth is the one with the half trigger was so annoying and wish I knew to disable the sensitivity of the triggers.

now regarding the others didn’t find found any difficulties except the fort condor 3rd stage and the 3rd stage of the fighting game with tab bar you have to built.

the shooting game was so easy and I don’t play call of duty games especially the first one where you can shoot without worrying for accuracy also the first touch with piano was hell but get used to it and the first song obtained with rank star (the other 2 or 3 with A)

Frog game was so easy for me…(don’t tell me there are more than the one I played)

I wanted to ask:for what people say there are some mini games which will unlock later like sephiroth on battle game.Are they really hard compared to the ones now?I heard sephiroth is he’ll also heard that song 5 or 6 on piano is hell also people mentioning fort condor a lot.are there new mini games for fort condor except the story wise one.I loved fort condor on intermission but hated here for some reason.

As I said I’m on the start of chapter 9 (cactus mini game was fun by the way) and I don’t know what hell awaits in the next chapters but till now everything is manageable.

also does anyone have any tips for blood queen survivor?it’s the only round I can’t finish (and I need 50 points for gold which seems like hell)till now blood queen was easy but this specific round is giving me trouble and I want to finish it before moving on.

ps:game till now seems easy but I use the same and the same materia all over and I’m thinking that in the end game I will have to grind like hell to master them.any tips?it’s just that my current equipment works well and I don’t want to change it.how many hours will need(estimation)

I heard somewhere that I have to max all green and yellow….what the f@ck…

8 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

Started the game a few days ago and the truth is it has a lot of mini games and after some time I was like”damn how many there are?”

I’m on chapter 9 start and till now everything has been done including quest and other various events.Till now not very hard but I found super annoying the Tifa one on round 3 that took me 1 hour but after some time threw my headset and started focusing on the inputs.truth is the one with the half trigger was so annoying and wish I knew to disable the sensitivity of the triggers.

now regarding the others didn’t find found any difficulties except the fort condor 3rd stage and the 3rd stage of the fighting game with tab bar you have to built.

the shooting game was so easy and I don’t play call of duty games especially the first one where you can shoot without worrying for accuracy also the first touch with piano was hell but get used to it and the first song obtained with rank star (the other 2 or 3 with A)

Frog game was so easy for me…(don’t tell me there are more than the one I played)

I wanted to ask:for what people say there are some mini games which will unlock later like sephiroth on battle game.Are they really hard compared to the ones now?I heard sephiroth is he’ll also heard that song 5 or 6 on piano is hell also people mentioning fort condor a lot.are there new mini games for fort condor except the story wise one.I loved fort condor on intermission but hated here for some reason.

As I said I’m on the start of chapter 9 (cactus mini game was fun by the way) and I don’t know what hell awaits in the next chapters but till now everything is manageable.

also does anyone have any tips for blood queen survivor?it’s the only round I can’t finish (and I need 50 points for gold which seems like hell)till now blood queen was easy but this specific round is giving me trouble and I want to finish it before moving on.

ps:game till now seems easy but I use the same and the same materia all over and I’m thinking that in the end game I will have to grind like hell to master them.any tips?it’s just that my current equipment works well and I don’t want to change it.how many hours will need(estimation)

I heard somewhere that I have to max all green and yellow….what the f@ck…

You don't need to max all green and yellow, it just means you have more options for building. Can definitely scrape by without if skilled enough. Also the minigames don't really get any harder, they're all pretty lenient other than sit-ups which requires perfection. Piano also requires perfection for S ranks, but you only need A for plat.